Page 183 of 189 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Why? Zueva's bill is quite substantial and the fed is footing all of it. They need a return on that investment, so they have to poison the pool (ehem influence the judges that is) post haste. This is bizneez Also Kueva and S/K have been courting the press. I/Z and their team less so. I really hope that despite their modest team I/Z do great things. There is just this aura of complete ease, togetherness and self-confidence in their photos, that I sense we might be surprised as was Kustarova and Alexeeva by this team.

I also get the other place you're headed Sisinka, but at the end of the day Lena and Ruslan are no fools. I am sure they can sense the backing from the fed for S/K. However there is only so much you can pull a team in the face of something clearly superior. This may be why I/Z are playing it so low key. At the end of the day each pair will have their work cut out for them on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    On the whole Iz is an underdog and the bizarre rumors about them, it is definitely prevalent among Ilinykh fans, not just FSO teenies Post any photo and it turns into a pity party about how unloved Elena is. Like when Sotnikova wrote nice things to Sinitsina and Katsalapov, they somehow managed to come up with this notion that Vaitsekhovskaya would start writing bad things about Elena because Sotnikova, whom Vaitsekhovskaya likes, happened to like Sinitsina.

I'm not saying there aren't Ilinykh haters (there's definitely some), but I think her fans are beginning to rival some members of the Virtue and Moir fan club in terms of the ability to turn any bit of news into a vast conspiracy. It's funny reading the old Sinitsina/Zhiganshin fan group, which was mostly populated by Vika and Ruslan's relatives, friends, anyone affiliated with Kustarova, and die hard fans. Around worlds time, the IK fans invaded the group and were complaining that no one there would discuss the rumors and the admin pretty much had to tell the IK fans that the group doesn't do pity parties.
    I travel around five different Russian Forums about figure skating and people talk and criticise everybody and everything there, but there are also interesting comments – like at every skating forum. But I didn’t see any tendency you are describing there.

So you probably talk about Vkontakte groups of fans. I heard that there are many people who write how much hot and sexy skaters are, how much they love them….that is nice but far from figure skating talks…so I really don’t know whether it is wise to take anything from such vk groups here where people try to discuss figure skating sport both off and on the ice on the first place. I also know that groups of fans for I&K, S&K or I&Z are closed, so you have to be a member to get there. So you are a member of all those group when you know what exactly they are writing there and that it is written exactly by Ilinykh fans?

More people here and many people at those five Russian Figure Skating Forums think that Vika & Nikita are much more supported than Lena & Ruslan by Russian Fed and by media. And it is not definitelly based on the opinion of girls from Vk groups.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    (even TV person who clearly have a mission to hype S/K said their performance was not good) .
    Really? I had no idea about this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    I think that the whole subject about which one will be the better one from these 2 couples is just a part of the Russian advertising conspiration.
    Please, talk more about Weaver/Poje or Capellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates versus Shibutanis, Paul/Islam versus Gilles/Poirer.These are the teams that already showed their .
    Well, it is a topic about Elena and Nikita after all.
    As for the talent, Elena and Nikita are more talented and gifted than all those skaters. In my book of course.
    How would they do from now on, with different partners? We'll have to wait and see.

Custom Title
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20140709/757109129.html
    …Ilia Averbukh gave an interview about Lipnitskaya where he mentioned Lena and Ruslan and partly Vika and Nikita as well.

summing up is here...
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4289632

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20140709/757109129.html
    …Ilia Averbukh gave an interview about Lipnitskaya where he mentioned Lena and Ruslan and partly Vika and Nikita as well.

summing up is here...
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4289632

The theme for the free dance is the man/woman story
    That's good to know Ilia. I was afraid they would dance to a man&man story.

Custom Title
    Good to read Averbukh liked Najarro's choreography. Can't wait to see Najarro and Averbukh's works.

Custom Title
    No news...

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    I'm personally getting very excited for Russian test skates!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    No news...
    https://vk.com/club68627811
    There is a video from The Olympic Ball at the end of May (you must register to open it in new window or you can roll down and open the link in that front page at post from 31th of May). Figure skating award starts around 32 minute.

No official news from I&Z or S&K yet, only rumours, there was a speculation that I&Z can skate at Moulin Rouge, but it was not officially confirmed.

But I was surprised yesterday. I was watching some videos from The Ice Show and I looked at Shibutani’s number as well. It was good number and very very nice and interesting choreography and smooth interpretation by those two. What suprised me was the choreography. I would like to know in what time the number was created, because many moves were similar to choreography of Victoria and Nikita at Golden Age show at the end of May and stylisation of both couples were identical. Of course this is not Russian style so I expect that Marina Zueva promising typical Russian romantic couple will produce something different in S&K’s skating not copying Shib’s style of skating. S&K definitely need their own style. But Shibs are looking good in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aBPy9udvM …Maia & Alex
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3DYtWUFAM …Vika & Nikita

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    I'm personally getting very excited for Russian test skates!
    It depends whether the Test Skate will be open like it was between 2010 - 2013, or if the Russian Federation will continue (not very wisely) in closed ones. There are usually more test skates during summer, and there is almost always somebody from insiders who will write opinions about skaters, but it is always much better to see it on your own eyes. Also members from Russian Federation attend practises during summer from time to time and watch skaters (as to dancers I think they are already all in Moscow - Zhulin's group didn't come abroad this summer, Kustarova & Alexeeva & Riabinina's group is back as well, Svinik & Zhuk's training camp finished also as I know). Only S&K with Zueva are far to it, I suppose that Zueva wants to keep any info secret even in front of Russian Federation to give kids as much time as possible to prepare for Test Skate (if they will really come to Test Skate).

Custom Title
    The moulin rouge rumor was debunked by the wife of one of their off ice coaches

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    The moulin rouge rumor was debunked by the wife of one of their off ice coaches
    I didn't get that vibe anyway from Kustarova's first interview.

This season is gonna be pretty interesting. Shibs most recent work looks very engaging. They have simply come to accept that this style suits them best. Do we remember them in 2009, their JW FD to Cinema Paradiso was divine.

Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    https://vk.com/club68627811
    There is a video from The Olympic Ball at the end of May (you must register to open it in new window or you can roll down and open the link in that front page at post from 31th of May). Figure skating award starts around 32 minute.

No official news from I&Z or S&K yet, only rumours, there was a speculation that I&Z can skate at Moulin Rouge, but it was not officially confirmed.

But I was surprised yesterday. I was watching some videos from The Ice Show and I looked at Shibutani’s number as well. It was good number and very very nice and interesting choreography and smooth interpretation by those two. What suprised me was the choreography. I would like to know in what time the number was created, because many moves were similar to choreography of Victoria and Nikita at Golden Age show at the end of May and stylisation of both couples were identical. Of course this is not Russian style so I expect that Marina Zueva promising typical Russian romantic couple will produce something different in S&K’s skating not copying Shib’s style of skating. S&K definitely need their own style. But Shibs are looking good in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aBPy9udvM …Maia & Alex
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3DYtWUFAM …Vika & Nikita
    I think that there is a world of difference between Shibs and Vikt and Nikita but V/N are starting their team so I guess they only need time.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I think Sinitsina+Katsalopov are already ahead in many regards, actually. They are able to create better lines and have a very romantic capability. I suspect they will probably be quite a versatile couple too and that Sinitsina is living for this opportunity she has been given. The Shibutanis are surely going to be better technically at this point, but I doubt that will last for long. Wouldn't be surprised to see S+K quickly rise and win 2016 Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I think that there is a world of difference between Shibs and Vikt and Nikita but V/N are starting their team so I guess they only need time.
    I was talking about choreography and stylisation of those two programs, not about skaters themselves (blonde hair, long legs - of course this is not about Shibs). Those two programs were skated publicly during two months and many choreographic movements very used in both programs, plus stylisation to romantic style, plus piano used in music, which was surprising for me, because I expected that Zueva will create completely new style immediately. But of course it is only the beginning, so in future the couple will come with choreography on their own, I hope so.

Page 183 of 189 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast