Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    elena deserves a better partner and i hope she finds one

mte, they got their crap together for the olympics but they bit the ice like the other half of the time i saw them skate
    Its true. They weren't that good together.

Custom Title
    Elena is overly emotional and there were many times she allowed her emotions to get in the way of her performance. Many times I thought Nikita was furious with her but held it back and seemingly comforted her, but his tight smiles gave it away. The partnership had to be very hard for him.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    You're probably right, chuckm, but even Grishuk and Platov managed to stay together after an OGM, even though they couldn't stand each other.
    Why split now that the way to the top is clear? OTOH, it's their career, so whatever they decide. It seems a waste, though.

Custom Title
    I was wondering if it was April Fool's Day when I saw the thread title.....

Maybe Elena can pair up with Ruslan Zhiganshin with Kustarova as their coach, and a new rivalry will be born.

Custom Title
    On a side note, Nikita and Victoria would look good together...(but still hoping it's not true

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    On a side note, Nikita and Victoria would look good together...(but still hoping it's not true
    Victoria is shorter than Elena, they will have an even bigger advantage on lifts

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Elena is overly emotional and there were many times she allowed her emotions to get in the way of her performance. Many times I thought Nikita was furious with her but held it back and seemingly comforted her, but his tight smiles gave it away. The partnership had to be very hard for him.
    But even if that were the case, if you don't count the fall at EC the one who was and is more accident prone is NIKITA. To this day he struggles with twizzles!! Something just does not add up! However if they just cannot seem to find common ground, now yes is the perfect time to end it. They've had a respectable run. This is my only concern, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE NEWS NOW? WHY NOT AFTER WORLDS? Very sad day

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Victoria is shorter than Elena, they will have an even bigger advantage on lifts
    Not true, actually. Victoria is 2 cm higher.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    She's a good dancer and skater so all should go well for them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    lol ironic considering the best thing about him was that she was his partner

Why split now that the way to the top is clear? OTOH, it's their career, so whatever they decide. It seems a waste, though.
    grishuk/platov was an anomaly, i can't think of another team that's stayed together despite a terrible personal relationship. i think some of you seriously underestimate just how emotionally taxing and exhausting a skating partnership is. if their personal relationship wasn't working out, i'm willing to bet it would've translated to their skating eventually

Custom Title
    Honestly, something just doesn't seem right in this story. I/K is one of the couples that have the best chemistry, are very supportive and you could clearly see that they care about each other... I wouldn't be surprised if even B/S split up, because they don't have that connection... But Nikita and Elena always seemed like they belong together.

Medalist
    If it is true about Elena and her coach that man needs to be neutered .How many girls has this man taking advantage of.It is just wrong for Morozov to be dating theses girls.

Custom Title
    Sad but true (I feel quite awful for saying that). I'm still in shock. It's been a bad day. First the news of plans to ditch Short Programs & now this. I may need to go a lay down in a very dark room.

Custom Title
    I agree--Nikita is talented, but Elena really was the star of that team. She just had that IT quality that made people overlook their shortcomings (empty, open programs, Morozov, etc). Victoria is a good skater too, but she just doesn't have the same charisma and presence.

grishuk/platov was an anomaly, i can't think of another team that's stayed together despite a terrible personal relationship. i think some of you seriously underestimate just how emotionally taxing and exhausting a skating partnership is. if their personal relationship wasn't working out, i'm willing to bet it would've translated to their skating eventually
    Yes, definitely. A bad personal relationship definitely shows up in the skating--Dube/Davison never looked the same after their romantic relationship ended not-so-amicably. Ditto for Usova/Zhulin. For a more recent example, Maxim Trankov is 10x the skater he is after he left the toxic partnership he had with Mukhortova (and Vasiliev) for the happy, nurturing environment he has with Volosozhar (and Mozer).

Custom Title
    Just now read from this twitter
    https://twitter.com/Balbeska_k
    "Yes, it is true about I/K. All the question to Lena, it was her intention to give up sport"
    "And it is true about Nikita and Victoria. It is hard to imagine though. They have such a different character and emotions"

Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast