Page 134 of 189 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Ah well, that I know. I was hoping in something bigger. I mean I know they don't do jumps but just hoping in something like a high hop, if I can say that, but maybe that would be more like a single jump.
    That wouldn't work. To make fast twizzles, you need speed. Take notice for example some couples are doing crossovers before the twizzles to get the speed. If you were doing a high hop, you would loose the speed on landing and the twizzle following that would be too slow, maybe even not lasting the needed amount of revolutions. (that's why some skaters if they plan doing jumps in combinations prefer the first jump to be lower and cover more distance, rather than higher and shorter).

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    That wouldn't work. To make fast twizzles, you need speed. Take notice for example some couples are doing crossovers before the twizzles to get the speed. If you were doing a high hop, you would loose the speed on landing and the twizzle following that would be too slow, maybe even not lasting the needed amount of revolutions. (that's why some skaters if they plan doing jumps in combinations prefer the first jump to be lower and cover more distance, rather than higher and shorter).
    Yep. That makes sense.

Custom Title
    Bobrova & Soloviev are regularly being asked about I&K’s split, it is quite funny how much are journalists interested in what they think about a split thing again and again. Not suprisingly both Katya and Dima were surprised (both with questions and split info), they think it is Lena and Nikita’s private thing and they are both concentrated on their practises mainly.

Looking at last Katya’s interview http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/712878 (where she was again asked about I&K’s split), she disclosed a program for next season – it will be Anna Karenina’s story with original soundtrack from movie which had a premier in 2012. So, we already know what is B&S‘s music and I am curious to know what music another couples chose.

With B&S choosing Anna Karenina, here we have another big epic Russian Drama on the ice. Overall music choices of B&S follow past Russian top dancers in typical Russian skating style which was known for great technique, mainly deep edges and a very expressive and dramatic style of dancing…Krylova & Ovsiannikov with Carmen and Masquerade, Navka & Kostomarov with Tosca and Carmen, Domnina & Shabalin with Polovetsian Dances, Masquerade, Spartacus. Always big drama on big scene which was hard to forget. B&S already used Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Tosca by Puccini, Carmina Burana, Walpurgis Night by Gounod, historically well known stories like Romeo and Juliet, past two years they came with unusual ideas in their dances keeping in touch with classical music. And now Karenina. So a classical Russian style with sometimes unusual and original ideas. If Zueva speaks about S&K having classical and Russian style, does it mean that she will push them in direction of Bobrova & Soloviev’s style?

Custom Title
    Averbukh is I&Z's choreographer. http://itar-tass.com/sport/1208277

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    Now I'm happy.

Now I'm happy.

he's an author of SZ's Norma. nothing interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    he's an author of SZ's Norma. nothing interesting
    He is the author of Yulia's program too. Very interesting.
    I guess he can make as good choreo as the skaters are.

Seriously though. I think Ilia is very talented. I've seen those russian shows and he did some very good choreo there.
    I hope he will be as much inspiring with I&Z as he was with Yulia this season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    now Averbukh's programs will be crap because too many skaters are going to him

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    now Averbukh's programs will be crap because too many skaters are going to him
    You're so predictable skyfly. A real treasure.

He is the author of Yulia's program too. Very interesting.
    Yulia's program is drowing heart - smth in the middle with nice spins - drowing heart
    or sad gaze - smth in the middle with nice spins (almost the same as in sp) - sad gaze.
    This schema cannot be applied in dances.

Yulia's program is drowing heart - smth in the middle with nice spins - drowing heart
    or sad gaze - smth in the middle with nice spins (almost the same as in sp) - sad gaze.

Custom Title
    The programs themselves are not so much great. Her SP beginning and ending are basically The RAD Ballet Primary Kite Dance(my daughter did it when she was 4).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Her SP beginning and ending are basically The RAD Ballet Primary Kite Dance(my daughter did it when she was 4).
    Are you sure she was as old as 4? She is quite behind then, isn't she? Why not say that she was 2 when she was doing something as easy as Julia's program (ballet version).

Custom Title
    I don't think Averbukh choreographed Norma. I checked this info in season too because I was very suprised how Averbukh choreographed program like Norma. This is not his style at all. Anyway ISU listed Elena Kustarova, Olga Riabinina as choreographers, not Averbukh.

I like Averbukh's style. I read a interview from him how he never like overly dramatic things, hysterical movements, labored gestures. This is what Elena Ilinykh needs. This is great news for me.

Page 134 of 189 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 184 ... LastLast