Page 118 of 189 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Very classy and positive interview

Banned
    based from the interview, we can at least confirm Ilinykh is lazy and has work ethic issues ?
    EV: You were not motivated by a possible win?
    EI: After 2 Olympic medals? Not at all.
    also confirms how many sought out Nikita as the male attraction every female ice dancer in Russia wanted to skate with
    so maybe Elena is the weaker skater after all

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    based from the interview, we can at least confirm Ilinykh is lazy and has work ethic issues ?

also confirms how many sought out Nikita as the male attraction every female ice dancer in Russia wanted to skate with
    Elena is not the only skater who after getting Olympic medal would prefer to sit out the worlds. In fact, because she got two medals, she may have felt that she has done enough this season. Does it mean that she is lazy and has work ethic issues? Not at all. IT means that she may have been very, very emotionally and physically tired.

Saying that Elena is the weaker skater will not magically make it true. We saw the skating at worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

Saying that Elena is the weaker skater will not magically make it true. We saw the skating at worlds...
    And at every other competition ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Elena is not the only skater who after getting Olympic medal would prefer to sit out the worlds. In fact, because she got two medals, she may have felt that she has done enough this season. Does it mean that she is lazy and has work ethic issues? Not at all. IT means that she may have been very, very emotionally and physically tired.

based on her interview, Elena said Nikita stood out and every female skater wanted to skate with him
    I cant blame her, Nikita is gorgeous and very attractive man can't say about her current partner

Just throwing out a general caution to not feed the trolls.... randomly... for no reason...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Just throwing out a general caution to not feed the trolls.... randomly... for no reason...
    excuse me ????

EV: For how long were you skating together?
    EI: At first we were just training in the same group under Natalia Dubinskaya - as two single skaters. Then our mothers decided we should switch to the ice dance. Or at least try - Nikita's jumps were not particularly good. It happened just when Lobacheva/Averbukh opened their school.
    Nikita always stood out. Everyone were looking at him. He was great. Hence I had no hesitations whether to skate with him or not. That how it all began. I was not jumping anymore, but gliding, learning to skate with a partner... it was awesome.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

Context is a wonderful thing, she says she didn't want to skate because she had just found out Nikita was dumping her. They had already gained two Olympic medals, it's understandable why she would then have little motivation to skate with someone who was screwing her over behind her back, even if a World title was on the line. And she did compete anyway, and was foot perfect.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yup, and all I know is Elena did so well at worlds, if Nikita were as good as her, they could have been the gold medalists. Lol lol

Custom Title
    Elena is the one who does the right things at critical time and has the luck too. While Nikita, even though he looks attractive to many femal dancers, lacks something and the luck.

From my untrained eyes, I always think Elena is a better dancer. Maybe it is different for the professionals. When I watched their 2010 CD in junior world, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    Elena is the one who does the right things at critical time and has the luck too. While Nikita, even though he looks attractive to many femal dancers, lacks something and the luck. From my untrained eyes, I always think Elena is a better dancer. Maybe it is different for the professionals. When I watched their 2010 CD in junior world, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
    I agree, elena to me was the one who had the "it" factor in the team. She brought life to their skating and was a good balance with Nikita. I don't blame her for not wanting to skate at Worlds after hearing Nikita had a tryout with another skater. With all of that on her shoulders, she nailed it at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I think they did lie to her, they want her to compete at worlds and not to make any mistake, funny enough it's Nikita who made the mistakes that cost them gold.
    Beyond the fact that if one of them is going to be "sloppy" it's typically going to be him... Maybe just maybe his guilty conscious got in the way. - Probably wishful thinking on my part.

That was a really interesting interview though! I really like Lena from the interviews I've watched/read. I think that this one in particular was telling though. She was open and honest about things without being unnecessarily derogatory about her partnership with Nikita (though from what I can tell, she has every right to be).

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Back to the topic, any news about the progression of both pair? The Russia fed said okay to both of them already? Or... We still have to wait?

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Back to the topic, any news about the progression of both pair? The Russia fed said okay to both of them already? Or... We still have to wait?
    I think the Russian Skating Federation has until May 31st to approve the teams.

Custom Title
    We still wait. Marina said last week S/K are with her until May 12th, so I wonder if they go back to Russia then so the Fed can assess them? I/Z have already been visited by a Fed representative & he said he would be recommending that their partnership is approved, but of course at the last Federation meeting they voted not to approve the splits, so we're still waiting for that to be resolved... Everyone in Kustarova's group seems to be on a weeks vacation at the moment before they come back to start working on choreography.

Page 118 of 189 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 168 ... LastLast