Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    That's horrible, horrible news. What the hell are they thinking? Why?

And who needs soap operas, when you have figure skating?

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    If true then it's total madness. She is the most amazing female Ice Dancer in years apart from Tessa.
    I thought Bobrova is better than her?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I thought Bobrova is better than her?
    If that "floats your boat" then that's fine with me

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    If that "floats your boat" then that's fine with me
    I don't mind much about who is better than who because in ice dance it's 2 people game, it's not only her who makes the team. But seriously, if she chose to become Mrs.Morozombine no.4, then I will be very disappointed. A big sigh.

Medalist
    Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do you start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just curious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kasik8222 View Post
    Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just courious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?
    You have such men singles skaters as oda and Weiss too.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    You have such men singles skaters as oda and Weiss too.
    Well for Oda it was a shotgun wedding.

Medalist
    Dmitri Soloviev is another one. Divorced already.

Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do you start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just courious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?
    She will soon be 20. I think it is worth remembering that to my knowledge this marriage thing is just speculation. If anyone has a link to anything resembling a credible source saying this, correct me.

In Russia, they do get married somewhat earlier than in the USA/Canada (making an assumption that that is where you are from) but not ridiculously so- in Russia the average age of a woman at first marriage is 23 or 24. vs around 27 in USA and 29 in Canada. Of courser this may vary by region and religious background in all countries- in southern USA the average age of marriage is lower, for example.

In all these places though some people do get married very young. And sometimes it works. And sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it works for a good long time but not forever. In any case it's a personal choice and really in an ultimate sense none of anyone's business but the person choosing to get married.

It is unclear to me in any case, if she is getting married to Mozo, why she couldn't continue on as she is, skating with him as her coach.

Custom Title
    Dmitri Soloviev is another one. Divorced already.
    Stolbova has something to say about that.

Rogue Leader
    Who did Morozov marry after Shae-Lynn? She was number 2, wasn't she? I don't get how female skaters keep falling for him, whether or not Elena is one of them. There has been quite a string.

Too bad for this couple. Makes Worlds more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Stolbova has something to say about that.
    He wasn't married to Stolbova; they're dating right now. He was married to another skater, Ekaterina Lobanova, who is the mother of their son.

Medalist
    Gordeeva, Kazakova and so on... Grushina and Goncharov are from Ukraine not from Russia but as far as I remember she was about 19. Divorced too. Getting married at "teen" it's not a good idea.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    He wasn't married to Stolbova; they're dating right now. He was married to another skater, Ekaterina Lobanova, who is the mother of their son.
    That was not the point. The original poster implied that since he is divorced, he is available. He is not.

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    That was not the point. The original poster implied that since he is divorced, he is available. He is not.
    I didn't get the implication from the OP. What I understood from the OP is there are examples of men single skaters who married during their careers.

Apologies if that was the incorrect interpretation.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-26-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast