Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

cebi26

On the Ice
After seeing them at Sochi i would never have guessed that they despised each other so much.
Elena looks happy with Ruslan, i'm so glad for her :yay:

Alba

Record Breaker
I know but usually those translations are not good as a native speaker. ;)

You are right and that whay I never try to translate them with google, or other programs. I usually bring translations done by the native speakers.

Now Kustarova is saying Illynkh has to get used to training hard.

So according to you this makes Elena a lazy person? Maybe Kustarova was blaming their coach? Maybe if Nikita was training with her she would've said the same thing, or did you really expect something similar from Zueva?

So it's all about the horrible relationship of I/K that would lead to their breakup which was causing them to spend way too much time apart for good training and consistency

You don't know that at all. In fact, we don't know the reasons behind their split. It could be very well a personal matter that has nothing to do with training or FS.
In fact, my source (a russian journalist who covered Sochi) did tell me just that. I never brought it as a news, let alone as a fact like you are doing, because it was a private info. and I don't like to spread rumors based on gossips.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
After seeing them at Sochi i would never have guessed that they despised each other so much.

Elena & Ruslan looked happy working together in those photos we saw posted yesterday.

Of course you never can tell for sure. Many times we have been surprised when a team we thought liked each other split up.

anyanka

Record Breaker

Even during worlds CBC Sports interviewed them and they looked disappointed after the twizzle disaster, but she wasn't angry with him or anything. They interviewed again the next day when they won the free dance and he said that the performance for them was like a "celebration" (he leaned to her to get the translation as he didn't have the word at that moment) and they looked relieved and happy, and the body language seemed to indicate some support. I honestly would never have guessed they didn't like each other, either. And at Sochi they were supportive and happy.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Even during worlds CBC Sports interviewed them and they looked disappointed after the twizzle disaster, but she wasn't angry with him or anything. They interviewed again the next day when they won the free dance and he said that the performance for them was like a "celebration" (he leaned to her to get the translation as he didn't have the word at that moment) and they looked relieved and happy, and the body language seemed to indicate some support. I honestly would never have guessed they didn't like each other, either. And at Sochi they were supportive and happy.

Yes, I saw those interviews by CBC's Scott Russell on our Canadian network. He asked them how they were doing and they seemed to be in good spirits, particularly Nikita. I don't know if it was just acting for the camera. It is always hard to tell what is really going on with a couple - whether it is a skating couple or a real-marriage of someone you know.

Many times you think a couple likes each other a lot, and the next thing you hear they are getting divorced! Such things can be a mystery. :think:

elif

Medalist
As to your funny note about technique compatibility...
I have a test for you...
2znooid.jpg

...one of the most important thing in technique are edges - deep edges. I took screenshots of skates of all four - Victoria, Lena, Ruslan and Nikita...look at the picture and tell me that you can be sure, whose skates it is. I always took a moments with element where deep edges are necessary of course and I waited for a moments when a couple will have the deepest edges during the whole element.

I know test was for skyfly but how much point I did got sisinka? :laugh: My choices are;
I/K-S/Z-S/Z
S/Z-I/K-I/K

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
The way I read the report is that Kustarova's regime is a lot more intense than Morozov's as a whole and she needs to get used to that. But Vaitsekhovskaya also said in an earlier article Elena chose Kustarova because of it.

Alba

Record Breaker
The way I read the report is that Kustarova's regime is a lot more intense than Morozov's as a whole and she needs to get used to that. But Vaitsekhovskaya also said in an earlier article Elena chose Kustarova because of it.

I agree. :thumbsup:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Kustarova is the coach Grimm Reaper equivalent of notorious ladies singles coach Sokolovskaya
so she's not a good coach at all

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Kustarova is the coach Grimm Reaper equivalent of notorious ladies singles coach Sokolovskaya

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone whose name ISN'T Gracie Gold? Or is Gracie a queen in your head and everyone else in the skating world is just scum?

Alba

Record Breaker
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone whose name ISN'T Gracie Gold? Or is Gracie a queen in your head and everyone else in the skating world is just scum?

Skyfly is like a court jester. Every forum should have one.:biggrin:

hanca

Record Breaker

If she wouldn't be good at all, would she managed to repeatedly bring up couples on the level of junior champions? (It can't be that easy to achieve that. How many recent US dance coaches can say that?)

sisinka

Final Flight
Now Kustarova is saying Illynkh has to get used to training hard. So it's all about the horrible relationship of I/K that would lead to their breakup which was causing them to spend way too much time apart for good training and consistency.

Alba said:
So according to you this makes Elena a lazy person? Maybe Kustarova was blaming their coach? Maybe if Nikita was training with her she would've said the same thing, or did you really expect something similar from Zueva?

Abraxis12345 said:

My understanding of what Vaitsekhovskaya described during her discussion with Alexeeva is that it will be hard to get used to new training system and much harder demandings at practise. Which is much more describing the different way of training schedule and training process of Morozov versus Kustarova/Alexeeva than note about work ethic. In her article Vaitsekhovskaya also mentioned off ice training…I remember an interview of Pushkash & Guerreiro from March 2013, where they described Morozov’s style…
http://www.figureskating-online.com/pushkash-guerreiro.html
Q: What are the differences on practice on and off ice compared to your former coach?
A: Well, this year we are in Nikolei Morozov's group, but our main coach, who is working with us now, is Denis Samokhin, because Morozov is really busy with his single skaters. And he has Japanese and French and different people and doesn't always have the time for us.... so we have Denis. And also that took a lot of getting used to, because he came to us in the middle of the season. So it was a crazy season. But in general with Nikolei...he is more into the on-ice training and just skating and he doesn't really believe in off-ice training, which is different to Natalia’s training which included a lot of ballet and off-ice. In this group he leaves it up a lot to ourselves. If you want to, like us, do off-ice training, we invite personal trainers to not lose what we have worked up before.

To Lena’s work ethic…it was mentioned more times…but in terms of a couple Lena & Nikita… the only person who named Lena’s low working ethic only was the same Vaitsekhovskaya, for the last time in March 2014 (but she also admits that they train better this season):
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?91935-Ilinykh-and-Katsalapov-Swan-Song
Prerequisites to the split of Ilinykh/Katsalapov has been long standing, but they appeared at the time when the situation was rocky. Lena was acting up, feeling her special position in the group, disregarded the regimen, didn’t train enough. Nikita was losing his temper and threw tantrums. The coach had no influence on the situation. People surrounding the team (and especially the press) were blaming all the participants, and the results left much to be desired.
But this season, things have changed most dramatically. In the national team there was not a single person who would not admit that the skaters, as they say, "dig the earth" trying to make up for the time that had been lost for various reasons.

(http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...rova-Deputat&p=4246890&viewfull=1#post4246890 …somebody made an excerps what a journalist Vaitsekhovskaya told about I&K over the years)

This season also Tatiana Tarasova told that a couple started to work, and once again she helped them in preparation - http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/662931 - an interview from 26th of November 2013…“It is a pity that I&K didn’t get into a Grand Prix Final. It is not fair. They started to love practises this season. I like everything what they are doing.“

More people in past time (also at FS Universe Forum) discussed that low work ethic of I&K was just a sort of rumours from Zhulin AFTER I&K left him. This is not true. Since past years I&K were the only dance couple in Russia connected with low work ethic and it was repeated again and again (plus all their mistakes at international or national competitions which only supported that idea). Not only Zhulin (but in moment when a couple still trained under him mentioned that a couple is not working enough), but also their choreographer Ludmila Vlasova noticed “hard work misunderstanding“. And also Tatiana Tarasova who came to Novogorsk to help a couple for the first time in 2011/12 season complained about not good preparation of a couple and misunderstanding of hard work. All those three had a possibility to work with kids for longer time and they all had the same opinion. Vaitsekhovskaya is a journalist who visited I&K’s practise more then once, so she also could notice some things. So I think that “the rumours“ about low work ethic are much more true then rumours. But in most of time both Lena and Nikita are connected to this, not only one of them.

http://www.dni.ru/sport/2011/4/22/211137.html
…Zhulin’s interview from 22th of April 2011 just before World Champs
…“They are not catching up how much is necessary to work to be on first place. They also don’t catch up current Russian dancers….I don’t want to say anything bad about my kids. But it wouldn’t be embarrassing for them to know that foreign skaters are not sitting on one place and they work so much instead…I&K see that the French can skate OD and FD at one practise, and they don’t even try to do the same. They don’t try!“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/139020446.html
…Ludmila Vlasova, ballet dancer and choreographer, she worked with Elena & Nikita under both Zhulin and Morozov…interview is from Morozov’s times…24th of March 2012
…She asked Zhulin why he was so harsch to them in interview noticed above and he answered her that he wanted to give a lash to them and that he was not sorry for it, he was right…
…then Vlasova continued: “Sasha – Alexander Zhulin was a hard worker. I will be more smooth now then Sasha in his comments, but Lena and Nikita really need to understand what Grishuk, Annissina, Averbuhk understood…either train until you don’t feel anything or nothing has a sense. A talent – it is only 10 percents. The rest – it is a work.“

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDwLUTk4e4
…Tarasova is talking after Lena & Nikita’s Russian Nationals SD 2011/12 where Lena fell…
…“They are not strong physically…they don’t fulfill what it necessary to fulfill…I would be surprised to see them skate clean…because that enormous talent they have…it is necessary to learn them to work…mainly to work hard and long…make their base stronger…it is not possible to show talent without a base…“

I must say that watching I&K‘s easy choreographed programs where they still couldn’t avoid mistakes only supported the idea that training process is not how it should be. But now with different partners we will have an unique opportunity to reveal if a problem with work ethic was a problem of both of them or not…now they both have partners which are hard workers, so both Lena and Nikita can show us how much they learnt from previous mistakes and how much they understood the necessity of hard work.

sisinka

Final Flight
I know test was for skyfly but how much point I did got sisinka? :laugh: My choices are;
I/K-S/Z-S/Z
S/Z-I/K-I/K

http://i60.tinypic.com/2znooid.jpg

This test is for everybody, who wants to try...but mainly to Sky_fly20...like a reaction for his hesitating about technical compatibility of I&Z...I wanted to prove that both couples have an equal technique and skating skills especially looking at edges. Sure cleaning of free leg's position and body posture is better in Kustarova's S&Z but I took only skates and edges to make a test more interesting.

I will say the right answers tomorrow.

For you Elif, it is 2/6, you were correct twice. But it is a good result, the test is really difficult. :);)

Alba

Record Breaker
At our school (art school) it was written all over the wall, big letters, at the entrance: "A talent is only 10 percents. The 90% is hard work. Lenin“ :biggrin:

I fully agree with that.

sisinka

Final Flight
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1020033869.html
…from 22th of April…
…Alexander Gorshkov says that a new Ilinykh’s partner will be known in a one month: “A changement of partners – it is not an easy process. It is necessary to try, to look at how much are they doing well, how much are many things consistent / identical. And to look at a perspectives. Deadline is not specified, but I think that it will not be longer than in one month.“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1020079792.html
….from 24th of April, Russian Federation‘s meeting…they don’t support a split if I&K and S&Z. Federation will return to this question after meeting all required procedures. Final resolution will be taken until 31st of May.

I don’t know what to think once again. It is another waiting time…while all other top couples are preparing for new season, those two couples are not guaranteed who they will skate with. But because time is running fast both couples will prepare new programs for sure…with new partners…(Vaitsekhovskaya already announced it in her article for I&Z). Then both couples will come to meet Federation… after one and a half months of training camp with new partners, with new lifts, new programs, new skating style which would suit to a new partner….and in this moment Russian Federation will start to think what to do with them…whether to persuade them to come back to old partners or not… Silly a little bit?

And what risk Russian Federation takes? Mutko told that kids must look for money in region, they will get no money from Russian Federation. If a couple will not prove that they are one of top couples….simply they will not be allowed to be a part of National Team, what else? Why to make so loooong waiting?

And also…Russian Federation should probably stop believing in miracles…instead of planning what they want / don‘t want…they should ask Mister Nikita about his opinion throught web camera…probably they would be surprised.
Nikita posted an answer on his ask.fm where he says that all things which he wrote sooner about a relationships with Lena was clear true, that they started to quarrel later. That he can’t say that he is the only one to blame, but that a bigger part of blame goes to him. That he knows that people don’t like his new partner Viki, but until later (for the time being - looking into a dictionary for translation) he will be in couple just with her. He wishes Lena a success in a couple with Ruslan. He hopes that they (Lena & Ruslan) will find an understanding between them and a support for each other.

There are talks at Russian Forum about many things, but last day people started to disccuss even so crazy things about who is more / better build. Also for them Nikita had an answer on his instagram/webstagram page with shirt off clenching all his muscles.

Well, he really doesn’t want old times back…but Russian Federation wants time…

Status
Not open for further replies.