Page 116 of 189 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

  1. #1726
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    You mean reigning world champion Yana Kudryavtseva, not just "some gymnast". Maybe Victoria should hang out with gymnasts some more, they might help her improve her lines & posture.
    who cares ? Elena should spend more time on the ice training with fellow skaters
    and this Yana isnt even her age, she is a 16 year old : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yana_Kudryavtseva

  2. #1727
    go figure
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?
    I can see them dancing to various genres, just not rock/pop/modern music in general. Judges don't seem to appreciate it even if done really well, except for MJ who is way overdone by now (as is anything Piaf, IMO). But I don't want to see the couple dancing to drama again. I don't care about S/K because I'm still annoyed with them, but I hope I/Z stay away from operas and dramatic, serene classics this season. I can totally see them skating to something Oriental, similar to D/W's Sheherezade, or to a waltz, like some hoped for in the previous posts. With a great choreography and impeccable movement timing, I'd be excited to see even the Blue Danube which is aso played quite frequently.

    Off-topic, why do some folks still react to the same old bait repeated over and over again?

  3. #1728
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    I can see them dancing to various genres, just not rock/pop/modern music in general. Judges don't seem to appreciate it even if done really well, except for MJ who is way overdone by now (as is anything Piaf, IMO). But I don't want to see the couple dancing to drama again. I don't care about S/K because I'm still annoyed with them, but I hope I/Z stay away from operas and dramatic, serene classics this season. I can totally see them skating to something Oriental, similar to D/W's Sheherezade, or to a waltz, like some hoped for in the previous posts. With a great choreography and impeccable movement timing, I'd be excited to see even the Blue Danube which is aso played quite frequently.

    Off-topic, why do some folks still react to the same old bait repeated over and over again?
    Some are just too annoying ugh!

    As for I/Z they have such a sweet young beauty, I could see them doing Nina Rota's Romeo and Juliet. Everyone would totally buy Rus being besotted by her. But hard to tell when you haven't seen them skate together.

  4. #1729
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    who cares ? Elena should spend more time on the ice training with fellow skaters
    and this Yana isnt even her age, she is a 16 year old : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yana_Kudryavtseva
    Get over it skyfly Don't you remember Nikita's pitiful attempt to please fans with shirtless pic? Last time I cheched instead af training, he was replying fans wishes in instagram and seek attention from them.

    Happy birthday to Elena. You can cleary see ElenaIlinykhEffect on Ruslan, he already looks different to me

  5. #1730
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    128
    As far as modern goes, I thought Papadakis and Cizeron did a fantastic job with Woodkid.

  6. #1731
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    who cares ? Elena should spend more time on the ice training with fellow skaters
    and this Yana isnt even her age, she is a 16 year old : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yana_Kudryavtseva
    What will it take for you to shut up?

  7. #1732
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Beautiful Victoria Sinitsina's birthday today:
    seems she and Nikita are still in the US

    http://instagram.com/p/nX34Gjtc9W/
    a birthday greet with a board written in english, its a US skating club in Michigan ?

  8. #1733
    On the Ice kittyvondutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Beautiful Victoria Sinitsina's birthday today:
    seems she and Nikita are still in the US

    http://instagram.com/p/nX34Gjtc9W/
    a birthday greet with a board written in english, its a US skating club in Michigan ?
    nobody cares

  9. #1734
    P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Beautiful Victoria Sinitsina's birthday today:
    seems she and Nikita are still in the US

    http://instagram.com/p/nX34Gjtc9W/
    a birthday greet with a board written in english, its a US skating club in Michigan ?
    That looks like Arctic Edge, where they're trying out with Zueva, I believe. It matches up with the footage of the rink that was in Tessa and Scott's reality show, as well as the board in the back that says 'Arctic Figure Skating Club.'

    It doesn't look like the Novi rink or DSC, which would be the only other rinks that would be viable for them.

  10. #1735
    go figure
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    What will it take for you to shut up?
    My bet is on noone replying to any of their posts. In that case, if they're posting for attention, they'll eventually grow bored and go away.

    BTW I'm so glad to read how well I/Z seem to be getting on. I'm looking forward to that showing on ice.

  11. #1736
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Since we are on the topic of "some rhythmic gymnast" by the name of Yana Kudryavtseva who is 3-time world champ and 3-time European champ (and I happen to be a huge rhythmic gymnastics fan) I will take the opportunity to post a link to her best performance to Chopin's nocturne (the same that Asada skated to) because it is the best rhythmic gymnastics routine I have ever laid my eyes on and I have seen a lot. So skyfly -- enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabNeY84WpI

  12. #1737
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Since we are on the topic of "some rhythmic gymnast" by the name of Yana Kudryavtseva who is 3-time world champ and 3-time European champ (and I happen to be a huge rhythmic gymnastics fan) I will take the opportunity to post a link to her best performance to Chopin's nocturne (the same that Asada skated to) because it is the best rhythmic gymnastics routine I have ever laid my eyes on and I have seen a lot. So skyfly -- enjoy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabNeY84WpI
    While I think that Kudryavtseva is enormously talented, certainly deserves all her success, and unquestionably earned the World title last year, I firmly believe that no routine is better than the best that Evgenia Kanaeva produced

  13. #1738
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    What will it take for you to shut up?
    Ignore her.


    Beautiful Victoria Sinitsina's birthday today:
    seems she and Nikita are still in the US

    http://instagram.com/p/nX34Gjtc9W/
    a birthday greet with a board written in english, its a US skating club in Michigan ?

    @Moderators: I think this comments should be moved to S&K fan fest topic. Thanks.

  14. #1739
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Well, I know where you are coming from. For me, Kanaeva still is the best overall rhythmic gymnast ever. Better than Kabaeva or all the previous gymnasts. Her body of work was tremendous and she is the only one to be a 2-time individual rhythmic gymnastics champ. But for me it depends what programs of Kanaeva's would you compare to Kudryavtseva's. I think her best performances are from the Beijing Olympics and no one has yet to reach that skill level and beauty. But I think her Beijing performances were better than the ones from London where she seemed to struggle a lot with the pressure of becoming a 2-time Olympic champion. However, she fully deserved to get that gold as well.

    I love Kudryavtseva's ball routine-- in my opinion no one has ever been so skilled in that apparatus as she (even Kanaeva). The ball seems to float and the apparatus handling looks effortless. That being said she is very young -- only 16 and needs to become more mature in order to prove that she could once be as great as Kanaeva.

    They are both exquisite.

  15. #1740
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    attention seeker Ilinykh with some Russian rhythmic gymnast
    she needs to practice not pose pictures to seek attention with a so called BFF whose not even a skater !

    http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram...c9991484_8.jpg


    picture of mismatched dancer Ilinykh and school Boy Zhiganshin in a Party !
    http://cs608622.vk.me/v608622563/838d/b7S0EXBU3wQ.jpg
    I can't believe I'm gonna bite. The shame. But... maybe Gracie should fix that double axel instead of mugging for pics with Taylor Swift.
    That said, I think I/Z look nicely matched. We'll see when they take the ice.

Page 116 of 189 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 166 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •