Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes I think it will be a quad alot like that one.

So let's start guessing - who will end up with one title and pregnancy, who will end up with one title and injuries, who will end up close but never quite making it, who will get fed up and retire and who will end up at the end (Olympic year) at the top?

Alba

Record Breaker
I look forward to the many, many talented and exciting dance teams who do have their act together. I'm not really missing Voir and Marlie at all, because I know the next quad will be so fun to watch. I can't wait to see Cappellini and Lanotte, Weaver and Poje, Chock and Bates, Hurtado and Diaz, Gilles and Poirier, Paul and Islam, etc. grow and push each other.

It might be boring to have 1 or 2 teams dominate, but I honestly can't say I'm looking forward to a competition like the last WC in dance. The winner with a 4rth place in FD? No thanks.

It'll look more like the 2006-2010 quad, when V/M and D/W started off at the juniors and ended up dominating. During that time, Debreuil / Lauzon and Denkova / Staviski retired, Belbin / Agosto never quite got to the top, Dom / Shab were on and off with injuries, and then the pendulum appeared to swing to Delobel / Schoenfelder until her injury and then her pregnancy. Point being: I agree with you that this next quad will be more exciting!

True. The least preferred period I had with Ice Dance were 2003-2010

Alba

Record Breaker
From article...Mikhail Stifunin, the older (head) coach of Ice Dance in Russia visited Kustarova/Alexeeva’s group and saw Lena and Ruslan’s practise.
Kustarova says that after a practise head coach was satisfied, he told that Lena and Ruslan looked beautifully together, but he told that a work began only at that time. He recommended them to work in undisturbed mode, not to dissipate at anything. She also says that she is satisfied with first results, that sportsmen understand each other, there are no disbelieves.

I don't get it....what does it mean?:confused:

I loved how Elena and Nikita interacted together on the ice (throughout their career, including this season). It may have been just acting but it did make me believe so it looked real to me.

I fully agree. The chemistry these two had together is hard to find. They might go on and have a very succesful career together, but I will always wonder what if....? I had the same feeling about Grishuk and her previous partner Alexandr Chichkov.
I always thought they would've been fantastic with each other. Even better than Grishuk&Platov.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKQ8DPVP8Yw

Alba

Record Breaker
Guessing if S/K look good too, then the fed will "aprove" the new couples ????

Me too, and that's why I'm afraid and hoping I misunderstood. :disapp:
This is an absolute crap!:bang: They can not wait to see if the S&K works, it's not their business anymore. Elena and Ruslan are done with their previous partners.
Why is the Fed "punishing" these two by letting them in a limbo?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Me too, and that's why I'm afraid and hoping I misunderstood. :disapp:
This is an absolute crap!:bang: They can not wait to see if the S&K works, it's not their business anymore. Elena and Ruslan are done with their previous partners.
Why is the Fed "punishing" these two by letting them in a limbo?

It's total crap, but there may be underlying reasons as to why.
Perhaps the Fed are hoping S/K won't work out?
Would Elena take him (Nikita) back?

Ugh, too much going on. Just make a decision already, Fed...

Alba

Record Breaker

She might, but that will be a total disaster I'm afraid. The Fed should know better and give a clear cut.
At least they would have a couple who's working already.

bramweld

Record Breaker

Ugh, too much going on. Just make a decision already, Fed...

I am starting to believe that many people were kicked in the nether-regions because of this inspired move. Did either of these kids stop to ponder the ramifications of such a move right after the Olympics? Couldn't they have worked out a much more classier exit than this? Or at least given their partnerships one more year? Or was it the leak in the press that has thrown them off? You do not need 3 weeks to see if a couple is compatible. Unless of course Marina is trying to determine if they have the potential to be great? Is it that this is being funded entirely by their parents so they're pretty much telling everyone we are going to do whatever we want? I hope it was worth it otherwise they will be in for a very rude awakening.

Its like they just slapped their federation in the face and they either haven't noticed or simply don't really care.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yes, there are ramifications. But partnership splits - including high-profile ones - happen every season. It's not as if we're talking about something that is going to affect the stability of World peace or the future of the planet. ;)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yes, there are ramifications. But partnership splits - including high-profile ones - happen every season. It's not as if we're talking about something that is going to affect the stability of World peace or the future of the planet. ;)

LOL. Why are we still talking about this? The split is a done deal right? We need to just GET OVER IT ALREADY:cry: Nobody seems to be making too much of a fuss over Aliona and Robin splitting? Bring on the new pairs. My wish is we hopefully soon just bury this thread.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
LOL. Why are we still talking about this? The split is a done deal right? We need to just GET OVER IT ALREADY:cry: Nobody seems to be making too much of a fuss over Aliona and Robin splitting? Bring on the new pairs. My wish is we hopefully soon just bury this thread.

I guess the big difference is that Aliona & Robin didn't really split. He had already decided to retire at the end of this season, and she wants to keep skating so she found another partner. They seem to have ended their partnership on good terms (and with a World title!).

In the case of I&K, people are surprised because they just won an Olympic medal, and are at the beginning of their careers. They also looked cute together and so people were surprised to find out about all the conflicts.

Alba

Record Breaker
LOL. Why are we still talking about this? The split is a done deal right? We need to just GET OVER IT ALREADY:cry:

Apparently it's the Russian Fed who needs to get over it.

Nobody seems to be making too much of a fuss over Aliona and Robin splitting? Bring on the new pairs.

Yeah, which pair? We are still waiting.....:popcorn:

pamela

Rinkside

This wont stop until the federation says "confirmed new couples".
The S/S was from a direct source and both Aliona and Robin confirmed it. With I/K situation was a rumour, then lots she said-he said, a bunch of people claiming not to know anything and the federation playing silly, plus we had the victim Viktoria part that claimed not to know a thing and saying she will skate with Ruslan and then she took her stuff and said IM SKATING WITH NIKITA BYE.
So this topic is a juicy A+ russian drama, it wont stop even when the new couples are listed, it will take a while.
Also I think I joined this forum at the right time, because I've been literally stalking this thread since it was created for more news and its very entertaining tbh... I mean, at the beggining people were talking about a Mrs. Morozombie no 4 and then we found out about Elena being like a sort of "victim" in this situation.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I don't think their split is a huge loss to humanity. :slink:

I look forward to the many, many talented and exciting dance teams who do have their act together. I'm not really missing Voir and Marlie at all, because I know the next quad will be so fun to watch. I can't wait to see Cappellini and Lanotte, Weaver and Poje, Chock and Bates, Hurtado and Diaz, Gilles and Poirier, Paul and Islam, etc. grow and push each other.

I agree.

Although on the one hand it will be a loss if V&M and D&W retire as expected, on the other hand it is an opportunity to open up the Dance podium to a new generation of teams.

While it was fun over the past 5 or so seasons to see V&M and D&W battle it out, it meant that with gold and silver already a lock every year, there was only a bronze medal left for all the other teams. This year's Worlds opened up the podium to many more teams.

Some people were worried that with V&M and D&W gone it might mean the end of the North American era in dance, but with 3 Canadian teams & 2 American teams in the Top 10 last month, it looks like the North American teams are here to stay. :)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I agree.

Although on the one hand it will be a loss if V&M and D&W retire as expected, on the other hand it is an opportunity to open up the Dance podium to a new generation of teams.

While it was fun over the past 5 or so seasons to see V&M and D&W battle it out, it meant that with gold and silver already a lock every year, there was only a bronze medal left for all the other teams. This year's Worlds opened up the podium to many more teams.

Some people were worried that with V&M and D&W gone it might mean the end of the North American era in dance, but with 3 Canadian teams & 2 American teams in the Top 10 last month, it looks like the North American teams are here to stay. :)

I wont miss Davis & White one bit. I dont deny they deserve their titles (well the last year or more they have been way overscored compared to V&M, regardless of winning or not, but that is another topic) but their dancing doing absolutely nothing for me, not liking their frantic and unrefined style, and their increasingly boring dominance (along with V&M but I actually like them) and I am glad they are gone. V&M I will miss just because their elegant and majestical skating, combined with extraordinary technical level, will be hard to not miss; and for Canada they are such icons who have brought us so much.

I dont know about the end of the North American era in dance, but I see this quad being more balanced between the Europeans and North Americans. The European judges wont let NA dominate with teams that arent of the level of D&W and V&M after 5 years of total V&M and D&W dominance which probably frusterated the heck out of them.

BlackPack

Medalist
It might be boring to have 1 or 2 teams dominate, but I honestly can't say I'm looking forward to a competition like the last WC in dance. The winner with a 4rth place in FD? No thanks.

True. The least preferred period I had with Ice Dance were 2003-2010

Honestly, the judges didn't know what to do with DW and VM gone. Thus the aberrations. I think they'll have a clearer idea next season, but there won't be a consensus. It's time for the coaches and Federations to do major politicking for all the respective top 5 teams who all have a shot.

nimi

Medalist
^ As much as I wanted P/B to win, they did make a glaring error in the Finnstep whereas the top 2 teams skated both programs without such mistakes. I got the feeling that the actual performances mattered and that the outcome was in no way predetermined, which was refreshing. (I'm a fan of skating, not lobbying and politicking.)

Alba

Record Breaker
Honestly, the judges didn't know what to do with DW and VM gone. Thus the aberrations. I think they'll have a clearer idea next season, but there won't be a consensus. It's time for the coaches and Federations to do major politicking for all the respective top 5 teams who all have a shot.

I hope so.:thumbsup:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
So this topic is a juicy A+ russian drama, it wont stop even when the new couples are listed, it will take a while.
Also I think I joined this forum at the right time, because I've been literally stalking this thread since it was created for more news and its very entertaining tbh... I mean, at the beggining people were talking about a Mrs. Morozombie no 4 and then we found out about Elena being like a sort of "victim" in this situation.

This topic is a juicy A++ goldenskate forum drama.:popcorn: It feels to me that people are trying to compensate for the lack of the news since the season is over. And the way rumours are spread.. that's just really insane. None of us knows what happened, but yet people are choosing sides. The only victim here is the rusfed skating federation. But they'll get over it, because compared to the situation back in 2010, now it's all rise and shine for them.

At this moment everyone should just thank russian skaters for bringing so much things to talk about. :slink:

Status
Not open for further replies.