Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

elif

Medalist
Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:
Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva and
Ryazanova/Gurreiro no coach announced yet.

:eek:

Looks like they are returning their former partners and Tobias changing countries again. :unsure:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Stepanova / Bukin are missing the party
still waiting impatiently for their split :mad:

Ivan should now dump Stepanova and skate with Elena
she is too tall anyways and have no future together

noidont

Final Flight
Wow. Tobias/Tkachenko. That makes zero sense.
There is no one good for Bukin though. Kosigina is the only one I can think of.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not sure where to post this news but apparently there are two new ice dance team formed in Russia:
Tobias/Tkachenko coached by Zoueva and
Ryazanova/Gurreiro no coach announced yet.

I didn't see that one coming!

Well, given that Isabella couldn't get Lithuanian citizenship, I had a bad feeling the partnership with Deividas would end. But I didn't see the Riazanova/Tkachenko split coming!

It'll be interesting to see what countries they end up representing.

I assume Isabella and Ilya will go for Russia, as it will be easier if only 1 of them has to apply for citizenship. (I can't see them going the other way, using Isabella's American nationality). But, given that one of them has an Italian name and the other a Ukrainian name, there might be other options...

Kate and Jonathon both have Russian citizenship, and competed for Russia when they were last partners. But there are far too many good Dance couples in Russia now. So, could we see them representing Jonathon's country of birth, Australia?

Also, any word on what is happening with Kate Push?

CaroLiza_fan

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Bukin supposedly also has a difficult character and Bestemianova and Bukin have both said that he and Elena would be a disaster together. Rumor has it that Stepanova apparently is the only one he can get along with on a daily basis.

uhh

Medalist
Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Bukin supposedly also has a difficult character and Bestemianova and Bukin have both said that he and Elena would be a disaster together. Rumor has it that Stepanova apparently is the only one he can get along with on a daily basis.

based on their childhood skating together ? that's a long time back already
I/K stayed together for a while, so I cant be that bad

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tobias has Lithuanian citizenship, she received it in December & T/S competed in Sochi. They'd be much more likely to be able to compete internationally for Lithuania over making it out of Russian Nationals & could compete as early as Europeans next year if Tkachenko gets his release from Russia.

Ah, I forgot that she did get it in the end. Sorry! :eek::

Yeah, Lithuania would make sense then.

CaroLiza_fan

uhh

Medalist
based on their childhood skating together ? that's a long time back already
I/K stayed together for a while, so I cant be that bad

Not just based on them skating together, he went through a lot of partners before settling with Stepanova. I think Elena & Ivan would look great together, but that doesn't matter one bit if they can't work together, and after her partnership with Nikita it would be totally understandable if Elena wanted a partner without any diva tendencies. And anyway this is moot, as as far as we know, he still has a partner.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not just based on them skating together, he went through a lot of partners before settling with Stepanova. I think Elena & Ivan would look great together, but that doesn't matter one bit if they can't work together, and after her partnership with Nikita it would be totally understandable if Elena wanted a partner without any diva tendencies. And anyway this is moot, as as far as we know, he still has a partner.

In sky_fly20's alternate universe stepanova would just be collateral damage. As for Bukin however to be honest I'm not really the biggest fan.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdjMdHnfVA
Tarasova: “I never heard that a couple being Olympics Champions would split. It is a big gift from that wide Russian soul to the whole World. I will start with their coach Morozov – I think that he broke this couple…in same moral way…I think so, because he always does it, during whole his life he succeeds in it. I have an information…and it is a correct information…both couples are happy, the skate in different teams and we hope in their results…and it is said (like people say this) that it finished well.“

Interesting! So Tarasova is speaking out against Morozov? I guess they are no longer on good terms. It's strange the way this has worked out because she taught him everything he knows - he started out under her wing and she trained him to be the coach he is today. She comes right out and says that Morozov broke up I&K! :eek:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Interesting! So Tarasova is speaking out against Morozov? I guess they are no longer on good terms. It's strange the way this has worked out because she taught him everything he knows - he started out under her wing and she trained him to be the coach he is today. She comes right out and says that Morozov broke up I&K! :eek:

Well, if Elena dumped him, wouldn't this be the perfect revenge?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.

Status
Not open for further replies.