Page 77 of 189 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Adelina Sotnikova confirmed this account like the real Nikita's account:
    http://ask.fm/adelyasotnikova/answer/109605540019

Here Adelina wishes the best at Worlds and once again she posts this Nikita's account:
    http://ask.fm/adelyasotnikova/answer/110897533107
    She links to two different accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Is May 31st the deadline for Russian pairs, or for the entire ISU?
    Just for Russia. I'm not sure when the deadline for submitting skaters for grand prix events is though. If it's before May 31st they'd have to be settled before then if they want the spots they are entitled to as returning split couples.

Custom Title
    Of course S/K is going to work out. I can picture them being a V/M clone already (if they can fix Viktoria's various problems). Why isn't the Fed more worried about I/Z working out? Who in Kustarova's group ever really worked out? Why don't the Fed send them to an impartial party to test out their compatibility? Doesn't seem all that fair or smart.

After I stopped blaming Nikita, I'm starting to really worry about Lena being fizzled out like a Samuelson or a Murkhotova. If Marina gets S/K to success rather quickly, no one is gonna be talking about Diva Ilinykh in a year's time, and I so can not have that.

Custom Title
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140414/742954907.html
    Like somebody already mentioned today Mutko repeats that financial side is on regions now until moment when a couple will get into a National Team. He told that he announced it to kids to let them understand all risks.

Custom Title
    http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/703150
    Gorshkov says that a split and a changement‘s topic needs a delicacy and patience mainly from the media. He says that media wants to know everything and that he would like them to be more delicacy and patient. And a very interesting sentence about coach who is working with Viki and Nikita: “The will try with one coach, then, maybe with another coach.“

Well, the President of Russian Federation, Olympic Champion in Ice Dance…and he thinks that it all needs a patience…while all other teams are already preparing for next season… and he is asking patience to waste time to prepare new teams properly, perfect. I expected that a head of Russian Federation will support Russian skaters, not help American and Canadian and other European skaters to get more time to prepare better…well, I was wrong.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    I expected that a head of Russian Federation will support Russian skaters, not help American and Canadian and other European skaters to get more time to prepare better…well, I was wrong.
    Yes, things are changing in Ice Dance, and Russia and Europe don't dominate as much as they used to because there are more American and Canadian teams who are competitive now.

Some people in North America were worried before last month's Worlds that with Virtue & Moir and Davis & White absent, it might mean the end of North American strength in Ice Dance. There was a concern that W&P wouldn't ever get on the podium, and that Canada and the U.S. might lose their 3 dance spots. As it turned out, W&P replaced V&M on the podium, and both Canada and America retained 3 spots.

So you are right that Russia cannot take anything for granted. W&P are now on the podium, and C&B, The Shibutanis, G&P and P&I are all in the Top 10 and are becoming more competitive.

Custom Title
    The climate in Russian ice dance for me is just primitive with too much unhealthy rivalries between schools. This just leads to infighting and myopic thinking on the part of their skaters. In other skaters I think it may have contributed to unhealthy or desperate choices; case in point Ilinykh with Morozov. The Americans and Canadians and others are just laughing there way unto the podium. I wonder if things would have been even more testy if Katsalapov did indeed make his twizzles and I/K had won WC.

Custom Title
    What new coach for I/Z? The article said it was S/K maybe moving on to another coach after Zoueva's tryout. Not I/Z.

I/Z said they are working with Kustarova.

Custom Title
    I/Z are not waiting on S/K they are moving full speed ahead. Good for them, now I don't feel so worried. Let's face it you have four talented people here. They can't go too wrong. Katsalapov's greatest love right now is Scott Moir, I mean his skating. He has jumped at the chance to be coached by Scott's mentor with a girl he probably has a friendly relationship off ice. AFAIK, Elena completely ignored him off ice for reasons only they know. He is good friends with Max and Tanya, so maybe he wanted that sort of partnership for himself. He was not going to have that with Lena, so game over. I can sort of begin to understand his actions as a somewhat naive 22 year old. It will work to their advantage I believe if I/Z also do very well as the fed will be willing to trust that at least one pair will provide great returns on their investment. But enough of getting all emotional now, it's time to just get on with it. So glad to hear that I/Z are not letting this get them down. I hope they get some good help from their own experts.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    The climate in Russian ice dance for me is just primitive with too much unhealthy rivalries between schools. This just leads to infighting and myopic thinking on the part of their skaters. In other skaters I think it may have contributed to unhealthy or desperate choices; case in point Ilinykh with Morozov. The Americans and Canadians and others are just laughing there way unto the podium. I wonder if things would have been even more testy if Katsalapov did indeed make his twizzles and I/K had won WC.
    I guess Lena had known about the split before WC?

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Ilinykh/Zhiganshin needs a Shipilband like coach to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two
    Yeah, because Nikita and Victoria are masters in technique. Please, give me a break with your bias for the blonde girl.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I guess Lena had known about the split before WC?
    I doubt really... Maybe there was a talk about switching coaches, but I believe Pechalat when she said she found out before the SD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Yeah, because Nikita and Victoria are masters in technique. Please, give me a break with your bias for the blonde girl.
    excuse me ?

Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background
    at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership still waiting for Ivan Bukin to announce his split with Stepanova because she has continuously been growing since last fall as their coaches have mentioned, there is still a few more months left before the season start, so a split can still happen, this will be very beneficial for Bukin-Ilinykh partnership

Ivan Bukin is the only skater good enough for Elena, no other Russian male skater is at her level, aura and power on the ice
    he can do fast twzzles like Elena too unlike Ruslan !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    What is this comment about ilynikh and morozov being desperate and unhealthy? What's this about? How are you judging that?

What are the facts? I/k were great in potential but horrible most of the time in execution. That's a fact! 16th in Tes in 2013 worlds. 16th. Not medaling at NHK. I/k were a joke most of the time.

Custom Title
    I think it was a decision taken without any input or discussion with her. She may not even have learnt it directly from either Nikita or Morozov. She was waiting on them to man up and say something to her directly but it never happened. So either she was hoping to call their bluff or they would speak to her directly before going to worlds. It would appear that neither gentleman did this. So as any determined woman would have done she said well you can just......and kept on walking

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    excuse me ?

Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background
    at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership still waiting for Ivan Bukin to announce his split with Stepanova because she has continuously been growing since last fall as their coaches have mentioned, there is still a few more months left before the season start, so a split can still happen, this will be very beneficial for Bukin-Ilinykh partnership

Ivan Bukin is the only skater good enough for Elena, no other Russian male skater is at her level, aura and power on the ice
    he can do fast twzzles like Elena too unlike Ruslan !
    Oh please go look back at all their routines, Ruslan can hold his own, just give him time. How quickly we forget what a complete mess Katsalapov used to be as well....By the way of all four of them, I think Lena can do twizzles in her sleep..

Page 77 of 189 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 127 177 ... LastLast