Page 111 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2764

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    Alexeeva knew of the split and she said Victoria told her before worlds. Why she said what she said, who knows? I took Ruslan's retweet of that interview to be a passive aggressive poke at Sinitsina to make an official decision. He knows Sinitsina still follows him on twitter and they all follow each other on social media still.
    No she said she knew of the tryouts, but they didn't know what would happen until the week after worlds when Victoria took her things from their rink. And up til then Victoria herslef had said the media her plan was to carry on working with Ruslan.

Custom Title
    Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345
    Alexeeva knew of the split and she said Victoria told her before worlds. Why she said what she said, who knows? I took Ruslan's retweet of that interview to be a passive aggressive poke at Sinitsina to make an official decision. He knows Sinitsina still follows him on twitter and they all follow each other on social media still.
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    No she said she knew of the tryouts, but they didn't know what would happen until the week after worlds when Victoria took her things from their rink. And up til then Victoria herslef had said the media her plan was to carry on working with Ruslan.
    Exactly. There was notice about Alexeeva who knew about a tryout, not about a split. There are usually more tryouts if a skater looks for new partner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Oh my... At this rate I don't understand why Nikita and Vic haven't spared their ex partners already?!

Lena and Ruslan need to move on! Why couldn't they choose a path for their own career just because of Nikita and Vic? Erase those 2 from their memory! I think Lena and Ruslan should ask Russian Fed to form them as a pair right away and forget Nikita and Vic, regardless of the result between those 2.

I don't think Lena and Ruslan care much about Nikita and Vic's ending. It's so obvious they want to move on. They are not extra partners for Nikita and Vic in case things does not go right.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140407/741387775.html
    ...Lena’s interview…from 7th of April…
    …“Now we started to train with Ruslan Zhiganshin, but nobody knows yet what will happen with this (if it will work).“

http://ria.ru/sport/20140407/1002804...#ixzz2yBYINEil
    …Ruslan Zhiganshin’s interview…from 7th of April…
    …“Today we both with Lena turn to Russian Federation with announcement that we will skate together. We will train in group of coaches of Alexeeva and Kustarova, where we trained with Vika. We had a tryout already last week.“
    (Nikita told Lena on 4th of April, in that time probably Viki told Kustarova already …so a tryout was on 5th or 6th of April.)

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html
    …Alexeeva’s interview…14th of April…
    “Practises of Lena and Ruslan are going very well. But they just begin – so it is too soon to judge. I can say yet that they are comfortable with each other, that they found a common language immediately. They have a common target – to win.“
    When will Russian Federation announce final decision about I&K?:
    “I have no idea, we would like to know it also. At least kids became a couple, they train, they work. And what Federation think about it – we don’t know.“
    So you are in dependent situation until now?:
    “I wouldn’t say so. We work. Federation got to know that kids became a couple and started with practises. Tomorrow a representative of Federation will come to us – to see kids. If he/she will come or not – I don’t know.“

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16853.html
    …17th of April…Alexeeva’s interview…
    “Mikhail Jurievich Stifunin liked everything (head coach of Russian Ice Dance), he complimented a couple and he plans to tell the head people of Federation about it. He was surprised how much well they look like – taking into account how short time they skate together. They already look like a couple! Particularly he was satisfied with dance of kids. Lena and Ruslan train in good mood, they try something themselves also. So a work goes in full speed. They (Lena and Ruslan) like it – and we like it also (coaches). Everything is interesting enought.“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...020033869.html
    Gorshkov’s interview from 22th of April…
    ...“A new partner of Ilinykh will be known in a month.“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...020079792.html
    ….from 24th of April...
    ...Russian Federation‘s meeting…they don’t support a split if I&K and S&Z. Federation will return to this question after meeting all required procedures. Final resolution will be taken until 31st of May.

Visibly Lena & Ruslan try to forget about the past and move on and prepare for new season without crying over all circumstances, when it is obvious that both Nikita and Victoria are sure with skating with each other….but Russsian Federation doesn’t allow them to move on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?
    I lost all hope for modern music in ice dance. I always liked Kostner's version of Riders on the Storm (I even planned some lifts and twizzles in my head) I still hope some ice dance team can skate with that in future but for some reason judges are not liking this type of music.

2013 Pechalat&Bourzat-Rolling Stones (3rd to 6th)
    2011 Crone&Poirier-Eleanor Rigby (7th to 10th)
    2009 Virtue&Moir- Pink Floyd (2nd to 3rd)
    2008 Davis/White- Eleanor Rigby (6th to 7th)

I want some real dance (waltz, tango, rhumba...) with full of close dance moves, holds, steps for them but this is too challenging for a new team.

Medalist
    Actually, all Victoria said was that she doesn't know of any rumors around them (which was her version of Nikita's "no comment"). It was Ruslan who said their immediate plans were to continue training til May.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/1182_viktori...ikakih-sluhov/

As for Alexeeva's comments here, it seems to me like all she is saying is that they (Nikita and Victoria) want to skate together, they should be the one to talk and to make the split official. She seemed to quite certain the split was final. And the fact that they got Ilinykh into their camp so quickly seems to indicate that there was enough certainty that the split was happening and Victoria wanted to leave that they needed to make a move and get Ruslan the best partner available at the moment.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16757.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Both couples were always concentrating on big drama and story of love. So I would go into opposite direction choosing some pure dance for free dance, but not typical ballroom, but some very light and fresh music, French Edith Piaf would be interesting also.

For short dance I would choose....Zorro... but wait, not that notorious known melodies (I guess that at least 10 couples will choose Zorro Soundtrack)...I would take a melody which is not on Soundtrack list...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sysna_pRmMg .

Custom Title
    As for Alexeeva's comments here, it seems to me like all she is saying is that they (Nikita and Victoria) want to skate together, they should be the one to talk and to make the split official. She seemed to quite certain the split was final. And the fact that they got Ilinykh into their camp so quickly seems to indicate that there was enough certainty that the split was happening and Victoria wanted to leave that they needed to make a move and get Ruslan the best partner available at the moment.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16757.html
    Alexeeva told that Victoria took all her things from ice rink and told them she is going to skate with Nikita. If they give a call to Lena she told them that Nikita left her also....so I understand that they all thought that a split happened and there is no way back. Also I think that all coaches plus Lena and Ruslan expected that Nikita and Victoria already have a Russian Federation's agreement in moment when Nikita told Lena and Victoria took her things off the ice rink. Probably Alexeeva also called Russian Federation...and she was surprised that they knew nothing about it. It took another week until Nikita and Victoria put oficial request to Federation that they want to skate together - they did it on 11st of April (Lena was told by Nikita about a split on 4th of April).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I want some real dance (waltz, tango, rhumba...) with full of close dance moves, holds, steps for them but this is too challenging for a new team.
    Nobody will ask how long they skate together, judges and Russian Federation will look at their programs, nobody will forgive them easy programs (like I&K did). But they have nothing to loose. And Ruslan and Victoria were fully capable of close holds, difficult steps and dance moves and they were great in it. Lena and Nikita have great skating skills and maybe a wish and motivation to show who is better. With good training process both couples are capable to show good quality of programs and dances even first year. Victoria will learn Nikita and Ruslan will learn Lena how to skate in close holds and make difficult transitions. Lena will learn Ruslan how to spin better and make better twizzles, Victoria will learn Nikita better twizzles. Overall all skaters can improve and the result can be surprisingly good.

Remember Domnina & Shabalin, their first season together - they already had great synchro, they were fully a couple on 100% - and they won all juniors competitions Junior World Champs included, they qualified for European and World Champs and they skated very well there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Both couples were always concentrating on big drama and story of love. So I would go into opposite direction choosing some pure dance for free dance, but not typical ballroom, but some very light and fresh music, French Edith Piaf would be interesting also.
    [/url] .
    Yes something light would be great, especially considering paso doble is our SD For to be in safe side I always liked Domnina&Shabalin's Waltz No. 2 interpretation. (Especially loved Shabalin) But they never skated good. I think waltz is good choice for a new team. Of course I'm biased. My favorite programs from Virtue/Moir, Davis/White,Domnina/Shabalin is all waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    It sounds like that's what Nikita has been doing.

Medalist

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Nobody will ask how long they skate together, judges and Russian Federation will look at their programs, nobody will forgive them easy programs (like I&K did). But they have nothing to loose. And Ruslan and Victoria were fully capable of close holds, difficult steps and dance moves and they were great in it. Lena and Nikita have great skating skills and maybe a wish and motivation to show who is better. With good training process both couples are capable to show good quality of programs and dances even first year. Victoria will learn Nikita and Ruslan will learn Lena how to skate in close holds and make difficult transitions. Lena will learn Ruslan how to spin better and make better twizzles, Victoria will learn Nikita better twizzles. Overall all skaters can improve and the result can be surprisingly good.

Remember Domnina & Shabalin, their first season together - they already had great synchro, they were fully a couple on 100% - and they won all juniors competitions Junior World Champs included, they qualified for European and World Champs and they skated very well there.
    Kustarova tends to overdo this difficult steps and holds little bit. If she do that again and choice dramatic music again, they are going to look slow and old. I know you like Bobrova/Soloviev at 2012 and 2014 but those programs didn't got them anywhere. Just like difficult holds/steps/moves didn't give world title to Weaver/Poje. I'm happy Kustarova is getting help from another choreographer. We know Zoueva and Sphillband use some jumps,hops or lifts to give skaters speed and breathing moments. Kustarova should do that too.

Custom Title
    What she is saying? From google translate, she sounds like skyfly She said something with Victoria and her blue eyes but I'm not sure

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    What she is saying? From google translate, she sounds like skyfly She said something with Victoria and her blue eyes but I'm not sure
    She doesn't really say much, other than they are well matched, beautiful couple capable of great speed. They work very hard and dream of becoming Olympic champions. Of course she has enjoyed working with them, they seem to be a traditional Russian couple, both have long legs and working knees. However to develop a style all their own this will take time. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Page 111 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 161 ... LastLast