Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think Marina shot herself in the foot on this one. I say this because Marina can do wonderful things with choreography but she is not the technician Igor was. With the obvious lack of upper body extension on Victoria and the technical issues that Nikita seems to suffer from, I wonder if she was the wisest coaching choice.

My honest opinion? I never liked Marina as a coach or choreo. I never like her when she was with G&G and nor did I liked her later.
The reason I adore V&M is thanks to their skating.

I'm not very familiar with the new Russians coaches now in Ice Dance. I'm still waiting for Zhulin to give his best, but the coaches I would choose are: Igor or Krylova&Camarlengo
I also prefer Zazoui. Where is she now by the way?

Thanks elif. I'm not very interested in P&I, so tend to forget them quickly.

I hope I/Z take their time before performing in public so they can wow everyone from the off. There is no need to rush to get something out before you are really ready.

This. :thumbsup:

DianaSelene

Medalist
Davankova/Enbert and Zabijako/Larionov look pretty good. Especially it is really cool to see an almost clean throw triple loop from them considering they just began skating together. Quite promising and she can actually jump while Bazarova could not.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Davankova/Enbert and Zabijako/Larionov look pretty good. Especially it is really cool to see an almost clean throw triple loop from them considering they just began skating together. Quite promising and she can actually jump while Bazarova could not.
They will still need to sit down a year or two. I personally loved Davankova with her new partner. She did not look junior any more and very elegant.

Alba

Record Breaker

Where did you see them?

uhh

Medalist
I'm not very familiar with the new Russians coaches now in Ice Dance. I'm still waiting for Zhulin to give his best, but the coaches I would choose are: Igor or Krylova&Camarlengo
I also prefer Zazoui. Where is she now by the way?

Zazoui is still working with Hagenauer, their main students are Papdakis/Cizeron, but unfortunately Didier does not like her so it's very hard for her students... My favourite Russian coaches are Svin/Zhuk. They have Stepanova/Bukin, and also the South Korean team Kim/Minov who did a great Scheherazade FD this year. I loved Zhulin in 2009-2011 with P/B and I/K, but he has been too hit & miss with B/S & M/K for me.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
My honest opinion? I never liked Marina as a coach or choreo. I never like her when she was with G&G and nor did I liked her later. The reason I adore V&M is thanks to their skating. I'm not very familiar with the new Russians coaches now in Ice Dance. I'm still waiting for Zhulin to give his best, but the coaches I would choose are: Igor or Krylova&Camarlengo I also prefer Zazoui. Where is she now by the way? Thanks elif. I'm not very interested in P&I, so tend to forget them quickly.

No I hear what you are saying with her as a coach. As a choreographer I do love G and G's sculptures, V/M's Carmen, D/W's Die Fliederme(sp), ect. I think the coaching aspect hinders her choreography at times. I love Krylova, she is soo underrated as a coach!

Alba

Record Breaker
No I hear what you are saying with her as a coach. As a choreographer I do love G and G's sculptures, V/M's Carmen, D/W's Die Fliederme(sp), ect. I think the coaching aspect hinders her choreography at times. I love Krylova, she is soo underrated as a coach!

As with V&M I loved G&G but mostly for their skating, chemistry and connection. I'm not sure I remember the sculpture program. Is that when they went pro? I didn't like their choreo's very much when they were competing, compare with Moskvina's for example.
I love Carmen and Die Fledermaus FD (I have to check the SD becuse I don't remember that now tbh).
I also like Bollywood and Eleanor Rigby, but the best and the most innovative program, for me, Carmen, I think it was not her choreo.

Anyway, we're talking about top elite coaches/choreo here and she certainly is. I don't like to sound like she is nothing, but she is not my cup of tea. She is very ambitious and determined to win. It certainly helped having talented and hard working students, but she is not the best coach or choreo, IMO.

Zazoui is still working with Hagenauer, their main students are Papdakis/Cizeron, but unfortunately Didier does not like her so it's very hard for her students... My favourite Russian coaches are Svin/Zhuk. They have Stepanova/Bukin, and also the South Korean team Kim/Minov who did a great Scheherazade FD this year. I loved Zhulin in 2009-2011 with P/B and I/K, but he has been too hit & miss with B/S & M/K for me.

I'm sorry to hear that about Zazoui and the treatment she gets from her Fed. I think she is a choreo who thinks out of the box. With a good couple she can do wonders.
I agree with you about Zhulin, so I'm still waiting to see how he'll go from now on. In fact, I'm very curious to see B&S next season.
I'm not very familiar with Svin/Zhuk. I'll check their programs again. Does he (Zhuk) have any relation to the great Stanislav Zhuk? :)

elif

Medalist
I don't want to sound like skyfly, but it seems Stepanova/Bukin is in huge trouble. :laugh: Their number 4th russian dance team status could be threatened by Sinitsina/Katsalapov:laugh: -Sarcasm- :laugh:

Mattieu

Medalist
I'm sorry to hear that about Zazoui and the treatment she gets from her Fed. I think she is a choreo who thinks out of the box. With a good couple she can do wonders.
I
It's Romain Haguenauer that thinks out of the box. He is the choreographer responsible for most of the interesting programs and costumes.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't want to sound like skyfly, but it seems Stepanova/Bukin is in huge trouble. :laugh: Their number 4th russian dance team status could be threatened by Sinitsina/Katsalapov:laugh: -Sarcasm- :laugh:

Looking at it again I sense that Nikita tries too hard to emulate Scott rather than finding his own image. It is nice though interesting to see how they develop but sad to see that its sort of dull. How did S/B do, all sarcasm aside?

uhh

Medalist
I agree with you about Zhulin, so I'm still waiting to see how he'll go from now on. In fact, I'm very curious to see B&S next season.
I'm not very familiar with Svin/Zhuk. I'll check their programs again. Does he (Zhuk) have any relation to the great Stanislav Zhuk? :)

She! Irina Zhuk, but I have no idea if she is related to Stanislav.

DianaSelene

Medalist
They will still need to sit down a year or two. I personally loved Davankova with her new partner. She did not look junior any more and very elegant.

Zabijako/Larionov will have to sit out 2 years because Estonia does not want to release her. During that time, they will only be able to compete in national competitions. However, if the pair gels and they can do their elements even if we won't see them internationally, they will still train during those 2 years and hopefully do well when they will be allowed to compete on the world stage.

About Davankova/Enbert I was hoping that they would get together for a few years now -- they are both good jumpers which is a plus (considering his partner Gerboldt could not jump) and Enbert is great for her since he is a tall partner so as long as they can learn their throws, twists, and other pair elements, they are good to go.

cebi26

On the Ice
S/K look pretty on the ice together, but totally forgettable. There was a spark in I/K that perhaps it was Elena who brought it.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
I personally loved Davankova with her new partner. She did not look junior any more and very elegant.

I totally agree!! I've always been a fan of her, but she looks much older and mature now (having her hair partially done probably helped too). I thought it was lovely, and as you said, she looked very elegant - I'm excited to see how this team develops!

Mattieu

Medalist
S/K look pretty on the ice together, but totally forgettable. There was a spark in I/K that perhaps it was Elena who brought it.

I totally agree. It looks like he is skating with his kid sister. He is running rings around her quite literally.
She doesn't bend her knees anywhere near as much as Nikita and I know sky... fly is going to comment that she is too tall for him as a result!

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
By the way, this show will be broadcasted tomorrow
at 20.30 on SPORTBOX(works only in russia:( )
at 20.35 on SPORT(maybe we can find a link)

Status
Not open for further replies.