Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
First of all, where did they stop communicating with them out of the blue. Your putting a lot into that. So what if they don't want to go into the media with their reasons. Doesn't mean they stopped talking to their partners out of the blue. Where exactly do you get that.

Like others have stated, their reasons are their private business, and I believe noone here is annoyed at Katsalapov and Sinitsina for not telling why they left their partners, but rather that they went all clandestine about it, and inconvenienced Ilinykh and Zhiganshin who could have started making plans and having tryouts earlier.

That the cutting of the communication was unexpected at least for Ilinykh, Zhiganshin and S/Z's coaches, is rather obvious from the interviews we were presented. Sisinka posted a very nice comprehensive analysis of this in her post on pg. 146. Once you've unexpectedly taken your belongings from a rink or come up to someone to tell them you're done with them, I really can't imagine keeping up the communication; that makes no sense to me. That's why I said it seems clear they stopped communicating with the former partners. My post was worded rather tentatively, and made it clear that I don't presume to know everything or am presenting anything but my opinion. No need to negate it as if I was stating facts.

Elena said that Nikita thanked her for their time together and said he wanted to leave.

Yes, that's quite sad that it had to be said by Elena. I was rather bemoaning his lack of public acknowledgement of Ilinykh, although it wasn't obvious from my post. Private person or not, they won medals including Olympic bronze together, and to my knowledge he never made any public remark, in interviews, instagram or anything else, where he would just say 'thanks for all we achieved, and good luck'. The well-wishes you cited apparently come from a fake account, as pointed out by other posters.

Anyway, since I don't feel like discussing more of the split itself because I've already said all I wanted to say, I'll just post both couples a wish: I wish that they each get just what they deserve. Whatever that is. :)

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I like how SK look together, but as for me their pair lacks some sexual energy and drive. It can be a problem for the pasodoble SD. Nikita was very careful with Victoria. Maybe it's just because they haven't got used to each other. They obviously have a potential, and of course this pair will be different to IK.

It's ok that on this stage of their development they remind someone (VM, PI), it's impossible to create a new style for the pair in such period of time. But this show-number looks light and fresh in comparison with typical russian overdrama. And it's difficult to judge the speed, because they skate in show-lights and we don't know the sizes of the rink and ofcourse they were very careful trying to make a good impression.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/lubimoefigurnoekatanie/622086.html

talks about from the charity gala show
how Sinitina / Katasalapov made an impressive with their beautiful pairing, attractive and one of the best Classical Russian Ice Dancers
on how at first many thought they would not like S/K who will train in America but then Zueva herself is a hypocrite

it will be an uphill battle for Ilinykh / Zhiganshin
it is unfortunate Elena did not beg Ivan Bukin to be her partner, with Zhiganshin they just cannot be successful also his looks is a big no

I feel a bit bad for Ilinykh, but then maybe Stepanova will grow further ? and finally release Bukin who is the only ideal partner for ilinykh

kauh888

Rinkside
Anyway, since I don't feel like discussing more of the split itself because I've already said all I wanted to say, I'll just post both couples a wish: I wish that they each get just what they deserve. Whatever that is. :)
Agreed! We will see soon just exactly what that is! ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Agreed! We will see soon just exactly what that is! ;)

I am not sure skating is all about looks; packaging is important for sure. Meryl Davis can be considered both beautiful easily and rather awkward too. Tessa virtue can be fresh faced beauty or rather bland - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. S and K are definitely attractive but whether they can skate who knows. As for Bukin doesn't he have health issues? Let's see what these new and developing teams can do on the ice - so much has been about off ice lol.

hanca

Record Breaker
how Sinitina / Katasalapov made an impressive with their beautiful pairing, attractive and one of the best Classical Russian Ice Dancers
on how at first many thought they would not like S/K who will train in America but then Zueva herself is a hypocrite

it is unfortunate Elena did not beg Ivan Bukin to be her partner, with Zhiganshin they just cannot be successful also his looks is a big no

I feel a bit bad for Ilinykh, but then maybe Stepanova will grow further ? and finally release Bukin who is the only ideal partner for ilinykh

Really? Do you want to tell us that you actually liked what S/K has shown at the gala? I would say that S/K skated much worse than Stepanova/Bukin and if S/K don't improve dramatically, they may miss out on Europeans/worlds this coming season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Really? Do you want to tell us that you actually liked what S/K has shown at the gala? I would say that S/K skated much worse than Stepanova/Bukin and if S/K don't improve dramatically, they may miss out on Europeans/worlds this coming season.

miss by who ? Stepanova / Bukin :laugh:

elif

Medalist
miss by who ? Stepanova / Bukin :laugh:

Yessss :laugh: Stepanova and Bukin looked better than Sinitsina/Katsalapov, and of course they can do amazing twizzles:laugh:

Plus one less lift in free dance which clearly more advantage for Stepanova/Bukin ;)

sisinka

Final Flight
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/lubimoefigurnoekatanie/622086.html

The author Anna Goriatcheva showed some nice photos, enjoy it. To look for something more in the text, I don’t know. The woman described that she started to like the couple because of their names….she simply liked their names…she didn’t see them even once and she already knew she would like them. She loves them because she loves people with such body buildings. Also she was surprised by people who reacted to “four beautiful blue eyes“.
(Yes, the author visibly didn’t catch what is skating and ISU judging system about, until now no 10 point for eyes.)…well, it is all funny…but not very professional text. :confused:

Bukin like the only one…Sky_Fly20, please, sit down and try to watch the video of Alexandra and Ivan from this show… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1m-a21l7o&feature=youtu.be …you can easily notice that Alexandra has similar technique like Ivan (if you start to talk about some difference in edges and knees, then you can believe that I watched this and their depths or not dephts of knees and edges is equal with each other)…but what is very visibly - Alexandra has more dynamic and sharp movements then Ivan…when you watch this program watching her only, you will get quite good opinion about a girl who catches the dynamics of music…while you will watch Ivan only for the whole program, you will get an opinion that he is more pale than music (frankly his presentation and dynamics remind of Victoria’s yesterday’s performance and she is criticised for the paleness). Of course this is gala only, I expect that Alexandra & Ivan will work a lot to improve their synchro, speed, edges, knee’s work and mainly presentation, there is still plenty of time. And of course I see that Ivan Bukin is a very good skater. But no way he is close to level of top 10 skaters from this years World Champs in terms of presentation. And don’t be angry of me but while we are talking about senior skating, I expect male dancers to be not only good technicians (trying to reach top 7 I expect great Skating Skills), but I also expect a strong presentation. Ivan is very good technician, but presentation is something what I don’t see in him at all, he skates, NOT DANCES. Also his presentation of Alexandra is one of the poorest what I can see in today’s Ice Dance talking top 15 even at Europeans Champs.

Tangoer

Spectator
I am not sure skating is all about looks; packaging is important for sure. Meryl Davis can be considered both beautiful easily and rather awkward too. Tessa virtue can be fresh faced beauty or rather bland - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. S and K are definitely attractive but whether they can skate who knows. As for Bukin doesn't he have health issues? Let's see what these new and developing teams can do on the ice - so much has been about off ice lol.

Couldn't agree more...for me Victoria is a pretty but common looking girl whereas Elena is a rare, stunning beauty. But as long as you are not "butt ugly" and you have a good look together with your partner (very different forms of this) you will go as far as your skating skills and country name will take you. I just wish Nikita was not clearly that much better than Victoria, I like rooting for Russian teams but this one leaves me wanting more...maybe that will change over the season. Excited to see how Elena and Ruslan come along as well, and what B/S bring to the table for this season!

kauh888

Rinkside
You know what's a big no? Messing up twizzles and negating the element entirely. Did Nikita's looks save him then? :rolleye:
:agree:

Couldn't agree more...for me Victoria is a pretty but common looking girl whereas Elena is a rare, stunning beauty. But as long as you are not "butt ugly" and you have a good look together with your partner (very different forms of this) you will go as far as your skating skills and country name will take you.
I agree with both. Beauty is so subjective and everyone can have a different opinion.
And I mean, I remember reading some very, very disparaging and downright cruel comments about Meryl Davis' looks (of course, there are opinions that say she is beautiful too; I personally think she is gorgeous in an especially exotic way), but look at her now - she's an olympic gold medalist!

Looks can make a good impression but you've got to back it up with skill.

Alba

Record Breaker
Packaging is important yes, but being beautitul is important to a certain point like if you are Elena and people can't take their eyes off her. :cool:

Having said that some of the greatest couple were not what you would call a beauty. Not ugly for sure but not wow or even pretty in some cases.

Torvill&Dean - She was not a beauty. Neither was he but he had a strong personality and you could see that in his skating.
Grishuk&Platov - Oskana was not a beauty too.
Bestemianova&Bukin - Both were not a beauty nor pretty. To some they were even scary.
Denkova&Staviski - She was not a beauty either
Duchesnays - She is not beauty
Meryl&Davis - I think she is like a doll and very fascinating but to some maybe she was not a beauty. For me he was not in this case.
Linichuk & Karponosov - He was not handsome for sure, on the contrary
Some would say Anissina was not beautiful. Personally I thought she was pretty.
Susanna rahkamo was not a beauty.
Delobel&Schoenfelder - She was not a beauty and he was ugly.
Finally I would also put Marina Klimova (my fav. ice dance couple of all time) as not a beauty, but they were beautiful together.

I think for example that Andrew Poje is very handsome but she is the one has my attention when skating.
The list could go on. :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
Bukin like the only one…Sky_Fly20, please, sit down and try to watch the video of Alexandra and Ivan from this show… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1m-a21l7o&feature=youtu.be …you can easily notice that Alexandra has similar technique like Ivan (if you start to talk about some difference in edges and knees, then you can believe that I watched this and their depths or not dephts of knees and edges is equal with each other)…but what is very visibly - Alexandra has more dynamic and sharp movements then Ivan…when you watch this program watching her only, you will get quite good opinion about a girl who catches the dynamics of music…while you will watch Ivan only for the whole program, you will get an opinion that he is more pale than music (frankly his presentation and dynamics remind of Victoria’s yesterday’s performance and she is criticised for the paleness). Of course this is gala only, I expect that Alexandra & Ivan will work a lot to improve their synchro, speed, edges, knee’s work and mainly presentation, there is still plenty of time. And of course I see that Ivan Bukin is a very good skater. But no way he is close to level of top 10 skaters from this years World Champs in terms of presentation. And don’t be angry of me but while we are talking about senior skating, I expect male dancers to be not only good technicians (trying to reach top 7 I expect great Skating Skills), but I also expect a strong presentation. Ivan is very good technician, but presentation is something what I don’t see in him at all, he skates, NOT DANCES. Also his presentation of Alexandra is one of the poorest what I can see in today’s Ice Dance talking top 15 even at Europeans Champs.

Are you really trying to talk about edges, deep knee bends, body movements etc. in short about skating, with skyfly? :rofl:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/lubimoefigurnoekatanie/622086.html talks about from the charity gala show how Sinitina / Katasalapov made an impressive with their beautiful pairing, attractive and one of the best Classical Russian Ice Dancers on how at first many thought they would not like S/K who will train in America but then Zueva herself is a hypocrite it will be an uphill battle for Ilinykh / Zhiganshin it is unfortunate Elena did not beg Ivan Bukin to be her partner, with Zhiganshin they just cannot be successful also his looks is a big no I feel a bit bad for Ilinykh, but then maybe Stepanova will grow further ? and finally release Bukin who is the only ideal partner for ilinykh

Do me a favor and explain to me in great detail how looks are worth more than skating skills and technique.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well the latest youtube offering is designed to show off just that, lots of close shots of their faces to try and hide the poor posturing and awkwardness. What I don't understand is why not go for something a little new or interesting, why court questions by going clearly in the V/M direction? If Vik is so clearly below his level in technique why do this? It still just baffles me. But enough said I do hope we get to see I/Z soon :popcorn:

Just for sky_fly20; the foundation of great ice dancing lies in the technique, the interior, intelligence, not the exterior. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.