Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisinka

Medalist
I think what the interview with Nelli indicates that there is something going on behind the scenes and it's not a simple split situation. The translation is not entirely correct. She uses word "completely shocked", "rumours", "heard from somebody" and most importantly that Ruslan had absolute no idea until the rumours broke this week. There is no way he could not have known IF such decision was made or even seriously entertained. Also the way he and Vika behaved in the KandC with their coaches did not indicate even a hint on a possible problem. We shall wait until the end of the season.

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/698530
"heard from somebody" - in this interview Nelli says that some Russian skater told Ruslan, but there is no time mentioned where was Ruslan told that.
"completely shocked" - Nelli said that frankly she can't say anything certain, because she is shocked by this info.
"rumours" - Nelli told that all (probably all skaters) believe this and they all doubt in the same time, but it is also possible that it is a rumour.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Ok.

I just love them more than my wife (don't tell her), and it looks like I'm the only their fan on this forum.

You're not alone :)

Anyway, I just hope this is just a rumour. It seems insane that they could split right now considering that they skated amazingly well at the OG and they have a shot at medals at worlds (well... after the sd it seems unlikely but they have a new olympic cycle ahead of them).

bramweld

Record Breaker
The very short 6-point version (mods feel free to edit/delete if it is too gossip raggy. i try to be clear what is just rumored and what is known to be true).

1) they partnered as children but were very immature and split up. when they got back together they said they didn't understand what working together and partnership was at that time.
2) they got back together on the ice and also dated. it is believed (though not to my knowledge confirmed) that it was serious and that she broke his heart.
3) directly or perhaps shortly thereafter, she began dating mozorov, their current coach.
4) it is rumored that she is an extremely temperamental diva and that he has struggled to deal with her mood swings, emotions, and with the fact that she broke his heart and is now dating their coach.
5) it is rumored that he is very insecure.
6) for the above reasons it is rumored that there is a GREAT deal of tension among them and mozorov. it doesn't help that they rarely 'hit' in competition.

There have also been dramatic coaching switches and many rumors about their work ethic or lack thereof.

We should be careful because we may not know all the facts. What I do remember each of them saying at some time is that they argue a lot, both have a temper, not good. Zhulin would also say that when Nikita was younger he would raise his voice at him (Zhulin) but over time he matured and stopped doing this. If you followed her on twitter it was obvious that they had their problems so I figure with his temper and alleged insecurity, she thought she had plausible reasons to leave him. I think she thought Morozov being older and wiser, outside of Nikita's immediate sphere would be a better candidate, maybe he would be more mature. But I don't know if this panned out or if in the end this just became more than Nikita could handle. Also in the Men's Health magazine interview she gave a few seasons ago she does mention that she would try to go out of her way to "give to Nikita" as much as possible. I think she's a type A personality so not something that came easy for HER. So this pair really may just be incompatible.

Elena has often said herself that she can be a very severe girl in her dealings with people. So they may have had one fight too many and she just snapped and ended it. Hurting him greatly in the process. I believe he comes from a more afluent and well respected family and certain persons took offence at how she may have ended things with him. So for sometime persons have been trying to end her career. Nikita has fought for them to stay together in the past but for some reason he's not able to do so anymore.

But there might be other factors which might be in play that we know nothing about. What I would say though is that Morozov should never have gotten in between these two. Very unprofessional behaviour in my opinion, in some countries he would have been neutered. This is just such a huge waste of time and talent. Both seemed very miserable to me. My word such a sad state of affairs.

tulosai

Record Breaker
We should be careful because we may not know all the facts.

I would go further and say we certainly DO NOT know all the facts and as I admitted in my original post very very clearly, a lot of this is just rumors. The things that are known for sure is that they have had conflict (but the details of this are unclear and how serious it has been is unclear), that they did at one time date and are no longer dating, that they have switched coaches (and that their old coaches did bad mouth them), and that their new coach is now dating her. The rest is just speculation in truth.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
sounds like Katsalapov should get a medal just for dealing with these two (Elena & Morozov).

bramweld

Record Breaker
But from what I gather I don't think things panned out with her and Morozov. She found him out for the oily snake that he is or she 's the best actress in ice dance ever. But in any event, Nik and Kolya have bonded so much! Why would he want to stay with Morozov and be trained by him. Awkward much. Normal people would RUN. Something just doesn't add up.

cebi26

On the Ice
In Sochi they seemed to be so happy with each other...such drama! They look beautiful together but if they have such a toxic relationship perhaps it will be best if they separate :eek:hwell:

In Sochi they seemed to be so happy with each other...such drama! They look beautiful together but if they have such a toxic relationship perhaps it will be best if they separate :eek:hwell:

True....but I hope the rumors about her retiring aren't true.... Selfishly, I'd like to see her continue at least a while longer even if it is with someone new

cebi26

On the Ice
True....but I hope the rumors about her retiring aren't true.... Selfishly, I'd like to see her continue at least a while longer even if it is with someone new

Agree, she is so talented! But she seriously should run as far as possible from Morozov. What a creepy guy!

bramweld

Record Breaker
That is the only thing that makes this good in my mind. Get her away from Morozov ASAP! Lesson to the wise. RUNNNNNN...!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nelli Zhiganshina, the sister of Ruslan who competes for Germany with partner Alexander Gazsi, is not convinced that Ilinykh and Katasapalov will split, or that her brother's partnership with Sinitsina will end.
"In Russia, a lot of bad politics is done by people who go to journalists and tell them bad stories about other people," she said. "They want to ruin skaters' careers to take profit for their own goals

Yes--- like the mysterious coach who went to L'Equipe with the rumors before Olympics.

It is not that shocking that Morozov has a Facebook.page- what's shocking is that anyone ever accepted his "friend" request and read his Page ;) so that we could hear that he wrote "Game Over" on it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Agree, she is so talented! But she seriously should run as far as possible from Morozov. What a creepy guy!

AGREED!

Like, he's nearly double her age! We mightn't bat an eyelid if, say, he was 58 and she was 40. But they're not. He's knocking on the door of 40, and she's barely left her teens.

And then there's his track record...

Every time I think of Elena and Nikolai, I cringe.

So, I prefer to think of Elena and Nikita in happier times. And these photos of them never fail but make me smile:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i516/1201/47/31bd532884e2.jpg
http://s002.radikal.ru/i199/1201/3f/b685d166b0ed.jpg

I am just so sorry that it looks like ending the way it is. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

jewel

Rinkside
AGREED!

Like, he's nearly double her age! We mightn't bat an eyelid if, say, he was 58 and she was 40. But they're not. He's knocking on the door of 40, and she's barely left her teens.

And then there's his track record...

Every time I think of Elena and Nikolai, I cringe.

So, I prefer to think of Elena and Nikita in happier times. And these photos of them never fail but make me smile:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i516/1201/47/31bd532884e2.jpg
http://s002.radikal.ru/i199/1201/3f/b685d166b0ed.jpg

I am just so sorry that it looks like ending the way it is. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

I love these pictures :) Puberty has been nice to them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes--- like the mysterious coach who went to L'Equipe with the rumors before Olympics.

It is not that shocking that Morozov has a Facebook.page- what's shocking is that anyone ever accepted his "friend" request and read his Page ;) so that we could hear that he wrote "Game Over" on it.

I took a quick look -- apparently he's Facebook friends with Miki Ando...so I guess no hard feelings? :slink:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I&K splitting
B&S not competing and this was their last competition together.
Shib's splitting
S&Z splitting.
P&B last competition

and according to Italian Eurosport, the're still waiting for confirmation from other couples (USA and Canada), most probably splitting after the wordls.

Ice Dance Horror movie.

Wait... WHAT? Alex and Maia are splitting???

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wait... WHAT? Alex and Maia are splitting???

Context: http://www.freep.com/article/201402.../meryl-davis-and-charlie-white-sochi-olympics

Which brings us to Alex and Maia Shibutani, who train in Canton and took ninth in Sochi.

They said they are not certain whether they will return next season.

When they said this, in the mixed zone after the competition, I was stunned

So they never said definitively that they are not continuing,however it sounds like they're taking stock of their priorities and what they really want to do. Both Maia and Alex have other interests, so it's possible they might want to move on to pursue those interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.