Page 74 of 185 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2764

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
    I think Zueva is interested in being new coach for S/K. 3 weeks are too long for just a tryout. If it's really only a tryout, than that would mean, they all are really NOT convinced that S/K could work. However- the impression stays that it's unfair on I/Z. I/Z can only make the best of it and use the time for practise.

You don't need three weeks to see if a couple would work. The FED is trying to ascertain how to split the funding between the two teams hence the extended try-out. I believe Kustarova when she says I/Z look good together, what they should do is make use of this time. Trusting Nikita to be the stubborn man that he says he is, there is no way after all of this that he's going back to Lena. Len and Rus should just go full steam ahead, because let's face it, Lena will master new material in a shorter time than Nikita any day so what has she got to lose, nothing. However, I strongly believe Nikita has some strong backing in the FED to make something like this happen, three weeks? Absolute nonsense!!

Custom Title
    Did it ever occur to anyone else that the three weeks is probably more a test to see if a coaching situation with Zoueva would work out rather than a S/K switch, which pretty much sounds like a done deal at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    Exactly. I don't blame someone for ending a partnership if they are unhappy, but all season he was saying how great they are getting on, he said in interviews leading up to worlds they wanted to work even harder to bring back the gold at the next olympics - but at this time he must have already been arranging his partnership with Sinitsina, because the first report in Itar-tass said they heard about it at a show I/K were performing at in Saint Petersburg, and that show was just 2 weeks after the Olympics. And I know from someone who knows Elena very well that she genuinely had no idea this was coming - not just not hearing about a try out specifically, but they weren't disagreeing, no fights like they used to, nothing to suggest their working relationship was breaking down. So I don't blame him for leaving, but I blame him for lying to his partner and his federation.
    When you are skating with a couple in public you are trying to present an image. So just because he's nice to her in front of cameras doesn't mean there are no issues.

Something tells me I/K's relationship had a ton of ups and downs. One moment they are happy the next they aren't.

Even the federation has openly said there were personal issues between I/K.

Perhaps things were better between them, so Elena thought things were fine. But its possible that there had been so much water on that bridge. That Nikita was going to stick around with the Olympics but wasn't convinced things wouldn't go back to the previous incident after the Olympics. So he decided to-switch.

On the Ice
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. But could it be that they are ona 3 week try out to see what Zoueva can do? Instead of knowing if they can work together or not, just Zoueva deciding if she takes S/K under her coaching?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. But could it be that they are ona 3 week try out to see what Zoueva can do? Instead of knowing if they can work together or not, just Zoueva deciding if she takes S/K under her coaching?
    It is quite possible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    However, I strongly believe Nikita has some strong backing in the FED to make something like this happen, three weeks? Absolute nonsense!!
    No, the Federation was doing everything behind the scenes to stop this switch, but they couldn't get through to him because he never explained his motivation. There are people in the organisation still hoping he will see in these 3 weeks how much they have to do as a new team and will reconsider, and Elena has some hope that he will too. Morozov is completely out of the picture because he set the switch in motion & the Fed think he has influenced Nikita too much, and there aren't really any other senior Russian coaches who would take the new team on, everyone in Russia already has 1 or 2 teams, Shpilband has C/L and C/B, Marina is the only one with a vacancy. And this set up works for her - if it doesn't look like S/K will click quickly, she can just say the trial fails, get rid of them, and not have to deal with a new team struggling at first.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Did it ever occur to anyone else that the three weeks is probably more a test to see if a coaching situation with Zoueva would work out rather than a S/K switch, which pretty much sounds like a done deal at this point...
    That is also an option, but the honeymoon stage is hardly the most objective time to assess a coach is it? S/K are set. Sign the papers and get on with it. Katsalapov's bold move plus the leak to the press during worlds has sealed his fate no matter what they look like. It's time to focus on Rus and Len

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    http://ask.fm/Nikita_Chempion
    This page was confirmed to be real Nikita’s page by Adelina Sotnikova.
    He was asked why he skates with Lena if he doesn’t love her and he answered that he and Lena suit very well to each other, that they take skating seriously and that looking at fact what fan writes about – if skaters don’t love each other it would mean that they have to split? – he looks to take this fan’s question like a bad joke. He looks to be sceptic to idea that love and ice relationship must go hand in hand.
    …this question was answered 9 days ago. (When he already knew that he would left Lena for sure.)
    His behavior is very strange, since he has Elena in his background picture and it looks like he changed it in the last month as 26 days ago he posted a screenshot with another Elena picture. Also he is posting old pictures with him kissing Lena. He doesn't seem to have hard feelings for her at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenaNikitaFan View Post
    His behavior is very strange, since he has Elena in his background picture and it looks like he changed it in the last month as 26 days ago he posted a screenshot with another Elena picture. Also he is posting old pictures with him kissing Lena. He doesn't seem to have hard feelings for her at all.
    That's a fake account. It has questions from his old formspring from years ago, the "Elena" accounts he linked to are all fake, she's never had an ask account. Where did Adelina supposedly confirm this is real?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenaNikitaFan View Post
    Or he is trying to clean his image because he clearly looks like the bad guy in front of the majority of his fans.

EDIT: nevermind because its fake oops

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by uhh View Post
    No, the Federation was doing everything behind the scenes to stop this switch, but they couldn't get through to him because he never explained his motivation. There are people in the organisation still hoping he will see in these 3 weeks how much they have to do as a new team and will reconsider, and Elena has some hope that he will too. Morozov is completely out of the picture because he set the switch in motion & the Fed think he has influenced Nikita too much, and there aren't really any other senior Russian coaches who would take the new team on, everyone in Russia already has 1 or 2 teams, Shpilband has C/L and C/B, Marina is the only one with a vacancy. And this set up works for her - if it doesn't look like S/K will click quickly, she can just say the trial fails, get rid of them, and not have to deal with a new team struggling at first.
    Somehow Marina always ends up with pretty ideal situations. Tbh, she really couldn't get any luckier than she is with this "trial." If they don't click, then no time lost or harm done for her...she can even blame it on the newly formed couple instead of her coaching abilities, lol

I have to be honest, I'm impressed by Marina and her ways, lol - She's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    Somehow Marina always ends up with pretty ideal situations. Tbh, she really couldn't get any luckier than she is with this "trial." If they don't click, then no time lost or harm done for her...she can even blame it on the newly formed couple instead of her coaching abilities, lol

I have to be honest, I'm impressed by Marina and her ways, lol - She's something else.
    Marina Zoueva, Star Coach: http://ohyeahvirtuemoirgifs.tumblr.c...a-star-coach-x

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    OMG - - That is absolutely hilarious!!! I sooooo wish that I could watch episodes of "Tessa and Scott." I hear that Marina was stellar, hahaha
    I feel like even if she is slightly shady (which I am not saying I think she is), she has some impressive ways. Have to admire her fire/gumption, lol. I feel like she deserves a discussion all to herself - because everything I know about her intrigues me; and I'm sure there are things I've missed, LOL

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    OMG - - That is absolutely hilarious!!! I sooooo wish that I could watch episodes of "Tessa and Scott." I hear that Marina was stellar, hahaha
    I feel like even if she is slightly shady (which I am not saying I think she is), she has some impressive ways. Have to admire her fire/gumption, lol. I feel like she deserves a discussion all to herself - because everything I know about her intrigues me; and I'm sure there are things I've missed, LOL
    That isn't from Tessa and Scott, I think it's from a series of interviews leading up to Vancouver.
    But here's a masterpost I used to watch Tessa and Scott - the links all worked pretty well. The show... Questionable.
    http://nathaliepechalats.tumblr.com/...er-tessa-scott

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    That isn't from Tessa and Scott, I think it's from a series of interviews leading up to Vancouver.
    But here's a masterpost I used to watch Tessa and Scott - the links all worked pretty well. The show... Questionable.
    http://nathaliepechalats.tumblr.com/...er-tessa-scott
    Thank you Fleeting!!!! Gahh, I have a test tomorrow :( but can't wait to see if they work tomorrow post-test!!! I've heard it has it's bits that are probably true, but that it also probably has its fair share of erm "embellishments" shall we say? Anyways, I'm super excited!

And I didn't realize those were from an interview! I'll have to search for it, haha. But either way, I heard she was a gem on V/M's show, lol.

Page 74 of 185 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 174 ... LastLast