Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaia16

Spectator
I personally think the main culprits are the Russian Federation and the lack of an ethics code regarding coach-student relationships (especially when the students are underage). There is no doubt in my mind they knew Morozov's history of getting involved with students and yet they just let it slide. I mean it's revolting to a certain point.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
sisinka only talks about what is going on on the ice, off ice, it was you guys that started all this, which part did she say was wrong? anyone care to point out? which part she said was impolite (toward IK), care to point out? Did she call your precious IK "toxic", "loser", "vain", "totally failure", even "disgusting" and "ugly" and "boring" and "crappy" and all the things you all throw at Bobrova/Soloviev or the Shibutani siblings or Alexandera Stepanova or Riazanova/Tkachenko? Did she?
You guys just don't make sense at all, only she does, that's why you hate her. I was once adviced that I should leave this thread because it was so insane, I did, but after all that you guys talked to sisinka, I'm sorry for not being able to hold my touge anymore. And now you started to talk about sisinka's personal life too? what do you know about her to talk about her like that?
now back on topic, it's just a rumor, which has already been around for more than one year, it has been everywhere on si many Russian thread/fan forum. I saw it 1 year ago on Navkastar.ru. and it still is there, it is just a rumor, leave them alone now, we should not discuss about IK's personal life (damn it Morozombie, you ruin everything)

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
I love the bird free dance, at least it makes sense, at least they are telling a story, at least they are acting. If Tarasova did not force them to change the music, it could be much better.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
Very funny, Zhulin also has the very same reputation, his 1st wife is his partner, his 2nd & 3rd are his students also. so sending anyone to Zhulin is a crime too? No, the RusFed thought that Morozov could help IK to reach the goal they want, that's why they called Morozov back to Russia to take IK, which part could the RusFed interfere in their personal lives? None! Funnier, they almost always trained in the US, If the whole relationship fails, this is their fault, why blame others for what they've done wrong?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I saw Morosov in one interview and he seemed like a "pig" if you know what I mean. The odds of this being the "right" relationship (Elena and him) is slim when you consider how many skaters he has gone through as his "perfect mate". The odds of another skater and that many is stastically baffling. But from an uneducated opinion - eew, ick, yuck. He probably gets self esteem out of dating a young pretty girl and she must have real issues or probably has real issues she is so pretty and talented she doesn't need a man lime Morosov to give h er a sense of worth.

sinaia16

Spectator
Very funny, Zhulin also has the very same reputation, his 1st wife is his partner, his 2nd & 3rd are his students also. so sending anyone to Zhulin is a crime too? No, the RusFed thought that Morozov could help IK to reach the goal they want, that's why they called Morozov back to Russia to take IK, which part could the RusFed interfere in their personal lives? None! Funnier, they almost always trained in the US, If the whole relationship fails, this is their fault, why blame others for what they've done wrong?

I agree that the Fed cannot interfere in the personal lives of coaches or students. HOWEVER, she was underage and you would think that the Fed could at least have pulled Morozov aside and given him some sort of warning regarding his conduct. Say what you will about Zhulin, but at least his students weren't underage (to my knowledge).

neraiselle

On the Ice

But Sisinka and other posters here are most baffled by the fact that Lena was underage when this started? Zhulin also immediately popped into my mind but I didn't think it involved minor... (correctly me if I'm wrong, I might have some holes in my memory in this). Anyway, I am not pleased about this I/K & Morozombie drama but since she is now an adult, it is up to her to decide and any consequence of this should also be borne by her.

neraiselle

On the Ice
I agree that the Fed cannot interfere in the personal lives of coaches or students. HOWEVER, she was underage and you would think that the Fed could at least have pulled Morozov aside and given him some sort of warning regarding his conduct. Say what you will about Zhulin, but at least his students weren't underage (to my knowledge).

We said almost the same thing at nearly the same time! :)

Panpie

On the Ice
I think discussing her parents here - and how they handle their own child - is way out of our business.
This is a discussion about Nikita, Elena and Morozov. I think we should leave the parents out of this.

Agreed. We don't know whether they may have tried to intervene. Even if they had, would they have been able to keep their daughter away fro Morosov? If Elena is headstrong, and Morosov is charming (in his oily way), probably not.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Again, guys, she was not underage IN RUSSIA. It just is not accurate. I viscerally do think Mozorov and the relationship are inappropriate on several levels, but to say she was underage is just not true, and your wishing it were true or feeling viscerally that she was too young, or it being true in your own country doesn't make it true here.

sinaia16

Spectator
Again, guys, she was not underage IN RUSSIA. It just is not accurate. I viscerally do think Mozorov and the relationship are inappropriate on several levels, but to say she was underage is just not true, and your wishing it were true or feeling viscerally that she was too young, or it being true in your own country doesn't make it true here.

Fine, but you cannot deny that a 35+ old man dating an under-20 year old girl will not raise some questions, especially in this day and age.

bramweld

Record Breaker
If Elena was or is in a relationship with Morozov she is not intellignt at all, I mean, even if she only is looking for sex, why Morozov?, there are a lot of men.

That's my point exactly, I don't think she is. I think she is desperately looking for love and acceptance in all the wrong places. Pechalat alluded to it before that within russian ice dance there is a lot of jealousy making normal relations difficult to find. Case in point look at the tape of the team medal ceremony, Bobrova completely ices out Elena. Nikita feeling sorry for her, comforts her. She is very talented, very beautiful and unfortunately for her not very shy or bashful, but rather outgoing, funny and sassy. Now that is a mix that will get you in trouble....I wish they would come to train in the US permanently, the air around them is too toxic. JMHO if, they don't split.

Also any dad would have shot and dismembered Morozov already, so apparently he doesn't play a pivotal role in her life. It's just her and mom.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Fine, but you cannot deny that a 35+ old man dating an under-20 year old girl will not raise some questions, especially in this day and age.

It is just my own personal morals and beliefs, and I understand many people disagree, but for me, the sheer age difference doesn't bother me much. I think such age gaps are rarely a positive thing, and that relationships with such age gaps are statistically unlikely to succeed long-term or be wholly healthy, but where two legal adults decide to date, that's their affair.

What bothers me about this situation in particular is that he is what I would consider to be in a position of authority over her. I don't think coaches should be dating their students probably ever, but surely not when there is such an age gap. I think if they developed an attraction, the ethical thing to have done would have been to go to the federation and say they need a new coach, there is this conflict, and then date if the attraction persisted.

I will say too that this situation is particularly smelly to me due to Mozorov's past,whether that is fair or not. I would be far more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt were his past (or even current) actions a bit different... I do understand that probably these people spend most of their waking hours at the rink, and that this is therefore someplace one might meet a romantic partner quite logically. However, the fact that he has done this identical thing before (and not just once) gives me pause. Further, the speed at which they launched into the relationship also gives me pause... if they had slowly gotten to know each other over a few years or even several months, THEN decided to date, I'd be more generously minded toward the whole thing.

Of course it's just my opinion.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
LEna's relationship and personal life is not our bussiness. She has a right to choose whomever she wants, but we don't have a right to talk about it like that. She doesn't trry to hide the fact that she and Morozov are together, then it must be fine - even perfect - for her. She is not underage, in Russia, it's not underage. Soloviev got married at age 17, his wife was 16 back then. She is not stupid or vulnerable, no no no, she came to The US and trained there since she was 11~12, she can do perfect to control her life, she doesn't need you guys to tell her what she should do.And I repeat this "if the whole relationship fails, it is their faults" including Lena. But as I know, nothing bad happens (as yet). And what makes you think that if Lena & Nikolai Morozov are in a relationship, she gets less advantages than he?
I don't want IK to split, what I want is them kicking Morozov out immidiately, his choreography is so lame and boring and makes no sense whatsoever (as sisinka already pointed out). I think sisinka doesn't hate IK, haters are someone who constantly say bad things (without being able to prove them), and wish they would quit or stop being together (again like the attitude of so many of you guys here toward other couples). No, sisinka only said that the choreography is not right, they need to improve at this or that. And she also said that they should not split - if they don't want that themselves. That I&K are sexy, beautiful, have good basic... only need more work and everything will be fine. How's that a hater?

walnut cat

Spectator
I don't want IK to split, what I want is them kicking Morozov out immidiately, his choreography is so lame and boring and makes no sense whatsoever (as sisinka already pointed out). I think sisinka doesn't hate IK, haters are someone who constantly say bad things (without being able to prove them), and wish they would quit or stop being together (again like the attitude of so many of you guys here toward other couples). No, sisinka only said that the choreography is not right, they need to improve at this or that. And she also said that they should not split - if they don't want that themselves. That I&K are sexy, beautiful, have good basic... only need more work and everything will be fine. How's that a hater?

:thumbsup: :clap:

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside

Are you sure that 16 is not underage in Russia?? I googled and here is what I found "At 18 teenagers can have sex with grownups.
At 18 you can officially drink "
"Age of majority in Russia is 18"

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am pretty darn sure. It is governed by Federal Law No. 14-FZ of February 29, 2012 in which Article 134 of this Code was reworded as such:

1. Sexual intercourse committed by a person who has reached the age of eighteen years of age with a person who has not reached the age of sixteen years and sexual maturity - shall be punishable by obligatory labour for a term of up to 480 hours, or by restriction of liberty for a term of up to four years, or by compulsory labour for a term of up to four years with or without deprivation of the right to hold certain posts or to be engaged in a certain activity for a period of up to three years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to four years with or without deprivation of the right to hold certain posts or to be engaged in a certain activity for a period of up to ten years.

and so on.

Russian age of consent has changed over the years- it was 14 for a time (from 1998 to 2003) but then raised again to 16 years.

Unless someone has information that the law has changed since February of 2012 (which is possible but if it has I don't know about it) the age of consent is 16 there.

That said, she is 19 now so EVEN IF it changed to 18 in 2013 (the soonest it could realistically have been updated) she and Mozorov still would not have done anything illegal. On January 1, 2013, she was in fact 18. In fact, she was 18 in April of 2012.

gettinglow

Match Penalty
Ilinykh and Katsalapov should stay together primarily for two reasons:

1) They are attractive and look good together

2) We need proof that ice dance is influenced to a crazy degree by how hot the pairs are

Ilinykh and Katsalapov are definitely talented, but they aren't as talented as most of the pairs they pushed off the podium in Sochi. Let's be real. They won a bronze medal in Sochi because they were Russian and because they are attractive. We need them to continue as a pair so we can continue to laugh at how absurd the judging in ice dance is.

Also, something about Elena comes off as a bit...classless to me. She's pretty I suppose but in a trashy sort of way...definitely looks like she could work at a bar. It's not surprising that she's tearing it up with Morozov (oozes sketchiness). Nikita is attractive as well, but he's a bit too deathly pale. He needs to walk outside from time to time.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ilinykh and Katsalapov should stay together primarily for two reasons:

1) They are attractive and look good together

2) We need proof that ice dance is influenced to a crazy degree by how hot the pairs are

Ilinykh and Katsalapov are definitely talented, but they aren't as talented as most of the pairs they pushed off the podium in Sochi. Let's be real. They won a bronze medal in Sochi because they were Russian and because they are attractive. We need them to continue as a pair so we can continue to laugh at how absurd the judging in ice dance is.

Also, something about Elena comes off as a bit...classless to me. She's pretty I suppose but in a trashy sort of way...definitely looks like she could work at a bar. It's not surprising that she's tearing it up with Morozov (oozes sketchiness). Nikita is attractive as well, but he's a bit too deathly pale. He needs to walk outside from time to time.

I have a different opinion, but well..
Oh, of course your opinion is closer to 'reality' than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.