Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    That doesn't make sense. If Elena is in relationship with Morozov and Nikita decided to end the partnership, wouldn't Morozov want to coach Elena with her new partner, rather than Nikita? I can see only two explanations - either Elena dumped Morozov and as a result he refused to coach her and persuaded Nikita to skate with someone else, or Elena is pregnant (or has any other reason for not wanting to continue with skating) and therefore Morozov is ok with coaching Nikita with his new partner.
    Scenario 1 - PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!! Elena deserves a lot better than that... [insert own insult]!

Scenario 2 - PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    I have to say I couldn't understand Elena's choice. Morozombie over Nikita? Seriously I hope it weren't true.

Custom Title
    What the... ?!!! *shocked*

Custom Title
    This was long coming.

I wonder how this is going to affect their placement at this Worlds.

Custom Title
    This CANNOT BE TRUE!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    This was long coming.

I wonder how this is going to affect their placement at this Worlds.
    Yeah that is interesting to wonder. Will they even be respected as Russian #1 at this event or will the horrid Bobrova & Sloppov go back to being #1 immediately now.

I hope that is not true. I had the heart broken after Vancouver because of the Khokhlova/Novitski split. Now two splits at the same time! T.T Elena & Nikita can dominate until Pyeonchang and be Olympics champions. WHY?? WHY??

Custom Title
    What? I really like them. They are such great couple on ice. Two beautiful and talented people. What a lost for ice dancing :(

Custom Title
    It says something that I'm much more invested in the breakup of this team than I am with the breakup ("conscious uncoupling") of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin.

I've seen this team progress and at Sochi thought "this is going to be THE dominant team for the next quad, they will rule like Grishuk & Platov to 2018". And then ... too much to hope for. :(

Banned
    Imagine how wide open the world title will be for teams the next few years. No D&W, no V&M, no P&B, and now no I&K. It will truly be a free for all with 3, 4, or 5 teams thinking they can win, and others who probably cant win thinking they can medal. While I would be dissapointed with the I&K split, I admit I love that aspect that will come of it (the wide open competition in the coming years).

Custom Title
    They were a rocky unpredictable pair and really didn't work out most of the time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Imagine how wide open the world title will be for teams the next few years. No D&W, no V&M, no P&B, and now no I&K. It will truly be a free for all with 3, 4, or 5 teams thinking they can win, and others who probably cant win thinking they can medal. While I would be dissapointed with the I&K split, I admit I love that aspect that will come of it (the wide open competition in the coming years).
    ... and somewhere, Bobrova, Soloviev and Zhulin all just unclenched their jaws ...

If I could wave a magic wand and create the top 3 for the next quad, I would choose W/P, C/L and the Spaniards. But that's just me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I wonder whose choice it was. If it was Nikita's then he is crazy. Does he actually believe he will do better with Victoria S. than with Elena. Maybe he just cant stand putting up with Elena and Morozov anymore though. That is a tough combination of people to deal with 24/7.
    Maxim Trankov 2.0

Mukhortova = Ilinykh

Sinitsina is great dancer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    My guess would be that she dumped Morozov, he decided not to coach her any more, so Nikita will skate with with Sinitsina and coached by Morozov and Elena will skate with Zhigasnin and coached by whoever else. Let's the fight begin! (It would be nice if Elena and her new partner were coached by Igor).
    not going to happen
    Ruslan is too short for Elena

Custom Title
    If true then it's total madness. She is the most amazing female Ice Dancer in years apart from Tessa.

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast