Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 119 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Why are the commentators so biased? To claim that S/K are like "current Russian couple" "classical couple" is very unfair. It sounds like somebody paid this guy to praise them. So does that mean Russia was devoid of a "classical couple" for all this time?? What a load of bull! :scowl:

S/K can keep on looking in to each others eyes, they sound extremely self-centered from each interview they keep on giving. Very off-putting!

Tall, blue eyed blond, slavik features are probably considered the ideal of beauty in Russia. Lena is I think considered an exotic beauty.

I also sense that S/K have some very powerful backers behind them. Plus you have Trankov, Olympic Champion promoting them in the press. Oh lord I so long for the day when I/Z make them eat crow. Please, let this be the case. I have a feeling this pairing has been in the works for a long time. The unity Lena thought they had was just Nikta saying bye bye.

But otoh it could just be fed trying to prop them up as best they can given the loss in their investment when i/k split up. It may be also that i/z won't need this much pr as they may be actually more interesting and promising than s/k.

Alba

Record Breaker
“They are a current Russian couple, a classical couple…we didn‘t have such couple in Ice Dance for a very long time. Maybe in times of Navka & Kostomarov, who brought such image. Then Russian duets were a little bit different. I think that Marina Zueva makes turn them into the best world couple. They have everything for it. They look beautiful, they are young, they can live two – three Olympic cycles. I like them. They are cultured skaters. They skate in modern way. They were expressive, maybe they were chained a little bit, because it is the first performance. But there was seen a monumental potencial.“

Never heard so many BULL. :laugh:

elif

Medalist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxDwpmTUX9o
…video of S&K after a performance…they promised to look into their eyes for the whole program…Victoria says that looking into Nikita’s eyes she is lost and forgets about everything, about the audience, she says that she skated with pleasure with Nikita.
…Nikita says that it is too early to talk about some image, that some people may see their style from aside, but they themselves need to feel from inside their new style.
…Then I was really surprised with propaganda of one of the commentators (he comments even Russian Nationals I think) Alexei Vasiliev started to talk about a couple….let me translate his words about S&K as much as I can: “They are a current Russian couple, a classical couple…we didn‘t have such couple in Ice Dance for a very long time. Maybe in times of Navka & Kostomarov, who brought such image. Then Russian duets were a little bit different. I think that Marina Zueva makes turn them into the best world couple. They have everything for it. They look beautiful, they are young, they can live two – three Olympic cycles. I like them. They are cultured skaters. They skate in modern way. They were expressive, maybe they were chained a little bit, because it is the first performance. But there was seen a monumental potencial.“

''Most russian couple'' is copying Virtue/Moir's (American-Canadian) skating style :laugh: If this performance is expressive(!?) and they are most russian couple(!?) than I can safely say ''World is not turning'':laugh:

Sorry for Bobrova/Soloviev and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin. Looks like Federation discarded them for Sinitsina/Katsalapov.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sorry for Bobrova/Soloviev and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin. Looks like Federation discarded them for Sinitsina/Katsalapov.
I don't know about I/Z because we haven't seen them try out yet, but B/S with fairer hair should be the more Russian couple than anyone in Russian National if we are talking about ideal features of Russian.
If Russian Fed tried to discard B/S, a 4 times national champion and with many international medals, for the current S/K team, then Russian ice dancing is doomed. Lol

sisinka

Medalist
I also sense that S/K have some very powerful backers behind them. Plus you have Trankov, Olympic Champion promoting them in the press. Oh lord I so long for the day when I/Z make them eat crow. Please, let this be the case. I have a feeling this pairing has been in the works for a long time. The unity Lena thought they had was just Nikta saying bye bye.

But otoh it could just be fed trying to prop them up as best they can given the loss in their investment when i/k split up. It may be also that i/z won't need this much pr as they may be actually more interesting and promising than s/k.

There is a rumour that Tarasova already saw I&Z‘s Paso Doble and she liked it, also that Tarasova helps Averbukh in “global things“ (in choreo probably). But it is nor confirmed, just somebody wrote this at Russian Forum.

I guess that this propaganda for S&K is done to improve the whole image of new couple and also correct the overall idea of people who think that a couple didn’t behave well in time of split vacuum in past two months. Maybe those people want to show that a split was worst it and they wanted to show it even after such short time. Whether this is a work of Zueva or Russian Federation or somebody else…it is done in a very visible way and overacted too much. Less speed in superlatives would be more suitable. Such superlatives were not even used when any Russian dancers in last twenty years were preparing for the Olympic Games.

sisinka

Medalist
I don't know about I/Z because we haven't seen them try out yet, but B/S with fairer hair should be the more Russian couple than anyone in Russian National if we are talking about ideal features of Russian.

I would say that Katya Bobrova, Katya Riazanova, Alexandra Stepanova, Dima Soloviev, Kiril Khaliavin, Ivan Bukin have typical Russian face.

Lena doesn't have typical Russian face, she has some Kazakh's features. Ksenia Monko and Victoria don't look like typical Russian girls also. Ruslan and Nikita has more "international face", without knowing where are they from, you would hardly say.

bramweld

Record Breaker
There is a rumour that Tarasova already saw I&Z‘s Paso Doble and she liked it, also that Tarasova helps Averbukh in “global things“ (in choreo probably). But it is nor confirmed, just somebody wrote this at Russian Forum.

I guess that this propaganda for S&K is done to improve the whole image of new couple and also correct the overall idea of people who think that a couple didn’t behave well in time of split vacuum in past two months. Maybe those people want to show that a split was worst it and they wanted to show it even after such short time. Whether this is a work of Zueva or Russian Federation or somebody else…it is done in a very visible way and overacted too much. Less speed in superlatives would be more suitable. Such superlatives were not even used when any Russian dancers in last twenty years were preparing for the Olympic Games.

I agree with this. They are trying to clean up the mess created by S/K'S earlier actions. But the excessive use of superlatives does them no good.

elif

Medalist

No I don't think so. If they want to improve S/K's image this is worst possible way to do. -No offence to russians but- We all know classic russian style, you know: cheating (manipulating). :laugh: (Cup of Russia 2013) Mark my words. Their federation is working.:laugh:

cebi26

On the Ice
God we get it they have beautiful eyes, how many more times Zueva & Co are going to repeat that? :scowl:

bramweld

Record Breaker
As long as they are not the fastest team in the world, I suppose. ;)

Vika skating skills are so unmatched in comparison to Nikita's that even he has to acknowledge it. They have a big trump card in their beauty and soft expressiveness, so they've got to ride that all the way to the bank for now. One never knows how long it will take them to master closed dance holds with speed and twizzles according to the new rules. It is way too early for all this talk. It might be best for Katsalapov and Co. to stop pumping themselves up, otherwise they may receive a rude awakening come fall.

kauh888

Rinkside
I actually do think that all that romantic talk (thanks to Zueva as well) about V&M did hurt them a bit in the end, because they were stereotyped (thank you again Zueva).
I agree. Stereotyping is not a good thing. Definitely hurts rather than helps in my opinion most of the time. But on the other hand it is important to have distinct personal skating style that distinguishes the couple from others.

I know that a lot of people have been talking about how they feel S/K are being set up to be like V/M... Which I totally get and I can see it to a degree. (Personally, I think they just want them to have that very classic romantic connection on ice, which V/M and couples before have had.)

However, with comments some of the higher up Russians and Zueva have been making in their favor, I almost feel like they're wanting a Russian ice dance version of G&G (which I just feel is blasphemy to even be saying...but whatever).... They talk about how classically Russian they are, their connection, how they're going to be the best, their youth, and how they have multiple Olympic cycles that they could compete for Mother Russia...
I may be totally off on this one, but I just get this nagging feeling that they want that type of connection and success that G&G had more so than V/M

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
God we get it they have beautiful eyes, how many more times Zueva & Co are going to repeat that? :scowl:

Zueva reminds me of my mother. Mom firmly believed that if you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all. She also believed there was always something nice to say, if you used some ingenuity. Unfortunately, it was very easy to tell when she was struggling to have something good to say. "Always dresses well," or, "Has such nice children," was a clear sign she didn't think much of the person. "Has beautiful blue eyes," is right out of the same playbook.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Zueva reminds me of my mother. Mom firmly believed that if you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all. She also believed there was always something nice to say, if you used some ingenuity. Unfortunately, it was very easy to tell when she was struggling to have something good to say. "Always dresses well," or, "Has such nice children," was a clear sign she didn't think much of the person. "Has beautiful blue eyes," is right out of the same playbook.

Yup, sounds about right.

Zueva reminds me of my mother. .... "Has beautiful blue eyes," is right out of the same playbook.

Whoa! Thinking about things she's said about her teams in the past and different things....I'd have to agree. I'd never thought of it that way....granted I should have because I can be that way a lot too

Status
Not open for further replies.