Page 181 of 189 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    While wearing Muppet fur!!
    Mille grazie Alba, you've made my day! :D

Custom Title
    http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net...7/gp_dance.pdf

Ilinykh/Zhiganshin:
    Cup of China and Rostelecom Cup
    Sinitsina/Katsalapov:
    Rostelecom Cup and NHK Trophy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post

Ilinykh/Zhiganshin:
    Sinitsina/Katsalapov:
    A showdown at CoR!

(Come on Lena and Ruslan!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post

Ilinykh/Zhiganshin:
    Sinitsina/Katsalapov:
    Entries for Grand Prix are interesting…like usual.
    Why are S&K listed at two Grand Prix events when Zueva noticed that they plan only one?
    If it is true, it will be interesting which one. Home advantage (and also Russian Fed on their side at home) or event where they will avoid I&Z?
    With two Grand Prix events S&K have a chance to meet all their rivals for medal at Russian Nationals.
    I&Z will start at Cup of China, so no home advantage.
    I&Z’s second start will be at home BUT….Russian Fed looks to support more S&K and Tarasova looks to love Bukin, so I quess that this will be a tough event for I&Z despite the fact that they will skate home Russian Fes will probably try to influence judges to give higher marks to S&K and S&B.

Custom Title
    Russian Federation gave Ilinykh/Zhiganshin two spot and one of them is CoR. I thought they will only send I/Z to some senior B while they will give all the GP spots and home advantage to Sinitsina/Katsalapov. Why not?

Go Elena and Ruslan!

Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Entries for Grand Prix are interesting…like usual.
    Why are S&K listed at two Grand Prix events when Zueva noticed that they plan only one?
    If it is true, it will be interesting which one. Home advantage (and also Russian Fed on their side at home) or event where they will avoid I&Z?
    With two Grand Prix events S&K have a chance to meet all their rivals for medal at Russian Nationals.
    I&Z will start at Cup of China, so no home advantage.
    I&Z’s second start will be at home BUT….Russian Fed looks to support more S&K and Tarasova looks to love Bukin, so I quess that this will be a tough event for I&Z despite the fact that they will skate home Russian Fes will probably try to influence judges to give higher marks to S&K and S&B.
    I think that is good russian federation did pick Stepanova/Bukin and Sinitsina/Katsalapov same event before nationals. Both teams skated same gala couple of weeks ago and I can tell you there will be big battle for last russian spot on the team between S/K and S/B. Of course I'm fully behing Stepanova/Bukin.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Sentimental Saturday: 2010 Rostelecom Cup

http://cs617329.vk.me/v617329067/d44d/8v08zeSagIs.jpg

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Sentimental Saturday: 2010 Rostelecom Cup

http://cs617329.vk.me/v617329067/d44d/8v08zeSagIs.jpg
    Sam! It's not kind to hurt our wounded spirits with the likes of old Elena/Nikita pics, haha. :P But really, as excited as I am to see the battle begin between all of these exes, I'm still a little upset that a split happened at all. Hopefully we get at least one team from this split that will have made it worth it (in terms of selfish viewer enjoyment purposes).

go figure
    The CoR looks like it's going to be a battle of nerves.

Medalist
    What actually annoys me in all this , is the way, some russian posters in russian forums,and most of the times,fans or 'friends' of certain groups try to create impressions and then take them around for a walk in english speaking forums as well.
    And the fact that some of them, try to create the impression of IZ being underdogs,thinking they can make it come true this way.It's been going around for a while now, and I guess it's not working. One could easily say IZ would get no events, and compete in some obscure Senior B like Elif said, given the way things are presented. And then , we all take a look at a training video, where these poor underdogs have almost mastered IK's signature lift in a couple of months, and do another one, and it's as if Zhiganshin is lifting a rag doll ( which drops the theory of heavy Ilinykh as well)
    Sometimes I wonder what this woman has done to those people over there to be something like the female version of poor Evgeny Plushenko for them.

And CoC, traditionally is something like CoR and even better for russian skaters, the whole contigeon is working for them. TAT's opinion, who really cares about TAT's opinion, she's the one complaining no one cares.She wanted Bukin in the team, she got SZ, maybe she wanted Ilinykh for Bukin again, a lot of maybes to be honest, but we really overestimate Tarasova's power. Yes, she's loud and she can be annoying and maybe it's good to have some drama and present I/Z as the poor underdogs and doubt if they will compete or not, start rumours, create gossip, spread it all around.
    The fact is, they still got two of the best events for Russian couples, so maybe, someone kind of believes in the guys.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    What actually annoys me in all this , is the way, some russian posters in russian forums,and most of the times,fans or 'friends' of certain groups try to create impressions and then take them around for a walk in english speaking forums as well.
    And the fact that some of them, try to create the impression of IZ being underdogs,thinking they can make it come true this way.It's been going around for a while now, and I guess it's not working. One could easily say IZ would get no events, and compete in some obscure Senior B like Elif said, given the way things are presented. And then , we all take a look at a training video, where these poor underdogs have almost mastered IK's signature lift in a couple of months, and do another one, and it's as if Zhiganshin is lifting a rag doll ( which drops the theory of heavy Ilinykh as well)
    Sometimes I wonder what this woman has done to those people over there to be something like the female version of poor Evgeny Plushenko for them.

And CoC, traditionally is something like CoR and even better for russian skaters, the whole contigeon is working for them. TAT's opinion, who really cares about TAT's opinion, she's the one complaining no one cares.She wanted Bukin in the team, she got SZ, maybe she wanted Ilinykh for Bukin again, a lot of maybes to be honest, but we really overestimate Tarasova's power. Yes, she's loud and she can be annoying and maybe it's good to have some drama and present I/Z as the poor underdogs and doubt if they will compete or not, start rumours, create gossip, spread it all around.
    The fact is, they still got two of the best events for Russian couples, so maybe, someone kind of believes in the guys.
    Its unpleasant yes, but I figure its just fans trying to defend S/K. Many, and I do mean many have really taken offence at how he and Vik handled their split. Also seeing how Lena and Rus have been progressing has irked some in their camp. I/Z have been very smart, they have not been promoting or praising themselves or each other in the press. I like their attitude. I could be wrong, but they may be the only new russian pairing we haven't seen on ice, yet.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    Gifted, talented, beautiful, strong character?

Custom Title
    It's actually IZ fans who are the biggest culprits of the whole world is against Elena trope. They complained that IZ were put in reserves when basically every new team was put in reserves. They complained that the lack of press coverage for IZ is viewed as the federation isn't supporting them, nevermind all the press coverage in April. Yanovskaya saying she missed Sinitsina is viewed as a sign that the whole Kustarova group was against Elena. Heck, the fact that Ruslan did the talking in that video instead of Elena is viewed by the IZ fan group admin that Elena is unhappy.

While SK have alot of support, the truth is IZ have been given money to pay for two top notch choreographers and two GP assignments when they could easily have been given to Zenkova and Sinitsyn. SK may be the chosen ones but money for Najarro, Averbukh, and Latvia isn't coming from Ruslan's and Maxim Kuyrdyukov's auto business.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    It's actually IZ fans who are the biggest culprits of the whole world is against Elena trope. They complained that IZ were put in reserves when basically every new team was put in reserves. They complained that the lack of press coverage for IZ is viewed as the federation isn't supporting them, nevermind all the press coverage in April. Yanovskaya saying she missed Sinitsina is viewed as a sign that the whole Kustarova group was against Elena. Heck, the fact that Ruslan did the talking in that video instead of Elena is viewed by the IZ fan group admin that Elena is unhappy.

While SK have alot of support, the truth is IZ have been given money to pay for two top notch choreographers and two GP assignments when they could easily have been given to Zenkova and Sinitsyn. SK may be the chosen ones but money for Najarro, Averbukh, and Latvia isn't coming from Ruslan's and Maxim Kuyrdyukov's auto business.
    Ouch, it sounds like everyone just needs to calm down a bit

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    While SK have alot of support, the truth is IZ have been given money to pay for two top notch choreographers and two GP assignments when they could easily have been given to Zenkova and Sinitsyn.
    I/Z (and S/K) were given preference for GP spots under the ISU's split couple rule, nothing to do with the Russian Federation, and Zenkova & Sinitsyn were not guaranteed anything because they haven't got the results to qualify for automatic places.

I would guess that the federation would have rather not had both teams facing each other at CoR (unlike your implication, I'm one of the numerous sane Lena fans who doesn't think the Fed is against them, they aren't going to bet everything on S/K when neither team has competed - maybe you should stop reading the hysterical ramblings of the teenies on FSO...), but as the GP fields for dance are down to 8, they had to use the host picks to be sure that both teams got 2 spots & a chance to get to GPF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    I/Z (and S/K) were given preference for GP spots under the ISU's split couple rule, nothing to do with the Russian Federation, and Zenkova & Sinitsyn were not guaranteed anything because they haven't got the results to qualify for automatic places.

I would guess that the federation would have rather not had both teams facing each other at CoR (unlike your implication, I'm one of the numerous sane Lena fans who doesn't think the Fed is against them, they aren't going to bet everything on S/K when neither team has competed - maybe you should stop reading the hysterical ramblings of the teenies on FSO...), but as the GP fields for dance are down to 8, they had to use the host picks to be sure that both teams got 2 spots & a chance to get to GPF.
    I tend to agree with this. While the Fed understandably has great respect for Zueva ultimately S/K will have to prove themselves on ice not paper.

Page 181 of 189 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast