Page 186 of 189 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

  1. #2776
    Yuzulia & Ruslena Team Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    4,097
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    They are her newly added team. They were at Spilband before. But I agree that she will concentrate on C/L - to show Spilband that they are hers now.
    I think Scali is working with them mainly, but of course the politics will be handled by her. I think that's the main reason they went to her, and Scali maybe.
    Zueva will concentrate on S&K, IMO, because they need to establish themselves in the top 10 (if not even top 5) ASAP. The NA's couples are not waiting for them.

  2. #2777
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    Alright so there isn't a real answer to these questions (yet) I guess ?
    Well I think no matter who has the better coach now or the better this and that - Will always be a shame about Ilinykh and Katsalapov to me..
    I understand that they both had big egos and wanted to shine and not be overshadowed or whatever - if they had thought with their heads and not their bellies(that's a german saying :D) they could have shone and excelled together.
    But let's see what happens. .. I'll be cheering for I/Z purely out of non- professional likeability (to me) :D
    They were both talented, bright people. But it was Katsalapov who decided he wanted the split. To be frank, Nikita just wanted a partner who would defer to him, with little or no objections. That's a hard thing to demand of someone when they are just as gifted if not more so. So his new pairing works for him, he prefers to be the clearly dominant partner or the partner in total control of things. This was a team that needed a firm coach that would insist on a true partnership of equals. IMHO they should have never left Zhulin. My feeling is that until their Olympic season, the only person who blossomed with Morozov was Nikita. Cest la vie.

  3. #2778
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think Scali is working with them mainly, but of course the politics will be handled by her. I think that's the main reason they went to her, and Scali maybe.
    Zueva will concentrate on S&K, IMO, because they need to establish themselves in the top 10 (if not even top 5) ASAP. The NA's couples are not waiting for them.
    Given what I've seen from the Shibs, they're not going to be waiting on any of these new pairs. If their ex is any indication I think they're planning to make a statement this season.

  4. #2779
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    344
    While I can understand that I/Z might prefer to stay in Russia as opposed to moving to another country, I would LOVE to see what someone like Krylova could do for them

  5. #2780
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    While I can understand that I/Z might prefer to stay in Russia as opposed to moving to another country, I would LOVE to see what someone like Krylova could do for them
    Same. If even just for choreography *sigh*

  6. #2781
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think Scali is working with them mainly, but of course the politics will be handled by her. I think that's the main reason they went to her, and Scali maybe.
    Zueva will concentrate on S&K, IMO, because they need to establish themselves in the top 10 (if not even top 5) ASAP. The NA's couples are not waiting for them.
    Capellini/Lanotte need to establish themselves for number 1 too. Imagine critiques If they are not on the top after european and world titles season before. Why they did leave Igor?

  7. #2782
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Capellini/Lanotte need to establish themselves for number 1 too. Imagine critiques If they are not on the top after european and world titles season before. Why they did leave Igor?
    They won both of these titles by the skin of their teeth and at Europeans because of a mistake by I/K. So both them and W/P and maybe B/S will be in a tight race for the top spot. I think they're just trying to stake a claim on that spot. In the current state of ice dancing there are no guarantees for any elite pair. Things are more open. Remember they were only fourth in the FD at the last worlds.

  8. #2783
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    They are her newly added team. They were at Spilband before. But I agree that she will concentrate on C/L - to show Spilband that they are hers now.
    I agree. I take a C&L’s jump to Zueva like a very tactic thing. Anna and Luca know very well that their titles were made with a huge good luck (which is not making their victory over their own nerves less valuable, but their main victory key was the fact that they were clean and others made mistakes). So if they want to keep a possibility for another world medal alive, they need to improve technically and suprise judges and fans with something interesting as well. And Zueva coached Olympic medalists 2014 (and she was one of two coaches of Olympic medalists in 2010 as well).

    For Anna and Luca there is not much sense to be coached by somebody else but Zueva, because her name judges appreciate the most and Zueva herself (not big number of specialists Scali including) was the reason why they came to her group in my opinion. But it is very positive for Zueva as well, if she wants to have any world medalists this season, Anna and Luca are those with the highest chances from all her students.

    Anna & Luca chose Dance Macabre, well, I was suprised with the choice, I take it like a difficult music to express, with lot of power, speed and big expressiveness needed. It would be hard even for couples who are naturally very expressive and dynamic. I am very curious what will the dance looks like. Of course there are expectations that reigning European and World Champions will come with difficult choreography also (much more difficult then last year when they were criticised for low speed, pooper edges, open skating and one-direction skating), I personally hope that they also improve in technique and will make their edges better. And using Dance Macabre – it will be very difficult to fulfill all of this. But why not to try? Very often winners were those who put everything on the table, not those careful ones.

    But having such demands for improving technique and difficulty in choreo and being more expressive…it needs a full coach’s attention, top coach’s attention – this is Zueva in her group. The result of Italians will show Zueva’s work. She got the best couple looking at results into her hands and it is mainly on her to help them not to loose positions.

    Btw I can’t imagine a situation that reigning European and World Champions will come to Zueva, who will teach them for five minutes and then send them for the rest of the day to Oleg and Massimo, because she has to teach other couples who need her work more!!!! - new couple (with no results yet) or Shibs (7th place at World Champs) or Reeds (18th place) or Aldridge & Eaton (17th place).

  9. #2784
    Custom Title Mattieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Anna & Luca chose Dance Macabre, well, I was suprised with the choice, I take it like a difficult music to express, with lot of power, speed and big expressiveness needed.

    ).
    Anna and Luca have no trouble on the expressiveness front, they are fabulous on presentation, it's just the technical from Anna that is weak.

  10. #2785
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree. I think the Federation is trying to treat both couples equally to give them chance to develop and show who will come on the top. Unfortunately some fans see in everything mistreatment of Elena/Ruslan. For example, Sinitsina-Katsalapov decided to train with Zueva whereas Elena-Ruslan decided to keep his coach. Fans are shouting how S/K are treated better (favouritism!!!) because their coach has better name and would probably be more expensive, but no one really knows why I/Z decided to stay with Ruslan's coaches and it is very likely that it was I/Z's decision. Hopefully they know what they are doing. in my opinion their coach may actually be better technician (considering how many junior world champions she brought up from nothing). Besides, they will be number 1 priority for their coach, whereas Zueva has also the Cappelini/Lanotte, and Shibutanis and plenty of other couples...
    Different people can see things differently, but from the beginning I never had an opinion that both couples were treated equally.

    The choice of coaches had nothing to do with a discussion which was here about Federation supporting more S&K than I&Z…
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post954953 …here I named the differences.

    IF Russian Federation would treat both couples equally than they would:
    1) confirmed both couples in one day in one article… in reality first confirmation in media for S&K was done in 19th of May, while I&Z were confirmed 5th of June…
    2) announced financial support for both couples… in reality that was a straight confirmation for S&K only, name of I&Z was never noticed…(yes, they can get support as well….maybe)…
    3) all skaters would be free to choose partners and come with new partnership…. in reality everybody was waiting for Nikita‘s decision who to skate with and until this time both Lena and Ruslan stayed in vacuum without having a chance to make their own decision
    4) media would get the same amount of news from both camps…. in reality interviews with quotes from Zueva and S&K got to number 20, while Kustarova’s group with I&Z did 8 interviews plus one article about practise from Vaitsekhovskaya.
    Since Olympic season 2014 all sportsmen’s interviews must come across the agreement of Russian Federation who can allow or delete what they want to, so their power over media is stronger than ever before.
    20 interviews for S&K agains 8 interviews for I&Z??? While I&Z are sitting in Moscow and S&K in US which is less gettable for Russian journalists? At least 10 interviews with S&K were done while the couple or coach were still in US or again in US, not during those days of exhibition in Moscow.

    But I hope that one day Russian Federation will stop influencing things in way they would prefer and really start to treat both couples equally.

  11. #2786
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    I'm sorry if I appear unknowing now, but please forgive me, since I'm not that well informed about Dance
    I would be very thankfull if someone took the time to answer this question :

    How on earth come that
    1) Nikita was the one to leave Elena and not the other way around?? 9 out of 10 times ( exeption are Euros2014) I've seen them miss out on points or a medal it was due to a mistake made by Nikita! He more often than not missed his twizzles, best example are worlds 2014. She never had any hard feelings because of that, supported him and so on ... I also think she was the one who brought Swan Lake to life, all the commentators on TV were just gushing over her expressiveness and posture and so on, not only in this programm.. Sinitsina always appeard more like a robot to me :/ So why ??

    2) Why does the federation favour S/K ?? It was stupid of both of these pairs to exchange partners, but to me Ruslan was the stronger one while he was with Sinitsina... and in the beginning nobody supported the split and since they are all aware that Katsalapov and partly Sinitsina caused it.. why are they being awarded for it?
    Why is Russia so in love with Nikita? Only category in which he is "Best in the world" to me are looks ?!

    So could maybe someone explain this to me ?
    I worry that even Nikita himself and Russian Federation would be in trouble to give you straight answers (hopefully at least they know answers for your questions in their minds)

    1) Nikita never explained why he left Lena…as to twizzles he was the one making mistakes most of time, as to lifts she was the one making mistakes most of time…

    2) I don’t know. Maybe because of Zueva. Russian Federation always dreamed about Zueva training their couple. Rumours say that from unknown reasons Federation expected that Zueva / Sphilband will work for free, because it would be a kind of “between Russians“ help, but in reality those coaches were very expensive and living in US is expensive as well, so getting some Russians students there appeared to be a pretty difficult thing. Finally Khoklova got into Zueva / Sphilband’s group but it didn’t last for long.

  12. #2787
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I do believe that it was completely I/Z's choice to stay with Kustarova. Ruslan is probably satisfied with continuing to have her as a coach and maybe Elena wants to try having a woman coach after Zhulin and Morozov. Perhaps, she wanted to have a new experience and see if having Kustarova would give a different perspective to their skating. Also, not everyone wants to leave Russia and go to the US which is very far away. By doing so, she would miss her friends and family. Sinitsina/Katsalapov were ok with that but not everyone wants to move so far away.
    Both Nikita and Lena mentioned in recent interviews that they worked with Kustarova when Morozov didn’t have time and that they both were very satisfied with the cooperation. As I remember Nikita said that Kustarova helped them with Polka. I think that even during Olympic season she helped them but I am not sure.
    Morozov was never very open in saying which specialists he asked for help and how much they helped.

    (From rumours from Russian Forum - Kustarova was one of Nikita's options as well, but then he changed to Zueva.)

  13. #2788
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    While I can understand that I/Z might prefer to stay in Russia as opposed to moving to another country, I would LOVE to see what someone like Krylova could do for them
    So do I but at this moment we have to believe that they know what they are doing.

  14. #2789
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    (From rumours from Russian Forum - Kustarova was one of Nikita's options as well, but then he changed to Zueva.)
    Well, he couldn't go very well to Kustarova, considering that he destroyed Kustarova's work of the last few years by splitting the highest Kustarova's couple!

  15. #2790
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Different people can see things differently, but from the beginning I never had an opinion that both couples were treated equally.

    The choice of coaches had nothing to do with a discussion which was here about Federation supporting more S&K than I&Z…
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post954953 …here I named the differences.

    IF Russian Federation would treat both couples equally than they would:


    1) confirmed both couples in one day in one article… in reality first confirmation in media for S&K was done in 19th of May, while I&Z were confirmed 5th of June…
    2) announced financial support for both couples… in reality that was a straight confirmation for S&K only, name of I&Z was never noticed…(yes, they can get support as well….maybe)…
    3) all skaters would be free to choose partners and come with new partnership…. in reality everybody was waiting for Nikita‘s decision who to skate with and until this time both Lena and Ruslan stayed in vacuum without having a chance to make their own decision
    4) media would get the same amount of news from both camps…. in reality interviews with quotes from Zueva and S&K got to number 20, while Kustarova’s group with I&Z did 8 interviews plus one article about practise from Vaitsekhovskaya.
    Since Olympic season 2014 all sportsmen’s interviews must come across the agreement of Russian Federation who can allow or delete what they want to, so their power over media is stronger than ever before.
    20 interviews for S&K agains 8 interviews for I&Z??? While I&Z are sitting in Moscow and S&K in US which is less gettable for Russian journalists? At least 10 interviews with S&K were done while the couple or coach were still in US or again in US, not during those days of exhibition in Moscow.

    But I hope that one day Russian Federation will stop influencing things in way they would prefer and really start to treat both couples equally.
    I am really sorry, but what's wrong here is not what the Russian Federation is saying but what you are interpreting! For example, the fact that S/K were announced in 19th of May, while I&Z were confirmed 5th of June…it can be caused by not the Federation favouring on couple, but bu I and Z not knowing what the heck is going on. Katsalapov was the one calling the shots, so neither Elena nor Ruslan knew if their partner is coming back, so it is understandable that they were in no hurry of announcing a new couple because they did not know what Sinistsina and Katsalapov's decision will be.

    The same with all your other points. It is not a sign that the Federation is favoring one couple. All it meant was that the I/Z were not the ones making the decisions and therefore they were always one step behind S/K. They couldn't make any plans if they didn't know what S/K's plans were while S/K had their try out.
    So whatever seems to be favoritism doesn't really mean much when they all meet at international competition with international judges. And trust me, the Russian Federation wants the results and they don't care who they come from, so they have no reason to push one couple to the detriment of the other couple. the chances are that they will let them fight with each other internationally, stand back, watch and support the stronger one.

Page 186 of 189 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •