Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am happy for Lena. Despite how it might look on paper, I think she and Ruslan will make a great couple as will s/k. But I am so happy that she is away from Morozov, she gets to stay with her family and she will be in an interesting group. New beginnings :yay:

I do wedding planning for free. I guess I might as well bite the bulllet and plan a wedding for Victoria and Morozov. Really it is wrong to hate someone but I strongly disllike him; this is so wrong of me but he is ick, eew, yuck, gag me with a spoon et al. I don't like his choroegraphy. I think he has trouble getting the best out of his skaters and I really hate his dating history. He is like a predator - yes his victims go willingly but that is why they call it a position of trust. Still I am basically left in tears - what a beautiful team physically and as dancer and now we are left with but unfulfilled dreams and possibility - clearly a team that had more in them but they are no more. Next you will tell me there is no Santa :(

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I do wedding planning for free. I guess I might as well bite the bulllet and plan a wedding for Victoria and Morozov. Really it is wrong to hate someone but I strongly disllike him; this is so wrong of me but he is ick, eew, yuck, gag me with a spoon et al. I don't like his choroegraphy. I think he has trouble getting the best out of his skaters and I really hate his dating history. He is like a predator - yes his victims go willingly but that is why they call it a position of trust. Still I am basically left in tears - what a beautiful team physically and as dancer and now we are left with but unfulfilled dreams and possibility - clearly a team that had more in them but they are no more. Next you will tell me there is no Santa :(

Oh, don't be sad. They still have Olympic gold and bronze medals. Most skaters can only dream about it.

And I think both new teams have a shot at the next Olympics. At least for a medal (or team event).

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I wasn't sure if they would actually go through with breaking up the partnership. Thought this might just be one of those rumors.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
"Russian figure skater Ruslan Zhiganshin informed agency "F-Sport" that on Monday he and Elena Il'inykh appealed to the Federation of figure skating in Russia (FFKKR) a statement that will ride in pairs."
http://ria.ru/sport/20140407/1002804266.html#ixzz2yBYINEil

Can someone give a more accurate translation than google of this sentence "Пробный прокат с Леной у нас уже был на прошлой неделе".

To put an end to the rumors, Elena confirmed that Nikita wanted to end cooperation and she found out about it during worlds "Come April 4 at the dispensary came Nikita thanked for their cooperation and said that more speak with me would not - Il'inykh said by phone. - Initiative of the decay of our couples came from him, I would like to emphasize this. First to me this information reached during the World Cup, and last week Nikita put me before the fact. "
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140407/741387775.html

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
"Russian figure skater Ruslan Zhiganshin informed agency "F-Sport" that on Monday he and Elena Il'inykh appealed to the Federation of figure skating in Russia (FFKKR) a statement that will ride in pairs."

Can someone give a more accurate translation than google of this sentence "Пробный прокат с Леной у нас уже был на прошлой неделе".

Russian Ruslan Žiganšin told to "r-sport" that on Monday he and Elena Ilinykh contacted the Federation of figure skating (FFKKR) with the statement that will be skating in a pair.

Moscow, 7 Apr-r-sports, Andrew Symonenko. Russian Ruslan Žiganšin told to "r-sport" that on Monday he and Elena Ilinykh contacted the Federation of figure skating (FFKKR) with the statement that they will be skating in a pair.

Ilinykh paired with Nikita Katsalapov won the bronze medal in the Olympic Games in Sochi in ice dancing; the duo also won a gold medal in the team competition in the Olympics. Žiganšin together with Victoria Sinitsina is the winner of the 2012 World Junior Championship, and the bronze medal-winner of the Russian Championship 2013-2014 season.

"Today, we are appealing to the Federation with Lena, a statement that we will team up," said Žiganšin on the phone. -"We will train in the group of Svetlana Lvovna Alekseeva and Elena Vladimirovna Kustarovoj, where I trained with Vika. A tryout with Lena we already had last week. "

At the World Championship 2014 in Japan, the couple Ilinykh/Katsalapov finished fourth, and Žiganšin finished in seventh place with Sinitsina.

Earlier MEDIA reported the intention of Sinitsina and Katsalapov to form a team

RIA Novosti News Agency http://ria.ru/sport/20140407/1002804266.html#ixzz2yBaOB8tk

I will give it a try

Last edited:

Matt K

On the Ice
Ruslan says that they (Lena and him) already had a tryout last week

Do we have any quotes from Sinitsina? I can't imagine she wants to end the S/Z partnership. Why does she want to skate with Katsalapov?

Snow63

Record Breaker

To put an end to the rumors, Elena confirmed that Nikita wanted to end cooperation and she found out about it during worlds "Come April 4 at the dispensary came Nikita thanked for their cooperation and said that more speak with me would not - Il'inykh said by phone. - Initiative of the decay of our couples came from him, I would like to emphasize this. First to me this information reached during the World Cup, and last week Nikita put me before the fact. "
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140407/741387775.html

'We already had a tryout last week.'

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I see the heavy hand of the Russian fed in this- wanting to keep both Nikita and Elena and Victoria and Ruslan all skating with worthy partners.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Even though i hate everything about these splits, I truly hope that it will be worth it. My only wish is that Vika wouldn't be another Morozov's doll...

Matt K

On the Ice
Oh yeah, I forgot about them!
I am hoping for the best for B/S now. :popcorn: They have deep edges (better than W/P, C/L, C/B) and great toe point, and actually hold their edges and lines during footwork better than anyone else today. Hoping they can win Worlds 2015. They skated their Man with a Harmonica program brilliantly in Sochi. Their Birds program was very difficult and it was skated almost with no rest in between any elements, note I say skated, not hopped. Even their Birds FD was miles more difficult than C/L's (and IMO, W/P and P/B) that even if they skated that program at Worlds I can't see them losing the World title. I can't wait to see what Zhulin does with them this quad :popcorn:

I see no lies :popcorn:

Yes. Their Birds FD was very difficult and it was skated almost with no rest in between any elements, and to keep up with the pace of the music like that took a ton of stamina and skill, which is why they had falls at Cup of China and GPF. Zhulin's work for B/S these past 2 years (including their SDs) is so different from his stuff with P/B. Birds might not be as popular as last year's FD, but B/S's material is more difficult than P/B's from 2009-2011, including their SD this year, so it shows Zhulin knows his skaters capabilities. I wonder what he could have created for V/M :popcorn:. Actually I wonder what he could do for R/T. Although I wish R/T would go back to Petukhov permanently because Shpilband is making them not skate as much as possible. He wants to turn R/T into a hoppy jumpy couple like H-C/D and C/L, but R/T are actually decent ice dancers. Their stuff with Gorshkov/Petukhov had so much more interesting transitions and skating choreography than these 2 seasons with Shpilband. So this pairing between R/T and Shpilband is not working out well at all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
R/T need something because their programs have been the skating equivalent of a valium overdose. Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

The Birds program may have been technically difficult but it was so overwrought, histrionic, and downright stupid that it has more than earned its place in the Camp Hall of Fame. Artsy-fartsy is not the same as artistry.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Yes. Their Birds FD was very difficult and it was skated almost with no rest in between any elements, and to keep up with the pace of the music like that took a ton of stamina and skill, which is why they had falls at Cup of China and GPF. Zhulin's work for B/S these past 2 years (including their SDs) is so different from his stuff with P/B. Birds might not be as popular as last year's FD, but B/S's material is more difficult than P/B's from 2009-2011, including their SD this year, so it shows Zhulin knows his skaters capabilities. I wonder what he could have created for V/M :popcorn:. Actually I wonder what he could do for R/T. Although I wish R/T would go back to Gorshkov because Shpilband is making them not skate as much as possible. He wants to turn R/T into a hoppy jumpy couple like H-C/D and C/L, but R/T are actually decent ice dancers. Their stuff with Gorshkov/Petukhov had so much more interesting transitions and skating choreography than these 2 seasons with Shpilband. So this pairing between R/T and Shpilband is not working out well at all.

I really like their Birds Fd. I don't get all the hate for this program.
The only problem I see with it is that it starts so fast (even hysterical, good hysterical) and then going slower and slower to the end. That's probably because of the difficulty of the elements and because they have no rest between them, but still.

Matt K

On the Ice
Now, Nikita had his motives to split but why did Victoria accept to skate with him? She had problems with Ruslan too? Does she like Nikita more than Ruslan?

I want to know this too. I/K have their motives but S/Z? :confused: I want a quote from Sinitsina because I cannot imagine her (or even Zhiganshin) wanted a split.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm sorry to hear this confirmed. I'm still shaking my head at this news. Both pairs had so much potential though Ilinykh/Katsalapov were more eye-catching, both them as people as their memorable, unique FDs. I've only just started noticing Sinistina/Zhinganshin. I really hope things work out well for I/Z and S/K, doubly so as they cleared the top Russian couples place for Bobrova/Soloviev and Riazanova/Tkachenko, who underwhelmed me this year.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
Everyone blames Nikita but maybe Elena is more to blame. If she hadn't started the relationship with her coach (and possibly dumped Nikita because of this), maybe they would still be together.

Status
Not open for further replies.