Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Lena‘s behaviour in past one month is strange also. She loves quotes of different authors in her instagram page, and last months some people mentioned that she is pointing that the only man in her life is her brother, that she asks everybody to forgive her, that if a woman wants to change a life – she changes a hair, that people should forgive their friends because a God forgives the people etc. She also chose one of her black and white pictures with Nikita kissing her from this season’s SD and made a comment: “Like an old movie.“

So, frankly she is writing many things which lead people to an opinion that someting is going to happen in her life…and thanks to that info/rumour about split, it can be easily and logically explained. I don’t believe that in moment when a couple wants to split, that one or another have absolutely no idea, especially if we are talking about a couple who wanted to split so many times. We are talking about people who spend a half of every day together, they know each other, so she would certainly noticed if Nikita was “strange“ and he would certainly noticed that she was not in mood. Why she would write those strange comments in Instagram then? She had everything to be happy in that moment, but she obviously solved something.

I know Natalie’s comments about crying Lena (and I don’t think that Natalie was doing anything bad saying it, Lena was probably not crying on toilet but on some place where everybody saw her), but I don’t believe that Lena didn’t know that before. Lena was always crying quite often…after good skate, after bad skate, after loosing titles…so many times. Did she really started to cry and then came to Natalie and told her, that she cries for Nikita’s behaviour? Or did Lena cryied because they once again lost Gold Medal because of missed element in SD and Natalie saw it and because she knew about a split info she made a different explanation of it?

I don’t want to be too harsh to Nikita. If Lena is really screaming on the ice often, if she tends to lack of work ethic and have star behaviour…I am not surprised that he is looking for more calm harbour. We can notice that this couple is always connected with talent, but almost never with working ethic (one exception came from Tarasova), and they were never connected with great relationship on and off the ice, Lena says Nikita is great and Nikita says that Lena is great, but one thing is to say it and another thing is whether it is true. Nikita told already about two years ago that they are not fighting in the ice, that it is a waste of time, and this season Lena herself admits, that she is screaming and crying on the ice if she wants something? Frankly would you handle screaming and crying from your partner every second day? I guess that nor Lena either Nikita will never say true about their real off ice and during trainings relationships, but I wouldn’t put all the blame on Nikita only. If he really finds a new partner (I hope it will be somebody else then Sinitsina), we will see if he will improve in skating/dancing or if he will start to complain. The same we will see in Lena’s case, if a new partner (if she wants to continue) will be able to skate with her without any problems.

(From some old talks – Nikita‘s former partner Kabysheva, I heard that a couple split because it didn’t work together in skating terms, she was not good enought skater for him, while Lena’s ex partner Ivan Bukin – there were some personal problems, kids couldn’t stand each other like they couldn’t stand each other with Nikita for the first time. But of course there are much more mature now.)

I hope we will see soon what is really going on.
There is not much time…slowly there comes a time for thinking about new programs and music…so both coaches and skaters should know who they will be skating and working with. I don’t want to see once again that while Americans and Canadians are able to skate good looking programs in late August at competitions, Russian are in trouble to skate whole program without an interruption at the exhibition.

I wouldn't call it strange but sad. I think they are an incompatible pair. Lena has said before that they argue; they do not have a common language. She has also said that she cannot address an issue directly with Nikita. I think Lena probably surmises that many couples have their burdens to bear but this would just be theirs, so you bear down and cope the best you can. So I'm not saying she never knew about the possibility of a split but rather hoped that Nikita would choose to stay together for the sake of the product that they're able to put on the ice.

I think the biggest mistake she ever made was to get involved with Nikita. I think she is feeling the repercussions to this day. Hopefully their story will be a lesson to those looking on. I sense that their training environment is very toxic. As Zhulin has mentioned before, Lena is the more fragile emotional one hence her frequent tears. She has been like this even from junior worlds. This should have been a red flag for many looking on. I think the environment she is in led her, even though misguided, to seek comfort with Morozov.

But here are the cold hard facts as I see it. Could it be that yes Nikita has much greater stamina than her though less consistent, he needs to train more than her? So either he has to work alone at times while Elena considered lacking in artistry, needs to work alone more with a choreographer at times and also in the gym? These are fairly reasonable compromises. But if they don't have between them the communication skills to navigate their issues, then really it is in their best interests that they split. But another party (Ruslan) shouldn't be made to pay for the mistakes that they made.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Elena may be more consistent than Nikita although she's the reason they lost Euros. But if the issue is that she's not willing to practice as much, it may be why he struggles with some things. Lack of practice is lack of practice especially with a partner. In terms of whose better I think she has more charisma, but I've heard many say he has better skating skills.

Look again he was struggling TERRIBLY with his twizzles and objectively one could say he threw her off balance. At worlds and at EC, almost anywhere you can see that she has almost complete command over her twizzles. But here you have it they won neither of these competitions and who is or was at fault won't matter in the years to come.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lena‘s behaviour in past one month is strange also. She loves quotes of different authors in her instagram page, and last months some people mentioned that she is pointing that the only man in her life is her brother, that she asks everybody to forgive her, that if a woman wants to change a life – she changes a hair, that people should forgive their friends because a God forgives the people etc. She also chose one of her black and white pictures with Nikita kissing her from this season’s SD and made a comment: “Like an old movie."

Well they are dressed like 1920's style glamour so with a black and white filter I bet they looked like they were in an old movie! Not sure if that should be used as the example of turmoil!

hanca

Record Breaker
Elena may be more consistent than Nikita although she's the reason they lost Euros.

That's true, but then again, Nikita is the reason why they lost gold (and any other medal) at worlds! (at least with Elena's mistake they were able to get silver at Europeans, but with Nikita's mistake they were not able to medal at all!)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It may be as simple as this:

They don't like each other. They don't want to spend almost every day for the next 4 years together.

Frankly, judging only from what I've read about her diva conduct, I wouldn't want to be around her either... a guy's perspective.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It may be as simple as this:

They don't like each other. They don't want to spend almost every day for the next 4 years together.

Frankly, judging only from what I've read about her diva conduct, I wouldn't want to be around her either... a guy's perspective.

True. And if the same can be said about his own behaviour, in her eyes, then really why should she continue with him either? A woman's perspective..

She doesn't somehow give off a diva vibe, IMHO. She just seems matter of fact, maybe even aloof very cerebral. I don't sense that she trusts people easily. Her closest friends it would appear are outside of FS. For Nikita I think it is the opposite. Also one of the many reasons I think they are quite incompatible. Zhulin also hinted this about them. They are a very difficult pair to manage. They need a very astute coach or they should not be together.

Alba

Record Breaker
She is completely senile these days, and has been for quite a few years. She single handedly butchered Mao's technique and skating, even if she came up with some occasionaly great programs for her (eg- 2010 Olympic season LP) and it took her years of post Tarasova to get back on track.

But I think Mao continued to work with her. She choreo. the last LP programs and the 2012 SP for Mao?
I read an interview with Tarasova and she said that she advised Mao to find a new coach, or something like that, in Japan because she couldn't follow her full time, because she was very sick and her sister died or something?

Alba

Record Breaker
they were successfull at the Olympics with home advantage (without it they would probably loose Bronze medal to P&B).

I don't agree with that. They won the free at Worlds (imo they skated better in Sochi), and most probably would've won the title if not for the twizzles in SD.
Add to their total scores the STw (level 3 or 4 makes no difference) points they missed, and you'll have them winners by 3 or 5 points.
I think the judges really didn't like P&B FD so much, and loved I&K.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Probably not. But does it mean that there will be no splitting if RuFed say 'no' to that? I'm not so sure.

It is more complicated than to say yes or no to this.

I/K can split and there is nothing the Rus Fed can do about that. But the Rus Fed exercises almost complete control over who is/can be partnered. So the Rus Fed can ABSOLUTELY be saying to I/K and S/Z right now, you guys split if you want to, but if you split, believe you me we will NOT parter you together, K and S, and we haven't decided if we will place you with anyone at all.

So essentially, the fed can end their skating careers for them if they split, should they choose to do so.

The only way out of this for them would be to leave Russia and find a non Russian coach on their own dime. To say this is probably completely infeasible for them is an understatement.

Hey GS, do we have confirmation of anything? Or is it still speculation?

Nope. IMO one of 3 things is going on:

1. It is a total rumor and either Pechelat lied or else Lena was reacting to hearing the RUMOR, which she hadn't heard as it wasn't true and Nika didn't tell her as it was a rumor. I think the no comments could be consistent with this if Nika was afraid to say anything as he did know nothing and wondered if either the fed was splitting them or Lena was dumping him. It could also be that Nika was just sick of reporters hounding him after he viewed himself as answering their questions and so snapped no comment in annoyance.

I view this as 1/3 chance.

2. Nika did want to split but now is reconsidering given the backlash from the Fed and S's apparent reluctance to ditch her partner (from the interview she gave).

I view this as about 1/2 chance

3. They are going to split and are just waiting for the moment to make their statement.

I view this as low chance at this point.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
True. And if the same can be said about his own behaviour, in her eyes, then really why should she continue with him either? A woman's perspective..

She doesn't somehow give off a diva vibe, IMHO. She just seems matter of fact, maybe even aloof very cerebral. I don't sense that she trusts people easily. Her closest friends it would appear are outside of FS. For Nikita I think it is the opposite. Also one of the many reasons I think they are quite incompatible. Zhulin also hinted this about them. They are a very difficult pair to manage. They need a very astute coach or they should not be together.

Point conceded. He could be an ***.

I think it must be tough to be a dancer or pairs skater. What must it be like to be in a partnership and discover that you just don't like your partner very well? People grow and change over the course of time. I certainly don't have the same friends, the same interests... I'm not the same person... that I was 10 years ago.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't agree with that. They won the free at Worlds, and most probably would've won the title of not for the twizzle in SD.
I think the judges really didn't like P&B FD so much, and loved I&K.

Yeah people need to face facts that I/k would've won bronze anywhere and would be world champions right now if they had twizzles in sd.

Alba

Record Breaker
I really think something happened between her and Morozov.
Judging by her body language after the SD - she totally snubbed Morozov - I think her personal relationship with him is broken.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yeah people need to face facts that I/k would've won bronze anywhere and would be world champions right now if they had twizzles in sd.

Definitely so. The PCS show the judges clearly favored them over the other 3 teams, just as they had at the Olympics. Personally I find I&K overrated, they are better than Bobrova & Soloviev but there is still a definite Russian boost to their scores.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I really think something happened between her and Morozov.
Judging by her body language after the SD - she totally snubbed Morozov - I think her personal relationship with him is broken.

Skaters need to stop getting into personal relationships with Sleazezov.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I think it must be tough to be a dancer or pairs skater. What must it be like to be in a partnership and discover that you just don't like your partner very well? People grow and change over the course of time. I certainly don't have the same friends, the same interests... I'm not the same person... that I was 10 years ago.

lol you can suck it the hell up like grishuk and platov

Alba

Record Breaker
Skaters need to stop getting into personal relationships with Sleazezov.

Yeah. That's a huge mistake really. I don't know, I always had this rule in my life. Never get involved with someone you work, and never had one. It's trouble, most of the times.

True. :laugh:

ingofan1

Rinkside
I wonder why the rumors about I/K were not mentioned during the telecast. ABC always talked about backstage gossip. The Eurosport guys said that I/K would be on podium for many years to come during the exhibition.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oh, I get that partnerships have been successful without the members liking each other... I just said it would be hard. And I still think it would be.

I wonder if G/P ever wanted to split when they were eligible skaters... they certainly wasted no time once they hit the pro ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.