Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt K

On the Ice
So true. I must have missed all the level 1s and 2s they got at the olympics! You can't be successful if you aren't technical.

I think Shibutanis are actually even more inconsistent than I/K in the technical department. As the season goes on, Shibs aren't getting level 4s consistently either and with lower GOEs than I/K in footwork and overall. Shibutanis should go to Igor.

Now here is hyperinflation to comment on why they and D/W are so much better than I/K.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I think Shibutanis are actually even more inconsistent than I/K in the technical department. As the season goes on, Shibs aren't getting level 4s consistently either and with lower GOEs than I/K in footwork and overall. Shibutanis should go to Igor.

Now here is hyperinflation to comment on why they and D/W are so much better than I/K.

i/k are terrible because nikita katsalapov is terrible

lol i dont give a frickle frackle about the shibs, they bring nothing to the table. and if you're going to ding d/w for recycling twizzles every season, you should ding v/m for doing the same thing. they've done essentially the same set of three twizzles for their sd and fd with minor changes every season since 2011-12. it's marina and canton choreography getting lazy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Come on is it really necessary to bash ice dancers (including I/K) here? It doesn't really add anything to the discussion on the topic.

Matt K

On the Ice
i/k are terrible because nikita katsalapov is terrible

lol i dont give a frickle frackle about the shibs, they bring nothing to the table. and if you're going to ding d/w for recycling twizzles every season, you should ding v/m for doing the same thing. they've done essentially the same set of three twizzles for their sd and fd with minor changes every season since 2011-12

V/M vary their upper bodies (arm positions) in their twizzle to fit the character of the dance, at least in the SD like the second set. D/W's twizzles in both SD and FD have been the same for 7 years, regardless of music or character.

And V/M's 2011 FD circular twizzles weren't done by anyone else.

Both V/M and D/W have had crap programs (except a couple of V/M's) but I just hate D/W's more because they are doing everything possible to hide their weaknesses. And they don't have as good partnering abilities. Still bummed that D/W have not done anything interesting or different for 7 years, choreographically.

Katsalapov is a great skater, smooth knees, super deep edges, beautiful gliding. Sinitsina has strong skating skills too. I wish them well together.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I just hate D/W more because they are doing everything possible to hide their weaknesses.

uhhh isn't that just common sense? are you seriously trying to tell me d/w are the only team out there who try to hide their weaknesses and showcase their strengths? this is something literally every skater and every team does...and if they don't then they're stupid because what kind of idiot goes out there to show everyone their weaknesses

Matt K

On the Ice
uhhh isn't that just common sense? are you seriously trying to tell me d/w are the only team out there who try to hide their weaknesses

Coomes/Buckland do this too. Ukrainians H-C/D as well.

Riazanova/Tkachenko is a strange case of this. Except funnily, Riazanova/Tkachenko are decent skaters, not exceptional, but you wouldn't know it by their programs this year. So actually, in this case, Igor is making them look worse than they actually are :laugh: . Who does Igor think he's choreographing for, H-C/D? The case of R/T is a sad one as Igor doesn't know what to do with them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
uhhh isn't that just common sense? are you seriously trying to tell me d/w are the only team out there who try to hide their weaknesses and showcase their strengths? this is something literally every skater and every team does...and if they don't then they're stupid because what kind of idiot goes out there to show everyone their weaknesses

Yes, it's common sense. However, D/W are totally useless dancers who have the most weaknesses but manages to magically make them disappear with their horrible programs that are an offense to all ice dancing fans and society. :sarcasm:

As I said, is it necessary to turn this into a bashing thread?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Still bummed that D/W have not done anything interesting or different for 7 years, choreographically.

i agree they haven't really done anything different and i don't know why v/m gets the reputation for having no range and always doing soppy romantic programs when they've shown more range than d/w who skate to the same dramatic warhorses every year. having said that, i enjoy them so whatever, keep doing what you're good at

tulosai

Record Breaker
but I just hate D/W's more because they are doing everything possible to hide their weaknesses. And they don't have as good partnering abilities. Still bummed that D/W have not done anything interesting or different for 7 years, choreographically.

i agree they haven't really done anything different and i don't know why v/m gets the reputation for having no range and always doing soppy romantic programs when they've shown more range than d/w who skate to the same dramatic warhorses every year. having said that, i enjoy them so whatever, keep doing what you're good at

Guys for serious. Why does everyone always forget Bollywood????? If you are HONESTLY going to try to tell me that that was not interesting or different (especially different) choreographically I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Guys for serious. Why does everyone always forget Bollywood????? If you are HONESTLY going to try to tell me that that was not interesting or different (especially different) choreographically I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Agreed. But more importantly why has this turned from a thread about I/K to a let's negatively discuss every current ice dance team...

So has there been a real confirmation of their split yet? :(
I suppose if they do split, at least they ended on a high note... Olympic bronze in their country and a superb performance for/from them (and team gold too).

hyperinflation

Match Penalty

wow one OD four years ago where folk dance was a requirement, thats range alright...

tulosai

Record Breaker
wow one OD four years ago where folk dance was a requirement, thats range alright...

I also thought their Giselle and their tango were interesting and certainly different for them in terms of what they usually do (and Giselle interesting and different from other things other teams have done generally). I did not enjoy either program as much as I liked Bollywood, but I didn't mean Bollywood was the only example- just the best one.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Instead of hijacking this thread, maybe we could start one titled, "Why does invoking D/W always result in excessive and irrational posts from those who are obsessed with their hatred for them"

Too wordy?

jewel

Rinkside
Instead of hijacking this thread, maybe we could start one titled, "Why does invoking D/W always result in excessive and irrational posts from those who are obsessed with their hatred for them"

Too wordy?

Thanks, I thought this thread was supposed to be about I/K ? :scratch:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Thanks, I thought this thread was supposed to be about I/K ? :scratch:

Yeah I was thought so too! Focus back onto this talented Russian team, both D/W and V/M have retired and are moving on, let us move on too.

BlackPack

Medalist
there is no ego for Elena perhaps. A title is a title, she may not care as much.

I'm not talking about Elena. I'm talking about all the people who call her the Olympic Champ.... kind of weird. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned to wrap my brain around the idea that a Team Medal isn't an Individual accomplishment.

Anyway, I&K will most likely medal big time at Worlds too, so they would still be highly accomplished skaters even if they retired this season. If Elena wants to do something else with her life, go for it.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Too wordy?

Too bad there isn't an icon for a standing ovation, so this will have to do...

:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.