Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    who is hating ? I am pin pointing out what the Russian Federation sees from their point of view
    as I see it, the Russian Fed sees what S/K will have as advantage over I/Z

* Will be coached by an influential Ice dance coach
    * A very beautiful looking couple
    * Will have more room for improvements for technique, what room can I/Z have being coached by Kustaova and co ? aka the Grim reaper of Ice Dance

Beauty and Aesthetics is part of Ice dance
    Explain me than how did it happen that Russian Federatian supported Bestemianova, Usova, Grishuk and Khokhlova.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    who is hating ? I am pin pointing out what the Russian Federation sees from their point of view as I see it, the Russian Fed sees what S/K will have as advantage over I/Z * Will be coached by an influential Ice dance coach * A very beautiful looking couple * Will have more room for improvements for technique, what room can I/Z have being coached by Kustaova and co ? aka the Grim reaper of Ice Dance Beauty and Aesthetics is part of Ice dance
    Beauty may play a part but technique speaks for itself and Vika is no where near Nikita's level. And why do you feel the need to say bad things about Ruslan. Nikita and Victoria were the wrong ones in this situation and you say bad things about Elena and Ruslan all of the time. You post nothing but superficial comments and you are really starting to piss me off.

On the Ice
    this thread has turned into vitriol hate for rabid fanatics who spew hate on a beautiful promising fresh young couple
    on the notion that their previous partners were innocent victims and with the so called sympathy when we don't even know the 2 sides or even know why they broke up
    Eh ... but I just don't like blondes. Esp. blondes with blue eyes. #sorryNOTsorry. Maybe if they dyed their hair darker I'd find them less bland and vapid looking ...

Okay that was obviously just to troll skyfly, but I do still think from what we've seen S/K have a beautiful, soft yet bland/vapid look. I know it's new but their exhibition was a weird sort of paint by numbers of a V/M program, except they were just going through the motions. They both seemed pretty blank, and I get the impression they don't understand why they are making the expressions or the movements they're making. Just my 2 cents. I can't quite explain it but they remind me of the Mona Lisa without the mysterious smile.

Custom Title
    Shhh never take skyfly seriously. He/she will be first to leave Sinitsina/Katsalapov after fighting for bronze at russian nationals with Stepanova/Bukin. Remember ''headcase'' Sotnikova

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Shhh never take skyfly seriously. He/she will be first to leave Sinitsina/Katsalapov after fighting for bronze at russian nationals with Stepanova/Bukin. Remember ''headcase'' Sotnikova
    I know. It's starting to get to me. I would yell at Sky Fly for the Adelina comments as well. I lost my cool:( but I always wonder if skaters are secret board lurkers. I wouldn't want them to read half the stuff on here.

Custom Title
    * Will have more room for improvements for technique, what room can I/Z have being coached by Kustaova and co ? aka the Grim reaper of Ice Dance
    My dear, if you try to imagine the best technical couples on the world now looking at deep edges and knee work - it will be Virtue & Moir, Bobrova & Soloviev, Ilinykh, Zhiganshin, Katsalapov, and Sinitsina like the last one having less fluent knee action (in Vika's case I take into account her performances with Ruslan, not with Nikita where edges and knee were poor).
    All the rest world have less deep edges, worse knee work.

If you realise that Virtue & Moir were Zueva's students - good for her, but if you realise that she also coaches Shibutani who are fighting with edges and knee's work with difficulty and she also coached Davis & White whose edges were not deep and knee's work was not great - than it is a question whether V&M's technique is the result of enormous talent or if it was the result of Zueva's work.

Who coached Bobrova & Soloviev since childhood? Kustarova. Who coached Sinitsina & Zhiganshin since childhood? Kustarova. She also have Yanovskaya & Mozgov, who have a reputation of very good technicians. While she coached Monko & Khaliavin - they were taken like great technicians in juniors.

Who coached Ilinykh & Katsalapov? Zhulin gave them great basics and Morozov gave them a lot of ice, so their technique improved also (but I think that less than if they stayed with Zhulin). Also Zhulin coaches B&S for last two years - they still have deep edges and good knee's work.

If you would be looking for a coach with students having the best technique - it would work for Kustarova, not Zueva.

Custom Title
    First of all, I hope I&Z get the same financial support as S&K just to be fair.

But I'm curious what their fed thinks about them. As fans we maybe biased. Didn't an officer visit I&Z training a few weeks ago? What was their REAL thought? What are the thoughts from other experts, such as Tarasova? Why I&Z went on vacation if funding was not solved? Are they working hard to prove themselves? Did their fed see something and decide to promote SK and leave IZ alone?

I also speculate that K may have some strong backing or a strong PR team. That they can get away with this kind of split and not have to bear any consequence. They dumped I, Z (most unfairly treated), and Morozov, Z's coaches. When I/K dumped Zhulin, they had big backing too.

Banned
    Kustarova is a junior skaters coach, her students have a hard time transitioning into seniors
    doesn't mean great juniors you'll be great technicians in seniors

Custom Title
    This is chance for Kustarova and Zoueva to prove themselves. Zoueva had to prove she can create good team without Igor. Kustarova had to prove she can be also good presentation coach.

Custom Title
    Kustarova is a junior skaters coach, her students have a hard time transitioning into seniors
    doesn't mean great juniors you'll be great technicians in seniors
    Ruslan is blonde so you should at least be able to look at HIM favourably This myth of yours doesn't hold true for him. He has been dragging Victoria along for these last two seasons as her body has filled out. Did you notice how slowly Nikita had to go to ensure that her weaknesses were not visible. Victoria will be just fine though when she gets through this awkward period.

Do you realize how disappointing, especially technically the Shibs have been doing since 1) Igor left and 2) Maia filled out? It seems to me that Marina primarily has one good idea for every team she trains. Then she just hits the repeat button every year, this is why V/M were so bland at the OG. If I had been S/K I would have been more adventurous with my coaching choice. Marina can be good but she can be utterly safe and unimaginative at times. But no worries they are blond right?

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    All beauty notices are sometimes funny because...
    Thank you, yes!!! My point exactly! Like they're all attractive. I'm tired of hearing it as a reason as to how they're somehow better than someone else.

Rinkside
    Ditto. And, from a purely human perspective (as opposed to a more technical one), I think many people will be pulling for I/Z simply because they were the "wronged" ones and people will want to see them do well. From a PR standpoint, there's more ground to make up with S/K for that very reason, so I understand why there's so much more publicity thrown behind S/K: they have to make up for the nasty publicity resulting from the split, whereas people are likely to already be supportive of their former partners.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I know. It's starting to get to me. I would yell at Sky Fly for the Adelina comments as well. I lost my cool:( but I always wonder if skaters are secret board lurkers. I wouldn't want them to read half the stuff on here.
    Wow, just now?

Guys, I have this poster blocked for good reasons, and if you would all just stop quoting and replying to all his/her/its crazy none sense about being blonde and young and beautiful and hence fed funding, then my blocking would actually mean something

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, just now?

Guys, I have this poster blocked for good reasons, and if you would all just stop quoting and replying to all his/her/its crazy none sense about being blonde and young and beautiful and hence fed funding, then my blocking would actually mean something
    This. I see it only when you guys respond. Please don't feed the troll. Why can't sky_fly just post in the S/K fan fest? Why can't she/he/it be happy there?

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    This. I see it only when you guys respond. Please don't feed the troll. Why can't sky_fly just post in the S/K fan fest? Why can't she/he/it be happy there?
    I know. I always have this dream that Sky fly will engage in useful conversation like the rest of us.

Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast