Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatif

Medalist
Well, tbh they already have two Olympics medals, including gold. So perhaps no more motivation. And the next stop is Oscars for Elena.

whatif

Medalist
1/6th olympic champions

can't believe bobrova/soloviev get to forever be called olympic gold medalists because of the team event. there is no god

That's how she will always be introduced. Olympic Champion of 2014, Elena Ilinykh. Deal with it.

BlackPack

Medalist
I don't think anyone is taking the Team medals seriously.... In any case, it's too new to know how people will use that title. I definitely don't think it's fair to equate a Team medal with an Individual medal. A team medal is a collective effort. Individual is earned by one's own efforts.

whatif

Medalist
I don't think anyone is taking the Team medals seriously.... In any case, it's too new to know how people will use that title. I definitely don't think it's fair to equate a Team medal with an Individual medal. A team medal is a collective effort. Individual is earned by one's own efforts.

I am not sure who you are referring to as "anyone". Nothing new and nothing to wait. Gold medal is gold medal. In Russia, that's how she is introduced.

BlackPack

Medalist
I am not sure who you are referring to as "anyone". Nothing new and nothing to wait. Gold medal is gold medal. In Russia, that's how she is introduced.

Cus it's to their advantage. Abbott may have an a Team Bronze, but no one is thinking of him as Denis Ten the actual Bronze Medalist.

gmyers

Record Breaker
She has a gold Olympic and bronze Olympic medal. If that was the dream, she has fulfilled it, perhaps? Perhaps she wants 1. Start a new career?
2. Go to college?
3. Ditch Morozov?
4. Get married?
5. Have children?
6. Eventually represent Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan? Is she ethnically Kazakh or Uzbek?
7. Move to another country?
8. Go into films?

Or it could be that this is a remake of the Lobacheva/Averbukh (for American fans, think Meno & Sand) story? Perhaps Nikita is hopelessly in love with Sinitsina and wants to be her partner?

She does have gold and bronze medals. She may be fulfilled with her career!

tulosai

Record Breaker
grishuk/platov was an anomaly, i can't think of another team that's stayed together despite a terrible personal relationship. i think some of you seriously underestimate just how emotionally taxing and exhausting a skating partnership is. if their personal relationship wasn't working out, i'm willing to bet it would've translated to their skating eventually

Castelli and Shapir hate (or very nearly hate) each other and they are sticking it out/have stuck it out but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head too. I probably should not say this but I do know this for a fact as I know their coach.

Sad but true (I feel quite awful for saying that). I'm still in shock. It's been a bad day. First the news of plans to ditch Short Programs & now this. I may need to go a lay down in a very dark room.

WORD.

She has a gold Olympic and bronze Olympic medal. If that was the dream, she has fulfilled it, perhaps? Perhaps she wants 1. Start a new career?
2. Go to college?
3. Ditch Morozov?
4. Get married?
5. Have children?
6. Eventually represent Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan? Is she ethnically Kazakh or Uzbek?
7. Move to another country?
8. Go into films?

Or it could be that this is a remake of the Lobacheva/Averbukh (for American fans, think Meno & Sand) story? Perhaps Nikita is hopelessly in love with Sinitsina and wants to be her partner?

Also this. It is very important to remember that though this is sad for US (I just agreed I need to go lay down in a dark room) she may be very happy and content about her decision and have other life goals that have nothing at all to do with skating. She may not even like skating. Also I know she said MANY times that she was SO happy to compete in the Olympics IN RUSSIA, and was so honored to represent RUSSIA at the Olympics in RUSSIA. At the time I thought it was just the 'party line' but maybe she was telling the truth and that was a main goal in her life- to compete before the home crowd at Olys in RUSSIA. (sorry if the caps is annoying, I just can't help myself).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also this. It is very important to remember that though this is sad for US (I just agreed I need to go lay down in a dark room) she may be very happy and content about her decision and have other life goals that have nothing at all to do with skating. She may not even like skating. Also I know she said MANY times that she was SO happy to compete in the Olympics IN RUSSIA, and was so honored to represent RUSSIA at the Olympics in RUSSIA. At the time I thought it was just the 'party line' but maybe she was telling the truth and that was a main goal in her life- to compete before the home crowd at Olys in RUSSIA. (sorry if the caps is annoying, I just can't help myself).

I'm just sad I won't get to see them in AMERICA. Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Grushina and Goncharov are from Ukraine not from Russia but as far as I remember she was about 19. Divorced too.

Didn't Morozov start sleeping with Grushina while she was married to Goncharov and he with Shae-Lynne?

@bartlebooth

but even Grishuk and Platov managed to stay together after an OGM, even though they couldn't stand each other.

Ot's not easy to do that, at all, if that's the reason of course. G&P were ambitious and very very determined. I always admired them for that. When you have a common goal that helps a lot, even when you might not like each other.
Besides, I always had the impression that he could handle Oksana and that helps too.

However, it might be that Elena wants to quit and do something more with her life, other than figure skating.
She is beautiful and I'm sure she'll have many opportunities. If that's the case I'm happy for her, but it's very sad for me as their fan. :scowl:
I still can't belive it though. :disapp:

@All: There is just something I don't understand. Why bring out the news right now, before their competition? As someone said above, I'm afraid that the judges are not going to medal a team who is splitting. So why bother and compete at worlds at all?
Although, with V&M and D&W out, if they scate like at the Olympics judges will have no choice but give them a medal I guess. :think:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
@All: There is just something I don't understand. Why bring out the news right now, before their competition? As someone said above, I'm afraid that the judges are not going to medal a team who is splitting. So why bother and compete at worlds at all?
Although, with V&M and D&W out, if they scate like at the Olympics judges will have no choice but give them a medal I guess. :think:

Well, it's not official yet. It's just a rumour. But I remember rumours about them splitting up for the last 2 years. So, who knows...

gmyers

Record Breaker
THe deal probably was if there was a deal that I/k b/s s/z all work together to keep Russia at 3 spots and so they can return with their new partners next year. Except If illynik is retiring than she won't. But because judges know p/b are retiring and they were frontrunners to win than judges don't really care that much or they are just wagering denials will work. Deny deny deny win split.

shellbell757

Rinkside
No!!!!!! I hope they reconsider! Call me shallow, but they are both so good looking I could watch them skate all day. :scowl:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm just sad I won't get to see them in AMERICA. Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

:laugh: I'm sure you'll get to an international competition eventually!! TEB is great fun (and every couple should see Paris together- I'm sure you and Mr. P would love it (though I'm a BIT biased)) and of course there is always Worlds... everyone must someday go to Worlds! (including me...)

Status
Not open for further replies.