Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
And where were your protests when an "anonymous Russian coach" started his/her own rumor via L'Equipe? I don't recall either of you saying Shame on that person then.

I agree with you. Shame on that person, too. Sometimes the Russians want to bad things for their champions for their teams etc. This is my experience. If that would be true what the anonymus Rusian coach said, why did s/he told to the L'Equipe???? Wanted a big controversy for own country again??? And with this rumour s/he probably deprived Russia of a medal...
The Russian sport journalism like the tabloids...****...

Nelli Zhiganshina:
"In Russia, a lot of bad politics is done by people who go to journalists and tell them bad stories about other people," she said. "They want to ruin skaters' careers to take profit for their own goals."

bramweld

Record Breaker
Some of these Russians are vindictive to a fault. They deprived THEIR country of a gold medal to suit their own agendas. C/L and W/P should write them out a blank check. If Nikita wasn't so distracted they may have handily become the world champions. And the one they desired to hurt the most was the one who stayed upright. Wow, just wow.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It makes no sense at all to be Zoueva-the only team she has here is the Shibs :laugh:

But it does make one wonder whether the Russian Fed was deliberately behind the L'Equipe story, in an unsuccessful attempt to rattle either V&M or D&W or both, and thus they suspect Zoueva knows, and will retaliate or has retaliated already. Perhaps the statement, in consequence, is a case of, "The wicked flee when no man pursueth." and the old saying, "The man who fears you are reading his mail, is the man most likely to steam open your correspondence."

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oops.

Katsalapov: 'We didn't even talked about it [possible splitting?] yet, so I don't know what we'll do next. Now I just want to rest, so I'll take at least five days off' :)

Source: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1084552

Edit: Oh, I just have read it again, and it looks like he's talking not about splitting, just about their future plans (training etc.) It's really hard to say since there's no asked question and only his 'answer'.

sisinka

Final Flight
She is completely senile these days, and has been for quite a few years. She single handedly butchered Mao's technique and skating, even if she came up with some occasionaly great programs for her (eg- 2010 Olympic season LP) and it took her years of post Tarasova to get back on track. She actually pushed hard in Russia for Bobrova & Soloviev to be Russian #1 for years, as opposed to I&K who have so much more talent and potential. The scary thing is she still carries huge clout in Russia and to a lesser degree the skating world.

That is not true, she always supported I&K saying that they have natural talent from God, they are brilliant etc., she was talking about it since 2010. While in 2010/11 season she criticised Soloviev for the same troubles like Nikita has all those years, she was sending Dima to psychologist during TV broadcast, saying that it is not normal to make such mistake. But she never criticised Nikita for having the same twizzle issues. And while this season she criticised B&S so much for having fall in FD saying that that is not acceptable to have number 1 doing such major mistake...what do you think that whole Russian Federation and Tarasova did after all those numerous mistakes, lost European and World title from I&K - they are quiet...or they say that it is such a shame...or they explain it with young age of I&K. So no, Tarasova was always prefering those more talented ones - I&K. She criticised them for laziness few times, but during this season she suddenly changed opinion. But she always pushed I&K and propagated them for a "talent from Gods".

But of course even Tarasova couldn't keep I&K not to loose levels and not to fall, so B&S were beating them easily and they were much more consistent couple, what is strange on it?

This season there were three competitions where Russian Federation put I&K into position of leaders of Russian Team...and what happened?...they were successfull at the Olympics with home advantage (without it they would probably loose Bronze medal to P&B)...but they failed twice and if judging would be correct, they would finish without medal at Europeans and around six place overall at World Champs after missed element in SD. So having I&K like leaders of Russian Team is like being on toboggan. You will not find another so inconsistent couple. And forgive me, but if somebody wants to be a leader for his country, this is much more responsibility and stress then being number 2...and I&K prove with their skating to everybody that they are not completely ready for this situation.

sisinka

Final Flight
Oops.

Katsalapov: 'We didn't even talked about it [possible splitting?] yet, so I don't know what we'll do next. Now I just want to rest, so I'll take at least five days off' :)

Source: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1084552

Edit: Oh, I just have read it again, and it looks like he's talking not about splitting, just about their future plans (training etc.) It's really hard to say since there's no asked question and only his 'answer'.

It was taken from different article - http://fsrussia.ru/news/1183_nikita-kacalapov-eto-samyj-tyazhelyj-start-v-nashej-zhizni/ where Nikita was asked about future plan, there was no straight question for splitting.

But the way Nikita's answers are strange all the time, for straight question about split from different article he say no comment and here he say that nothing is known yet, they it will be necessary to talk to coaches, he doesn't name Morozov, he doesn't give any certain answer to allow people answer the split question. If everything was OK, he would say that it is a rumour. So I tend to think that there are once again problems in couple and that once again he/they think about splitting. How it will end, that is a question.

Snow63

Record Breaker
It was taken from different article - http://fsrussia.ru/news/1183_nikita-kacalapov-eto-samyj-tyazhelyj-start-v-nashej-zhizni/ where Nikita was asked about future plan, there was no straight question for splitting.

But the way Nikita's answers are strange all the time, for straight question about split from different article he say no comment and here he say that nothing is known yet, they it will be necessary to talk to coaches, he doesn't name Morozov, he doesn't give any certain answer to allow people answer the split question. If everything was OK, he would say that it is a rumour. So I tend to think that there are once again problems in couple and that once again he/they think about splitting. How it will end, that is a question.

Well, yeah. It's strange. I wonder why everyone is so quite. Looks like the decision hasn't made yet. It's possible that they're not splitting though, since we don't have ANYTHING official at all.

P.S. And I think it's two different interviews. It's just similar question and almost the same answer. Don't know for sure though.

sisinka

Final Flight
V.Piseev said that I/K splitting is unacceptable and this situation 'will destroy' ice dancing in Russia. He also mentioned that this rumour was started by 'our rival' (Zueva?), And that it does not honor any media or a specific person who started it and still trying to promote this situation.

Source: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/159060383.html

Piseev said that for him it is not acceptable. As well as he expects that there is nobody who would support the split. He also said that it is not possible to break two from three top Russian couples.
Then he also mentioned that it is not a fair behaviour from the media and a person who wrote about it.

Meaning of his words for me is that Piseev is not happy that somebody wrote about it, and he is not for destroing two couples. But I see not words about a rumour and no deny the splitting. I agree with him that two couples is too much, if Nikita or Lena don't want to skate together, fine, but why to destroy another couple because of it. It is really a nonsense.
So my overall opinion is that Russian Federation must agree about the split and new couple start and Piseev says that he is against split of I&K and S&Z. But it probably means that I&K really want to split and it also cooperates with Nikita's strange behaviour and no comments to it yet. S&Z already said in some article that they know nothing about the split - probably in meaning that they want to stay together, because Ruslan's sister Nelli said that it was a shock and extremely hard situation for Ruslan to handle such info about Victoria leaving him.

sisinka

Final Flight
Well, yeah. It's strange. I wonder why everyone is so quite. Looks like the decision hasn't made yet. It's possible that they're not splitting though, since we don't have ANYTHING official at all.

I think that somebody from triangle Nikita/Lena/Morozov and maybe even somebody else didn't keep the secret and told it to somebody who told it to the press. So an article came sooner then Russian Federation was told what is going on. Maybe Nikita or Lena wanted to keep secret to concentrate at World Champs and then solve this situation with Tarasova and Federation's help. But somebody from media was faster. Alexander Gorshkov mentioned that he didn't get any letter, so it means that a couple who wants to split or new born couple must write a letter and ask officially for permission. So the info came out sooner that any letter was sent, it is logical, if Nikita/Lena/Morozov were planning it, it was much better to finish season and after World Champs to come with official letter and oficial announcement.

So there is a question if Nikita or Lena may come with oficial split info (if it is true, but so many things show to it), if a Russian Federation didn't say "yes" to it yet?

whatif

Medalist
V.Piseev said that I/K splitting is unacceptable and this situation 'will destroy' ice dancing in Russia. He also mentioned that this rumour was started by 'our rival' (Zueva?), And that it does not honor any media or a specific person who started it and still trying to promote this situation.

Source: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/159060383.html

The way it looks to me is that there will definitely be coaching changes for both I/K and S/Z and that's the cause of all of this. The Russian boards murmuring that it's Zoueva and Shpilband.

bramweld

Record Breaker
True, Sisinka. Nikita is one of three things; not very bright, highly mean spirited or a very insecure man. He was clearly the reason that they did not become world champions this year. So it is pure folly on his part to not quickly and clearly state that the rumours are unfounded. Unless of course as Pechalat was so eager to tell the world Nikita does really want to skate with someone else. However his plans were essentially squashed when Piseev said this would not be supported. So intuition tells me he is being purposely vague to let her squirm or see if something else can be worked out. Maybe his parents are persons of influence.

She is the more technically consistent in the pair and I think he cannot handle it. Further she has begun to really develop artistically. Their issues should never be allowed to fester like this in public but he seems to be either oblivious or he just doesn't care the effect it may have on her or them both. This is short sighted in my view and may come back to haunt him in the future. He lacks a sensitivity chip somewhere and it is clear to see now why she may have dumped him in the first place. Many couples have their rough moments but for pride's sake they would NEVER allow it to muddy their collective reputations like this. His behaviour borders on the disrespectful, not only to Elena but to the sport.

OTOH, to give Nikita the benefit of the doubt could it be that he really knows nothing? It would be best in that case for him to say absolutely nothing. But in which case the russian fed is just a complete hot mess.

Snow63

Record Breaker
So there is a question if Nikita or Lena may come with oficial split info (if it is true, but so many things show to it), if a Russian Federation didn't say "yes" to it yet?

Probably not. But does it mean that there will be no splitting if RuFed say 'no' to that? I'm not so sure.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The way it looks to me is that there will definitely be coaching changes for both I/K and S/Z and that's the cause of all of this. The Russian boards murmuring that it's Zoueva and Shpilband.

I think that is the case too. All Morozov's students seem to be leaving him. Even Dmitriev Jr is going to Mishin. So I have a feeling that coaching changes are ahead, but for whom and to whom, that is not clear yet.

Snow63

Record Breaker

I don't even know what to think about this.

Snow63

Record Breaker
And this rumour that Elena doesn't want to skate anymore.. I wonder if it's true. She's so young.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Considering the hot mess that exists in the Russian fed and the mistakes she made with regard to her personal choices, maybe she thinks its just become all too difficult to cope. For this reason I'd be okay with the split. Let them both get a clean slate and start over from scratch. But I see no valid reason to split up S/Z. Ruslan deserves a chance to succeed with his partner. The next best option is for them to start over with a much more professional and capable coach.

sisinka

Final Flight
True, Sisinka. Nikita is one of three things; not very bright, highly mean spirited or a very insecure man. He was clearly the reason that they did not become world champions this year. So it is pure folly on his part to not quickly and clearly state that the rumours are unfounded. Unless of course as Pechalat was so eager to tell the world Nikita does really want to skate with someone else. However his plans were essentially squashed when Piseev said this would not be supported. So intuition tells me he is being purposely vague to let her squirm or see if something else can be worked out. Maybe his parents are persons of influence.

She is the more technically consistent in the pair and I think he cannot handle it. Further she has begun to really develop artistically. Their issues should never be allowed to fester like this in public but he seems to be either oblivious or he just doesn't care the effect it may have on her or them both. This is short sighted in my view and may come back to haunt him in the future. He lacks a sensitivity chip somewhere and it is clear to see now why she may have dumped him in the first place. Many couples have their rough moments but for pride's sake they would NEVER allow it to muddy their collective reputations like this. His behaviour borders on the disrespectful, not only to Elena but to the sport.

Lena‘s behaviour in past one month is strange also. She loves quotes of different authors in her instagram page, and last months some people mentioned that she is pointing that the only man in her life is her brother, that she asks everybody to forgive her, that if a woman wants to change a life – she changes a hair, that people should forgive their friends because a God forgives the people etc. She also chose one of her black and white pictures with Nikita kissing her from this season’s SD and made a comment: “Like an old movie.“

So, frankly she is writing many things which lead people to an opinion that someting is going to happen in her life…and thanks to that info/rumour about split, it can be easily and logically explained. I don’t believe that in moment when a couple wants to split, that one or another have absolutely no idea, especially if we are talking about a couple who wanted to split so many times. We are talking about people who spend a half of every day together, they know each other, so she would certainly noticed if Nikita was “strange“ and he would certainly noticed that she was not in mood. Why she would write those strange comments in Instagram then? She had everything to be happy in that moment, but she obviously solved something.

I know Natalie’s comments about crying Lena (and I don’t think that Natalie was doing anything bad saying it, Lena was probably not crying on toilet but on some place where everybody saw her), but I don’t believe that Lena didn’t know that before. Lena was always crying quite often…after good skate, after bad skate, after loosing titles…so many times. Did she really started to cry and then came to Natalie and told her, that she cries for Nikita’s behaviour? Or did Lena cryied because they once again lost Gold Medal because of missed element in SD and Natalie saw it and because she knew about a split info she made a different explanation of it?

I don’t want to be too harsh to Nikita. If Lena is really screaming on the ice often, if she tends to lack of work ethic and have star behaviour…I am not surprised that he is looking for more calm harbour. We can notice that this couple is always connected with talent, but almost never with working ethic (one exception came from Tarasova), and they were never connected with great relationship on and off the ice, Lena says Nikita is great and Nikita says that Lena is great, but one thing is to say it and another thing is whether it is true. Nikita told already about two years ago that they are not fighting in the ice, that it is a waste of time, and this season Lena herself admits, that she is screaming and crying on the ice if she wants something? Frankly would you handle screaming and crying from your partner every second day? I guess that nor Lena either Nikita will never say true about their real off ice and during trainings relationships, but I wouldn’t put all the blame on Nikita only. If he really finds a new partner (I hope it will be somebody else then Sinitsina), we will see if he will improve in skating/dancing or if he will start to complain. The same we will see in Lena’s case, if a new partner (if she wants to continue) will be able to skate with her without any problems.

(From some old talks – Nikita‘s former partner Kabysheva, I heard that a couple split because it didn’t work together in skating terms, she was not good enought skater for him, while Lena’s ex partner Ivan Bukin – there were some personal problems, kids couldn’t stand each other like they couldn’t stand each other with Nikita for the first time. But of course there are much more mature now.)

I hope we will see soon what is really going on.
There is not much time…slowly there comes a time for thinking about new programs and music…so both coaches and skaters should know who they will be skating and working with. I don’t want to see once again that while Americans and Canadians are able to skate good looking programs in late August at competitions, Russian are in trouble to skate whole program without an interruption at the exhibition.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Elena may be more consistent than Nikita although she's the reason they lost Euros. But if the issue is that she's not willing to practice as much, it may be why he struggles with some things. Lack of practice is lack of practice especially with a partner. In terms of whose better I think she has more charisma, but I've heard many say he has better skating skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.