Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I still say, the easiest way to put this to rest was to say "No, that's not true. We just won Olympic bronze and are at the top of our game!"

Why they hadn't outright denied it is why this is so :confused: to me.

Precisely!

Alba

Record Breaker
How can you orchestrate that someone else doesn't do their job on twizzles? She made sure he didn't have enough room? What a rubbish! Do you skate? Can you do twizzles? Because if you could, you would never write something so silly. Nikita was not supposed to stand there. He was supposed to finish the rotation and do sharp curve on the outside edge sideways, so that he can change the edge to inside edge and start rotating the second part of the twizzles. He either hit something on the ice, or lost his balance by getting too far back on the blade. In any case, the mistake on twizzles was only his. There was no way Elena could have orchestrated that, the same way you can't orchestrate whether tomorrow I will have a toothache.

:thumbsup:

On my viewing list, such a thing would replace "Scandal" for the intrigue, "Mad Men" for the costuming, and "Game of Thrones" for the violent content, all at once.
Why isn't this a thing yet?!?

I'm all for that. :popcorn: :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
I still say, the easiest way to put this to rest was to say "No, that's not true. We just won Olympic bronze and are at the top of our game!"

Why they hadn't outright denied it is why this is so :confused: to me.

Because there is truth in it. The only thing is, I think, they are all (FED included) trying to fix or solve something.

uhh

Medalist
Because there is truth in it. The only thing is, I think, they are all (FED included) trying to fix or solve something.

Agreed. I was wondering - Morozov is moving back to NJ, perhaps Elena didn't want to go to the USA full time & Morozov thought he'd try to take at least one of the team with him rather than let them both go elsewhere & see another coach get all the glory if they start winning things? And now everyone is scrambling to find a solution, either to convince I/K to stick with Morozov, or to find them a new coach.

So much doesn't add up. The federation says it knows nothing & would be very much against a split, but Vaitsekhovskaya says everyone knew & Morozov was acting like it's a done deal? And then there's no clear denial from I/K, but apart from after the disaster SD they looked very happy together and not at all like a team who are splitting because they can't stand each other.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Agreed. I was wondering - Morozov is moving back to NJ, perhaps Elena didn't want to go to the USA full time & Morozov thought he'd try to take at least one of the team with him rather than let them both go elsewhere & see another coach get all the glory if they start winning things? And now everyone is scrambling to find a solution, either to convince I/K to stick with Morozov, or to find them a new coach.

So much doesn't add up. The federation says it knows nothing & would be very much against a split, but Vaitsekhovskaya says everyone knew & Morozov was acting like it's a done deal? And then there's no clear denial from I/K, but apart from after the disaster SD they looked very happy together and not at all like a team who are splitting because they can't stand each other.

This tbh. They're touching and hugging all the time! Before dances, during dances :)laugh:), after their dances, kiss&cry, everywhere...
I'm not buying the rumour that they can't stand each other.

carey579

Spectator
This tbh. They're touching and hugging all the time! Before dances, during dances :)laugh:), after their dances, kiss&cry, everywhere...
I'm not buying the rumour that they can't stand each other.

Me neither. Aren't they a couple? I always thought they were a couple (always as in the last 6 months I've discovered Ice Dancing or Figure Skating in General). People saying Elena and Morozov are a thing - I'm like WTH!?! :scratch: Is it true?

I really REALLY REALLY hope this rumor is not true! They were going to be my new favourites after Meryl & Charlie retire. I mean they're sensational together both look wise and on ice. They are so the future champions and no one else.

If they are separating then there are larger forces BTS than meets the eye for sure!

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
always as in the last 6 months I've discovered Ice Dancing or Figure Skating in General

that's your key phrase - the first 6 months i watched figure skating, i thought all the pairs were dating too. the more you watch, the more you realize it's mostly just acting and people who make eye contact with each other

i/k do have better chemistry than most ice dance teams though

BlackPack

Medalist
Yes, and the more skating you watch as time goes by, you'll realize there are always musical chairs of love going around. This person dates this person, then another, then next, or maybe at the same time. It's a very close-knit community:biggrin:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes, and the more skating watch as time goes by, you'll realize there are always musical chairs of love going around. This person dates this person, then another, then next, or maybe at the same time. It's a very close-knit community:biggrin:

"Close-knit" nothing, it's practically incestuous!

anyanka

Record Breaker
you sound like hyperinflation now:laugh:

Shhhh, I'm just waiting for one of those skaters to inadvertently take a sneaky selfie of the morning after (ahem) and posting it somewhere on social media ... figure skating could use a good sex scandal right about now to really draw a crowd these days, at least to get a more lasting place in popular culture. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.