Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks to FSU: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...bukh-interview-(about-Lipnitskaya-Kovtun-I-K)

Ilya Averbukh interview (about Lipnitskaya, Kovtun, I/K)

This is the part about I&K.

Q: Ilya, we discussed that already, I will quickly summarize your words: you don’t think that Ilinykh and Katsalapov splitting is a tragedy, you think that there is no point of trying to get them to reconcile, because most likely, the relationship in the team was unbearable. A few days ago, the minister of sports, Vitaly Mutko, said that he can offer the new teams only regional funding. That they won’t get the same funding, they will have to prove themselves first. Can you explain what it means? You need money for skates, costumes, choreography, summer camps. Many people don’t know how much it costs.

A: I think that the problem with funding will be solved anyway. And Vitaly Leonidivich was absolutely right when he said that both teams have to prove themselves. They made a decision. They were climbing a mountain, got almost on top, and suddenly changed their mind. They slid down. They split up. New teams will have to prove at the National championships, at the Grand Prix, who is better, who can do it. I don’t exclude the possibility that after some time… Something like that had happened once, and that were the only two-time Olympic champions - Oksana Grishuk and Evgeny Platov - they had very complicated relationship. Oksana was a brilliant, temperamental girl, but with such a character… Zhenya, on the contrary, very intelligent, delicate, distanced person. At some point, Platov had had enough and could no longer put up with Oksana’s endless changes of mood. They split.

Zhenya went on to skate with beautiful and quiet Fedorinova. Grishuk went seeking another partner - just like Ilinykh now. She teamed up with Petr Tchernyshev and decided that they would be coached by Linichuk, she went back to her first coach, whom she betrayed when she left her and started working with Dubova. So she skated with Tchernyshev, Platov with Fedorinova fro half a year.

Q: But after that….

A: Platov had probably realized that it’s better to deal with Oksana’s character, but be a champion. He went back to Oksana. Not only that, she got him to Linichuk’s group. God works in mysterious ways. But in this case, everything should go naturally. We need to let it go. The most important thing is to be honest, so that the people who got involved in this situation - Vika Sinitsina and Ruslan Zhiganshin - would not end up being victims, if Ilinykh and Katsalapov say: «We’re back together, we have realized…» Something needs to be done at least on paper, so that Sinitsina and Zhiganshin feel some security… Secondly, to make these important decisions with responsibility. Not just: «Today I want this», and the next day: «Now I want this». To have an understanding, that there is work of a coach behind it…

Q: And soul and choice of another person.

A: That, and the country’s money, too. Where do the money come from? It’s our taxes. The audience support is not only applause, your training is paid by their money, you have to feel responsibility…

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
This will be a lesson to all that talent and hard work alone are not sufficient for a great pair. Also needed in the mix is compatibility with respect to personality types and other related issues.

True. This is something I realize more and more about partnerships the older I get. Whether it is a marriage, a business partnership in an office, or a skating partnership. You need to have personality compatibility and like the person you are with. Having some basic rules in the partnership (eg. not becoming involved with a coach without agreeing on it together, would also be wise).

uhh

Medalist
Awww Elena looks so happy! Obviously you can't tell much from pictures about how they will skate together, we need video, but at least these pictures make it look like they've already developed a good connection

gmyers

Record Breaker
No matter what their relationship g/p always won!! I/k horrible relationship meant horrible disasters like not medaling in gp events, 16th in Tes at 2013 worlds. Never training together for very long from march to October. They basically didn't train together for 6 months in the year. That's why never a nebelhorn or Finlandia. It exllains there wtt performance in 2012. Nothing is better than the breakup of I/k.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Never training together for very long from march to October. They basically didn't train together for 6 months in the year.

Do you have a source for this, please?

Quite incredibly how they managed to have programs to skate to at their GP events if true...

uhh

Medalist

Quite incredibly how they managed to have programs to skate to at their GP events if true...

The source is gymers's imagination. There are plenty of pictures on their social media accounts of I/K working together over the last 3 threes in the summer, videos from test skates in August & so on.

gmyers

Record Breaker

The sources is as always people like zhulin tarasova and staviski. I didn't say there was no training just barely enough for top level competitors.

uhh

Medalist
The sources is as always people like zhulin tarasova and staviski. I didn't say there was no training just barely enough for top level competitors.

Zhulin & Staviski have had nothing to do with I/K since 2011. Tarasova has said nothing negative about their work ethic after they left Zhulin. - And "They basically didn't train together for 6 months in the year" sounds a lot like you were saying no training.

elif

Medalist
game over for I/Z ? basing in pictures alone, they are already a mismatched couple:
http://rsport.ru/photo/20140422/743537254_999.html

also notice Elena is already wearing a practice suit with a train
that is a trademark Kustarova suit, horrible !

I didn't know you were waiting for pictures to claim they are mismatched skyfly.:laugh: I'm shocked:laugh: Just for fun, what did you see in those pictures to think they are mismatched?.:laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:laugh:

I didn't know you were waiting for pictures to claim they are mismatched skyfly.:laugh: I'm shocked:laugh: Just for fun, what did you see in those pictures to think they are mismatched?.:laugh:

the looks alone clearly you can see even from those practice shots
they are mismatched, Sinitsina / Katsalapov already have the upper hand in this alone
I think Nikita made sure he picked the prettiest Ice Dancer in Russia, no doubt their deal was/talked about since December or even earlier

but we'll have to wait how I/Z techniques are compatible

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah because she looks totally MISERABLE in those pictures, quite obvious she is not enjoying working with him AT ALL. :laugh::rolleye:

I was also looking also at Ruslan's looks

and picturing out how Victoria would look with Nikita
sadly the latter will look better together :eek:hwell:

elif

Medalist
they are mismatched, Sinitsina / Katsalapov already have the upper hand in this alone
I think Nikita made sure he picked the prettiest Ice Dancer in Russia, no doubt their deal was/talked about since December or even earlier

WOW I'm happy you are not completely lost your hopes for this ugly couple skyfly. :laugh:

At least you are not claiming he looks like a 16 year olds in this pictures so this means he really doesn't look like 16. :cool: Good for him.:laugh:

pamela

Rinkside

So you have some inside info about S/K's technique being compatible???

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Lena and Ruslan look great!! I am so happy to see that they look good together. Stop the hate Sky-fly20. Nikita and Vik may look like a bombshell ice dance couple but their attitude and personalities are quite known to everyone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.