Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2756

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

  1. #2521
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ncement-Thread

    There is a thread about Grand Prix assignment...
    Eligible for spots, but not guaranteed any:
    •Comeback teams (1-6 at Worlds, last 10 Worlds): Priority consideration for up to two spots. None known.
    •Split couples: (1-6 at Worlds, # of seasons unknown): consideration for up to two spots. Qualified from the last two seasons:
    - Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
    - Sinitsina/Katsalapov
    Chock & Bates immediately skated at two Grand Prix in their opening season together.
    Gilles & Poirier didn’t skate any major event in their first year, but next year they immediately got two Grand Prix.

  2. #2522
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    There are plenty of photos of him on Vasilisa Davankova's Instagram as well

    http://instagram.com/vdavankova
    Ohh thanks. They have great height difference, If they want to skate with each other. (Davankova and Mozgov) Mozgov looks very cool Puberty did something very good with him.

    Yavanovskaya is very lucky. Her height must be least 1.70m and still have good height difference with her partner.(Mozgov) She have picture with Elena in here:

    http://instagram.com/p/o37h73km_y/

  3. #2523
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Ohh thanks. They have great height difference, If they want to skate with each other. (Davankova and Mozgov) Mozgov looks very cool Puberty did something very good with him.

    Yavanovskaya is very lucky. Her height must be least 1.70m and still have good height difference with her partner.(Mozgov) She have picture with Elena in here:

    http://instagram.com/p/o37h73km_y/
    This is the JR worlds podium and Anna is actually quite a bit taller than Jean Luc Baker. http://instagram.com/p/lmKWWBoQSa/

    I think Mozgov has the potential to be a better partner than either Ruslan or Nikita. He just needs to extend a bit more and Kustarova needs to stop putting him in costumes that make him look like a truck driver. And if Zueva wanted a couple with chemistry, she should have taken Yanovskaya and Mozgov. Except their chemistry screams sex rather than love so maybe they were too R rated for her and she took the G rated version of Sinitsina and Katsalapov.

    http://cs619318.vk.me/v619318150/5b44/Xh1mTMukrYs.jpg

  4. #2524
    Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    2,300
    I really don't understand the Shibs tbh. What the hell are they doing with Zueva?

  5. #2525
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I really don't understand the Shibs tbh. What the hell are they doing with Zueva?
    Going to school, having a balanced life. I so wished they would have at least tried Angellica. Oh well...

  6. #2526
    Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Going to school, having a balanced life. I so wished they would have at least tried Angellica. Oh well...
    Angelica is good with tech. and Pasquale has great ideas as choreo. He would know what programs suits them.

  7. #2527
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    This is the JR worlds podium and Anna is actually quite a bit taller than Jean Luc Baker. http://instagram.com/p/lmKWWBoQSa/

    I think Mozgov has the potential to be a better partner than either Ruslan or Nikita. He just needs to extend a bit more and Kustarova needs to stop putting him in costumes that make him look like a truck driver. And if Zueva wanted a couple with chemistry, she should have taken Yanovskaya and Mozgov. Except their chemistry screams sex rather than love so maybe they were too R rated for her and she took the G rated version of Sinitsina and Katsalapov.

    http://cs619318.vk.me/v619318150/5b44/Xh1mTMukrYs.jpg
    Well, I never seriously thought about a comparison of Mozgov with other senior guys. I personally prefer to compare male dancers with each other in moment when they all skate in seniors, because overall opinion and image of a couple looks very different in juniors and seniors, many couples shine in juniors, but they go down at senior stage¨…so I think it is better to wait until they become seniors as well.

    I once again looked at Yanovskaya & Mozgov’s dances at Junior World Champs. I like their short dance a lot, they had the best presentation of the dance from all junior couples. They also have very good technique, deep edges, but sometimes a little stiff knee action. I would like to see an improvement in Sergei’s hand position, it doesn’t look elegant, but overall he is natural dancer inside, but he shouldn’t overact in face like Nikita, it is puting his naturalness down. Extension of free leg is sometimes a problem. Anna has shaky twizzles quite often, she needs to work on it. She improved since last season, in short dance she was very elegant. While I like their short dance I was dissapointed with the presentation in free dance. They used very powerful music for the second part of the dance, and althought a couple improved from every next competition, even at junior World Champs it was not equally expressed, it lacked the power and the dynamics in movements in comparison with music. I also prefer Anna’s posture and arm work much more in short dance than in free dance.

    Comparing Y&M with past Junior World Champions from Russia since 2010 (I&K, M&K, S&Z, S&B), they were quite comparable in short dance with them, but in free dance they were behind first three couples a lot, comparable with S&B’s FD. Taking into account today’s Russian senior male dancers, personally I would prefer Sergei over Ivan Bukin, but all Dima Soloviev, Ruslan Zhiganshin, Nikita Katsalapov and Kirill Khaliavin are better technicians and have better presentation. But of course Y&M are young and if they continue working hard than will improve.

    Right now I find it wise that Y&M stay in juniors, it would have no sense to finish around 6th place at Russian Nationals like S&B did this season. What I take like a possible disadvantage is Sergei’s heights. He is only 19 years old, but he is very tall and heavily build. Just looks at Nikita, Kirill or Dima how they were looking at the age of 19 and how they look now. Maybe he is not growing taller but he will be definitelly much more mascular and “big“ – which can be a problem for coordination and fast and dynamic moves. I remember Vitali Novikov.¨

    Yes, Sergei really looks like truck driver, but it is not thanks to his costumes…

  8. #2528
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    762
    Finally, a spot of class. Thank you Marina Someone realized rather quickly the rudeness of Katsalapov's latest remarks

    - Most likely for reasons of delicacy you refrain from discussing the theme: "Was the Nikita, parting with Elena Il'inykh."
    - I really liked this couple. Very. They had a great future. I always thought that they could be the main rivals Virtue / Moir, Davis / White. When I heard that they parted, I was shocked by it's strong enough. But more than anything I would not want to speak on this sensitive topic. I'm not this couple created, I did not smash. And then, you know ... Dance world consists of very sensitive, artistic and therefore very vulnerable people. I try to be careful in words. Hurt by a careless statement easily. But why? Lena Il'inykh I sincerely wish you good luck with your new partner. I'm sure that in the face of these two new, recently formed Russian team will receive pairs competition, which will play all of us only benefit.

    http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/717274

  9. #2529
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Finally, a spot of class. Thank you Marina Someone realized rather quickly the rudeness of Katsalapov's latest remarks

    - Most likely for reasons of delicacy you refrain from discussing the theme: "Was the Nikita, parting with Elena Il'inykh."
    - I really liked this couple. Very. They had a great future. I always thought that they could be the main rivals Virtue / Moir, Davis / White. When I heard that they parted, I was shocked by it's strong enough. But more than anything I would not want to speak on this sensitive topic. I'm not this couple created, I did not smash. And then, you know ... Dance world consists of very sensitive, artistic and therefore very vulnerable people. I try to be careful in words. Hurt by a careless statement easily. But why? Lena Il'inykh I sincerely wish you good luck with your new partner. I'm sure that in the face of these two new, recently formed Russian team will receive pairs competition, which will play all of us only benefit.

    http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/717274

  10. #2530
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Maybe he is not growing taller but he will be definitelly much more mascular and “big“ – which can be a problem for coordination and fast and dynamic moves. I remember Vitali Novikov.¨
    Hey, there was a competition started by Nikita, later responded by Ruslan how muscular they are actually. One moment I did even see Soloviev's shirtless pic, Clean-sure-deep edges, control, knee work, effortless skating.... Those things are unimportant

  11. #2531
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Going to school, having a balanced life. I so wished they would have at least tried Angellica. Oh well...
    I wish Elena and Ruslan tried Angelica.

  12. #2532
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I wish Elena and Ruslan tried Angelica.
    For choreography Averbukh is one of the best choice for any skater. I'm very happy with that. I wish they go to Igor (just for to see drama of Marina-Igor ) but Ilinykh/Zhiganshin needs someone like Kustarova to work from basics to made proper ice dance team. Ilinykh has very good skating skills (one of the best) but Zhiganshin not in her level. They need to work for that. I'm afraid Igor's first choice would be to hide this gap, not work to do right. Maybe they can change coaches later in their career.

    Krylova is good too (she is not going to choice hide than work) bu she also have Weaver/Poje, Hubbell/Donohue and Hawayek/Baker.

  13. #2533
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    762
    No longer worried about Lena and Rus. Look at who they are working with for the short dance Impressive...
    http://vk.com/figureskating_teamruss...24972370_44640 Antonio Najarro..they look pleased.

  14. #2534
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    No longer worried about Lena and Rus. Look at who they are working with for the short dance Impressive...
    http://vk.com/figureskating_teamruss...24972370_44640 Antonio..they look pleased.
    Paso Doble will be good for Elena and Anna, because they can get this passionate expression/feel effortlessly. For me Weaver and Bobrova too cute, (they are more waltz or finnstep kind of girls) Chock and Shibutani is too bland, no tension (yankee polka kind of girls) and Sinitsina is too cold for this kind of dance. After the waltz, latin, yankee polka and finnstep I really missed something passionate and dramatic.

  15. #2535
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Paso Doble will be good for Elena and Anna, because they can get this passionate expression/feel effortlessly. For me Weaver and Bobrova too cute, (they are more waltz or finnstep kind of girls) Chock and Shibutani is too bland, no tension (yankee polka kind of girls) and Sinitsina is too cold for this kind of dance. After the waltz, latin, yankee polka and finnstep I really missed something passionate and dramatic.
    Madison Chock is the furthest thing from a bland "Yankee polka kind of girl."

Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •