Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Opps I meant S/k. Thanks for the catch will edit.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    The only other option for the Shibs should they want to be able to commute to UofM is Igor, who I also think would be a better, not best, choice for the them. With the Shibs, there's other factors playing in - they're in college and their family is from Ann Arbor, so they want to stay close.
    But Bates/Chock are already coached by Igor though, and they are better than the Shibs ranking wise. With D/W gone, C/B and S/S will be contending for US national championship this year.

The Shibs and the Reeds are in a tough place concerning this whole S/K deal. Marina is a good coach - G/G, D/W, V/M, B/A... The list goes on. But the latter three all benefitted from having roots with Igor first. But results don't lie - Marina produces star teams, and holds a lot of influence with the US and Russian and some but not as much (considering the whole 'Marina wasn't fully in our corner' thing) in the Canadian fed...
    I think that the Shibs and Reeds could go to Platov or Carol Lane (For the Christopher Dean choreo - although I'm not sure whether he choreographs for all his students)
    But Platov has a great record with the Kerrs

Also remember that Marina didn't raise G and G - that was mainly Stanislas Zhuk (who also got majorly screwed over by Marina Zueva - history repeats itself)

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think that the Shibs and Reeds could go to Platov or Carol Lane (For the Christopher Dean choreo - although I'm not sure whether he choreographs for all his students)
    But Platov has a great record with the Kerrs

Also remember that Marina didn't raise G and G - that was mainly Stanislas Zhuk (who also got majorly screwed over by Marina Zueva - history repeats itself)
    Technically, I would not even call Zoueva G/G's coach. They already had all they needed in terms of technique -- she just did programs. So I do not think it is fair when people list them as her students.

And don't get me started on the Zhuk case -- her lies were just gross.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    The Shibs and the Reeds are in a tough place concerning this whole S/K deal. Marina is a good coach - G/G, D/W, V/M, B/A... The list goes on. But the latter three all benefitted from having roots with Igor first. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Personally I don't think Marina is a suitable coach for skaters who are building their skills from the scratches. Basic skills are not learn in just one summer.

Not to mention D/W and V/M all had roots from Igor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The Shibs don't need our pity. Seriously. They are intelligent and articulate folks who have their own thing going. And at this point, the Shibs still have a world medal and S/K and I/Z don't. They certainly have built a lovely brand via social media that will help them long after they skating careers are complete.
    Agree with Mrs. P.
    Plus the Shibutanis also had the benefit of training under Shpilband from 2006 until he left Canton.

Custom Title
    The Shibs and the Reeds are in a tough place concerning this whole S/K deal. Marina is a good coach - G/G, D/W, V/M, B/A... The list goes on. But the latter three all benefitted from having roots with Igor first. But results don't lie - Marina produces star teams, and holds a lot of influence with the US and Russian and some but not as much (considering the whole 'Marina wasn't fully in our corner' thing) in the Canadian fed...

I just worry how she'll be able to do two non-romantic paso doble sequences, one with a less than stellar team who switched straight to seniors and started to suck (cough Reeds cough). I feel like she hasn't known what to do with the Shibs since the 2011 season.

The only other option for the Shibs should they want to be able to commute to UofM is Igor, who I also think would be a better, not best, choice for the them. With the Shibs, there's other factors playing in - they're in college and their family is from Ann Arbor, so they want to stay close. But the Reeds could go anywhere, and Marina's going to be a terrible fit unless they want to go the incest-y way (yuck).
    Of those teams, only G/G and V/M had great basic skating and skating/ice dancing skills, so I'll speak my opinion on those two:
    Marina being a good coach is questionable and IMO, has yet to be proven, given all her top "students" learned their skills from someone else. Just read Gordeeva's book. G/G learned everything from Zhuk until she had him kicked out and took them from him. She had Igor kicked out of Canton, leaving her with V/M. And this is not her fault, but V/M learned their great basic skating and ice dancing skills from their long time coach in Canada who coached them till they were 14 I think. In fact, the first encounter V/M had with Marina was when they asked her to CHOREOGRAPH a junior program for them, not coach.

Now with regards to B/A & D/W, who are nowhere as talented in their skillset as V/M and G/G, Marina did a good job with packaging them. So I guess Marina has some value in that sense.

There have been programs done by siblings and non-siblings over the past decade and before that have been soft/emotional without being romantic. Kerrs, Faiella/Scali (they were not siblings and they were definitely not "sexy"), and various others managed to create great programs without being "incest-y". I think Shibs need a dance teacher, a new ice dance coach but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Technically, I would not even call Zoueva G/G's coach. They already had all they needed in terms of technique -- she just did programs. So I do not think it is fair when people list them as her students.

Exactly.

Custom Title
    I very very liked Averbukh's Flamenco OD from 2002. Antonio Najarro is very good choice too but....

Najarro worked with Pechalat/Bourzat (their wikipedia article), Weaver/Poje (youtube information) and Anissina/Peizerat (just I remember but I could be wrong) I liked feel/atmosphere of the his dances very much. Please correct me If those dances not done by him.

Pechalat/Bourzat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZPRencOHCw
    Aniisina/Peizerat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTyrTIopJMw
    Weaver/Poje
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV79oqHbX5Q

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post

What do you mean, her lies about Zhuk? I thought all the stuff Gordeeva says in the book is true?

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    LOL at anyone who suggests Chock and Weaver are bland or not passionate. I mean look at Weaver/Poje's SD from Sochi... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF2aNFluk9w
    I can totally see Weaver do Passp doble. I'm not so sure about Poje though. He is gorgeous but there is still something I can't quite figure about him. Weaver is the one I end up always looking in the end.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    As to why Marina isn't promoting the Shibs as much as S/K it makes perfect sense. The Shibs have a solid reputation in the U.S. already. They are already well-regarded by the fed. I mean you have folks like TSL accusing the Shibs of using politics to get their results and now I'm hearing that they're not being politicked enough. Which is it?
    I think people were referring to international judges when speaking about politics in this case.

"But I can write pages and pages about how bland Chock actually is."

Well if Chock has inspired such a strong reaction in you that you could "write pages and pages" then she can't be too awfully bland. In fact, she seems to have struck a nerve.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Madison Chock is the furthest thing from a bland "Yankee polka kind of girl."
    If you like, Bates can be bland. Chock has been dramatic, since she was a preteen. If anything,her emotional presence is too large for the arena, like Krylova's was in the day.

Custom Title
    Chock: dramatic, emotional. When do you see this? Which program, which moment in the program? ,

By the way humbaba Chock killed my cat as child, humiliated me in high school, stealed my boyfriend same time.... This is why I'm saying she is ''too bland''
    Actually I'm glad there is still peoples in the world who believe Chock and Bates can skate paso doble like other senior teams. I like peoples who are very optimistic.

go figure
    I tentatively agree with elif - not that Chock is bland, but for me she's been quite forgettable so far. I've only seen her in the last two seasons, and can only remember fragments of the Showbusiness SD (mostly her outfit though, to be frank), and that she danced in some sort of golden or spotted dress the season prior. Or maybe that was Madison Hubbell. I remember neither's programmes.
    Back on topic, I'm feeling the same way about Sinitsina so far. Ilinykh always stood out for me though, and I can recall much more from her programmes.
    Eh well, maybe this season will make me remember all four. :]

To me, it is night and day watching Chock (and Bates actually) live vs. on the computer screen. I've said this before, probably in the exact same words, but live they literally explode across the ice. Everything they do looks larger than life yet without having a fake or exaggerated quality. I was pretty much a hater of theirs until I saw them live and now I'm bordering on an uber.

Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast