Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 116 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
It's Romain Haguenauer that thinks out of the box. He is the choreographer responsible for most of the interesting programs and costumes.

I'm not taking away any credit to Haguenauer but I do remember Zazoui before the collaboration with him as well. I always liked her.
Anyway, my point was that I do prefer her over Marina.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thank you. :bow:

I must say they do look good. I'm surprised with the "truck driver", he actually looks much better with Zabijako. :thumbsup:

AGREE! I think she is a 'bigger' skater than Bazarova (not physically but in terms of expression). Their styles mesh a lot better.

Sky_fly20 is going to throw a fit. If you look closely, Victoria is not a small girl, they will have to be very careful with her costuming and hope that she has finished growing. Nikita looks just about adequate for her. More challenging lifts will need a lot more work.

No no don't you understand??? They are sky_fly's chosen. She is the perfect height for Nikita!

She is a fine height for Nikita, it's just she doesn't bend her knees enough for his deep knee bend.
He is also very agile, which makes her look a bit stiff in comparison.

This sums it up.

Alba

Record Breaker
AGREE! I think she is a 'bigger' skater than Bazarova (not physically but in terms of expression). Their styles mesh a lot better.

Yeah, you epressed that better. She is a "bigger" skater, that's why it doesn't look weird as it did with Vera.
I suppose it was a good thing for both Vera and him in the end.

No no don't you understand??? They are sky_fly's chosen. She is the perfect height for Nikita!

:biggrin:

Edge quality is not there. She is very stiff all around not just her upper body posture.

Despite Marina's words which we can see were all BULL, can this be because it's still early?

YLFan

Match Penalty
I thought it was good for how long they have been together. I think these splits are going to help Russia bc now they will have 3 real solid teams. Whereas before was really 2

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yeah, you epressed that better. She is a "bigger" skater, that's why it doesn't look weird as it did with Vera. I suppose it was a good thing for both Vera and him in the end. :biggrin: Despite Marina's words which we can see were all BULL, can this be because it's still early?

It is still early definitely. The way Marina was talking though.... Vika had these similar issues when she was with Ruslan though. It's funny how Sky Fly has been radio silent.....

Alba

Record Breaker
It is still early definitely. The way Marina was talking though.... Vika had these similar issues when she was with Ruslan though.

I'm honest, I din't noticed that so much with Ruslan. I'm starting to be worried about Elena now with him. :slink::think:

It's funny how Sky Fly has been radio silent.....

I wouldn't count on that. For her is suffice that they are pretty and blonde. :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm honest, I din't noticed that so much with Ruslan. I'm starting to be worried about Elena now with him. :slink::think:
I wouldn't count on that. For her is suffice that they are pretty and blonde. :laugh:
When they are scored badly skyfly can always say they are undermarked because of unfair reputation among the judges and badmouthing from the Elena's side. :popcorn:

Anyways I hope Elena and Rusland can do better than that, since Elena has the better agility and elegant moves on her upper body, could be good influence on Ruslan.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I'm honest, I din't noticed that so much with Ruslan. I'm starting to be worried about Elena now with him. :slink::think: I wouldn't count on that. For her is suffice that they are pretty and blonde. :laugh:

I think Elena will be fine with Ruslan. He has great line and can match her personality. IMHO he was the better half of S/Z.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think Elena will be fine with Ruslan. He has great line and can match her personality. IMHO he was the better half of S/Z.

I really hope so. :)

I must say now that although I'm very curious to see how is it going with them, I prefer to watch them when their programs are done and ready for competition.

..... I prefer to watch them when their programs are done and ready for competition.

I totes agree! :) I didn't realize that I'd feel this way, but tbh seeing an exhibition performance is like a tease - you get to see them on the ice but don't really get a good idea of how they'll really be together in a competitive program or what they're capable of...

Guess we'll just have to wait for practice videos and the season to begin in the fall.... *sigh*

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Guess we'll just have to wait for practice videos and the season to begin in the fall.... *sigh*

Is it really necassary to point that out? :cry: :p

Re: The video. Meh but as pointed out, it's still early. Plenty of time to learn and execute the little nuances of a new program. I didnt sense chemistry though and that isn't always learned. With the status of the two pairs involved expectations are going to be high. Maybe unfairly so. :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
At least Lena and Ruslan's new coach doesn't say "they are the fastest team in the world" or "their eyes are beautiful" which I don't get it has anything to do with their skating.

That's why I can only acknowledge S/K as a good team if they were truly the fastest in the world. :p

As for I/Z, no one knows if they can turn out well but at least there is no super standard for us to expect. :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
At least Lena and Ruslan's new coach doesn't say "they are the fastest team in the world" or "their eyes are beautiful" which I don't get it has anything to do with their skating.

I agree. :thumbsup:
There is a huge difference between what their coaches said, which I think was realistic, compared with the pathetic PR attempt about Russian soul and blue eyes from Zueva.

Vaitsekhovskaya reports from Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's practice: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...pov-Zabijako-Larionov-Bazarova-Deputat/page33

"Svetlana Alexeeva notes that they understandably lack unison at the moment, that the new training regimen is tough for Elena after the rather lax one she had in Novogorsk. Says that the skaters try doing lifts, for now only on the floor, that they are going to discuss ideas for the future programs with choreographer in the next couple of days (doesn't provide a name, only hints that he recently came back to Moscow). On the plus side, Vaitsekhovskaya notes they have similar manner of skating, have already tried skating pasodoble, and it went really well."

and this: "Elena and Ruslan have similar skating style, and it was easy to achieve accurate legwork in closed positions very quickly - the skaters did several laps of pasodoble, I personally didn’t think that it would be so precise, fast and on good edges.
You can see they have to control each other, but not overly so. That’s what was the most impressive I would say. That even as ‘raw’ as it is, it is still worth attention."

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I agree. :thumbsup:
There is a huge difference between what their coaches said, which I think was realistic, compared with the pathetic PR attempt about Russian soul and blue eyes from Zueva.

Vaitsekhovskaya reports from Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's practice: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...pov-Zabijako-Larionov-Bazarova-Deputat/page33

"Svetlana Alexeeva notes that they understandably lack unison at the moment, that the new training regimen is tough for Elena after the rather lax one she had in Novogorsk. Says that the skaters try doing lifts, for now only on the floor, that they are going to discuss ideas for the future programs with choreographer in the next couple of days (doesn't provide a name, only hints that he recently came back to Moscow). On the plus side, Vaitsekhovskaya notes they have similar manner of skating, have already tried skating pasodoble, and it went really well."

and this: "Elena and Ruslan have similar skating style, and it was easy to achieve accurate legwork in closed positions very quickly - the skaters did several laps of pasodoble, I personally didn’t think that it would be so precise, fast and on good edges.
You can see they have to control each other, but not overly so. That’s what was the most impressive I would say. That even as ‘raw’ as it is, it is still worth attention."

The issues noted in Victoria's skating had been pointed out by others when the pairings were announced. Rostislav Sinitsyn, Nelli's coach, pointed out that Victoria has stiff knees and Alexeeva has said that the knees were a problem in the past. Sinitysn also pointed out that Victoria's beauty is pretty cold which might dull romantic programs. Her expression was something that K&A have tried to work on in the past, and Simonenko pointed out in his blog that she just prefers to be in the background, even in interviews (he said Ruslan usually had to do the talking).

Granted, it's not fair to compare them to Stepanova and Bukin, who have been together for a while and have been skating the same exhibition for over a year, but I found S/B to be much more entertaining. Stepanova has looked ungainly in the past but you can see that in dramatic programs, she can be very expressive in her movements whereas Sinitsina still needs to work on that.

That being said, the lines are nice and they are pretty to watch. I would avoid anything too romantic for now and just pick something that shows off their great lines. That exhibition was supposed to show "the soul of the pair". If that's the case, that is one empty soul...

Status
Not open for further replies.