Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulosai

Record Breaker
What about Elena though? Any sympathy for her? Surely she couldn't have seen this coming when the rumour first broke out and was blindsided by this whole mess.

I actually think, whatever she wanted, she is in a better position than Nikita now. She has a partner who emotes and who can twizzle. I predict that she and Ruslan will be beating Nikita and whoever consistently from the very beginning, and will never stop doing so.

I am very saddened by this news though. Basically my two favorite Russian dance teams have (IMO senselessly) split.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
and what was Morozov 's goal with it? And why? Morozov and Elena aren't a couple ?

Reportedly, they're not together anymore: if Elena dumped him, I can totally see Morozov acting professional and classy as usual and orchestrating this.
Oh well, if Nikita didn't have his motives, he wouldn't have agreed. Such a shame though.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Reportedly, they're not together anymore: if Elena dumped him, I can totally see Morozov acting professional and classy as usual and orchestrating this.
Oh well, if Nikita didn't have his motives, he wouldn't have agreed. Such a shame though.

:disapp:

Dots

Final Flight
Wow this came out of left field. I thought Victoria said a split wasn't true... poor thing :no: She gets dumped and now has Morozov as her coach....

I don't see Russia winning a world championship in this quadrennial. So it's Canada and Italy who'll dominate this quad? The US and Russia might go back and forth with the bronze medals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Bobrova & Soloviev have a shot at World gold, if someone will only give them some decent choreo.

caitie

Medalist
I actually really dug S/Z as a pair and of course I/K were great (but a little overrated IMO), so this is a huge bummer. I don't understand why they would do this but I would guess Elena and Morozov broke up, Elena wanted to leave and Nikita didnt?

uhh

Medalist
I actually really dug S/Z as a pair and of course I/K were great (but a little overrated IMO), so this is a huge bummer. I don't understand why they would do this but I would guess Elena and Morozov broke up, Elena wanted to leave and Nikita didnt?

Probably a bit of that, a bit of Morozov orchestrating getting rid of her once she dumped him - he's got a history of pretty much abandoning skaters once he's bored with them, I've heard all sorts of stories about how he acted towards Rippon & Amodio in particular. And maybe things were more difficult than we knew between Elena & Nikita. I just find it so surprising because things seemed so much better between them this year & in a choice between coach & partner it makes sense to me to go with partner every time - it's much much easier to find a coaching set up that works than find a partner that you really click with when skating in the way that I/K did.

Mattieu

Medalist
Sky_fly20 will be pleased, as Sinitsina/Zhiganshin only had 9cm height difference, whereas Sinitsina/Katsalapov will have 12cm height difference.
Ilyinkh/Zhiganshin will have 11cm height difference, as Elena is 4cm shorter than Sinitsina.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Okay.

So what do you guys think: who will be more successfull S/K or I/Z?

Do we know if Yanovskaya/Mozgov are going seniors next season? I think it's a big opportunity for them to go to the Worlds since russia have 3 spots.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yanovskaya/Mozgov have already said they plan to stay junior and go for the World Junior title.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I know, but if I were Y&M, I would seize the moment and work my butt off for the senior GP.This is the best chance they will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.