Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
About Davankova/Enbert I was hoping that they would get together for a few years now -- they are both good jumpers which is a plus (considering his partner Gerboldt could not jump) and Enbert is great for her since he is a tall partner so as long as they can learn their throws, twists, and other pair elements, they are good to go.

I forgot who's their coach, Oleg Vassiliev ?

I must say that Zabijako has beautiful lines.

I totally agree. It looks like he is skating with his kid sister. He is running rings around her quite literally.
She doesn't bend her knees anywhere near as much as Nikita and I know sky... fly is going to comment that she is too tall for him as a result!

By the way, what do you people think about their height?

bramweld

Record Breaker
Sisinka, I don't know if I can trust my own eyes, what do you see in S/K? But wow V/T came in just to see them and introduce them? Has the FED decided to back them and put I/Z out in the cold? All because of looks? Shame, shame :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker
Sisinka, I don't know if I can trust my own eyes, what do you see in S/K? But wow V/T came in just to see them and introduce them? Has the FED decided to back them and put I/Z out in the cold? All because of looks? Shame, shame :cry:

I don't think it's the Fed. He is a close friend with Trankov. ;)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Sky_fly20 is going to throw a fit. If you look closely, Victoria is not a small girl, they will have to be very careful with her costuming and hope that she has finished growing. Nikita looks just about adequate for her. More challenging lifts will need a lot more work.

Alba

Record Breaker
Sky_fly20 is going to throw a fit. If you look closely, Victoria is not a small girl, they will have to be very careful with her costuming and hope that she has finished growing. Nikita looks just about adequate for her. More challenging lifts will need a lot more work.

She lookes very tall here to me, but maybe is the camera angle.

Mattieu

Medalist
She lookes very tall here to me, but maybe is the camera angle.

She is a fine height for Nikita, it's just she doesn't bend her knees enough for his deep knee bend.
He is also very agile, which makes her look a bit stiff in comparison.

Alba

Record Breaker
If I remember correctly Davankova/Enbert are in Mozer's group, but Bazarova/Deputat are with Vassiliev.

D&E with Mozer as well? :eek:hwell:
I suppose she didn't want the same coach that Deputat has. I know they parted in a "good way", but still that must hurt.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
This piece didn't suit them at all. It seemed slow and lethargic. There is no connection whatsoever.

I'll continue to withhold total judgement until the actual season because I know it's stupid to judge based only on an exhibition, but I read this as... Not a good omen.

Alba

Record Breaker
This is why Katsalapov changed his hair style :laugh: He needs more height :laugh:

Really, why did he changed his style? I thought the one he had before was much better.
He acts like the girls. When we want change we start with the hair. :laugh:

caitie

Medalist
Did Marina really say S/K would be the fastest team in the world? I paged back several times but couldn't find anything but references to her having said that, but perhaps I misunderstood!

Anyway, I think it's decent for a month into training with each other and audience video. The lifts were pretty rough, though.

IA the music is totally boring and adds nothing. With a team like this, they need to be using music that can carry them a bit, at least for now.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
D&E with Mozer as well? :eek:hwell:
I suppose she didn't want the same coach that Deputat has. I know they parted in a "good way", but still that must hurt.

Hmm I never got the sense that she was upset - he split with her in a REALLY classy way (especially compared to some other Russian skaters *ahem*) - they always seemed to get along well, so I can't imagine she's that pissed. She probably saw it coming anyways. Anyways she seems happy with Enbert (and Mozgov :) )

elif

Medalist
IA the music is totally boring and adds nothing. With a team like this, they need to be using music that can carry them a bit, at least for now.

Don't expect much from Zoueva. :eek:hwell: This is her usual style and I think she even surpassed herself here. :laugh: There is no other way to make this program more boring, more bland already is.. :confused2: Amazing accomplishment for her.:clap::laugh:

-Sarcasm-

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Read her sprashivai. She was pissed. http://m.sprashivai.ru/VDavankova
Wow.Never saw it before. Apparantly, yes, she was pissed. And she said that Deputat did not really talk to her about the split, he talked to the coach. And she was upset and, even though she thought that it may happen, it was a surprise to her. However, now she sees that it is all for the best.

(I did not know that Bobrova dated Deputar :rolleye: )

Alba

Record Breaker
Hmm I never got the sense that she was upset - he split with her in a REALLY classy way (especially compared to some other Russian skaters *ahem*) - they always seemed to get along well, so I can't imagine she's that pissed. She probably saw it coming anyways. Anyways she seems happy with Enbert (and Mozgov :) )

There is never a "happy" way to end a relationship, being that at a personal level or at work.
The person who was left, in this case Dankova, can not feel happy about it, but at least I do appreciate the way Deputat dealt with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.