Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 77 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

flickerzuns

Spectator
then better spend it on skater friends
if she spends so much time then, shouldnt have Elena Ilinykh chosen rhyhtmic gymnastics like her BFFs ?

Who's to say that she's not doing some training with the gymnasts? It's not completely unheard of for athletes to train with people from different disciplines in order to target different aspects of their sport. The story that always sticks out to me is a reversal of someone going outside of FS to train but I know there are a number of NHL players who have trained with either figure skaters or figure skating coaches during their hockey career in order to focus on efficiency of movement and agility on the ice. I believe a few NHL teams actually have Barb Underhill as a consultant. She could be training with gymnasts for a variety of reasons. Even if she isn't, as long as she's putting her time in it doesn't really matter who she's hanging out with.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You omitted the best part of that article. That Plushenko is officially confirmed as part of the team and apparently he will be back on the ice training for the new season in June.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUG!!!!! I AM SORRY FOR MY LANGUAGE!!!! DAFUG IS HAPPENING IN RUSSIAN FED? THEY ARE OVER THE MOON WITH 3 GOLD MEDALS, DRINK TOO MUCH VODKA OR ANYTHING????
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Cant say I am surprised, it was very obvious throughout the season. At least they got their medals.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
then better spend it on skater friends
if she spends so much time then, shouldnt have Elena Ilinykh chosen rhyhtmic gymnastics like her BFFs ?

What the hell goes through your head? She's only allowed to have skating friends? She trained/trains in Novogorsk, which is where the national rhythmic gymnastics team trains, all of whom are approximately her age - she's not allowed to speak to them? What is your problem?! Why do you care who she's friends with?
Karolina Sevastyanova (a good friend of hers and a member of the 2012 Olympic gold medal winning group) is almost exactly her age, they've likely known each other for a while if they've both trained in Novogorsk, they both live in Moscow, they're both high-ranking national team members (although Sevastyanova has retired) - is there a law against two teenagers being friends?

Alba

Record Breaker
I just can't keep track of who is skating with who!

:laugh:
It's more complicated than The Bold and Beautiful where I couldn't keep track of who was sleeping with who. :biggrin:

What the hell goes through your head? She's only allowed to have skating friends? She trained/trains in Novogorsk, which is where the national rhythmic gymnastics team trains, all of whom are approximately her age - she's not allowed to speak to them? What is your problem?! Why do you care who she's friends with?
Karolina Sevastyanova (a good friend of hers and a member of the 2012 Olympic gold medal winning group) is almost exactly her age, they've likely known each other for a while if they've both trained in Novogorsk, they both live in Moscow, they're both high-ranking national team members (although Sevastyanova has retired) - is there a law against two teenagers being friends?

Yep. Apparently people are not allowed to have friends outside their working environment. Unless of course you are called Gracie Gold. :popcorn:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I honestly think they are doing this because they know one of these pairs will not fare very well, maybe based on feedback from coaches of both new pairs. So they are giving all of them time hoping someone from the four will crack.

Sounds like a plot from a soap opera or a political thriller. :popcorn:

But I'm just not sure you can put a partnership back together when you have this level of trust that has been breached. How do they know the partnership wouldn't split open again?

bramweld

Record Breaker
Sounds like a plot from a soap opera or a political thriller. :popcorn:

But I'm just not sure you can put a partnership back together when you have this level of trust that has been breached. How do they know the partnership wouldn't split open again?

That is the real plot behind this entire thing; these two cannot work together again and neither can S/Z. How each of them walked out on their partners is just mind blowing. You mean to say there was no way to soften the blow for either of them? If I am not mistaken S/Z have skated together for 10 years and this is how Victoria ends things with Ruslan?

So this steam blowing by the fed is just for show. The fed is going to jolly well endorse them come May 31st, albeit putting them on an extensive probation period namely the whole season. Mutko et al. must be appeased apparently. My word what an absolute mess. If two people have sufficient grounds for a "divorce" who alone but God can change things? Why not just be silent and allow things to play out? It may teach all concerned important lessons.

Don't they all realize how absolutely deranged they all look and sound? Ugh!!

Alba

Record Breaker
If I am not mistaken S/Z have skated together for 10 years and this is how Victoria end things with Ruslan?

This is something I can't let it pass. I mean even if I don't like the way I&K parted, I understand there were problems between them even before that, so I don't feel to put all the blame on him. Victoria though it's a totally different matter. I think Ruslan deserved a much better treatment from her.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
That is the real plot behind this entire thing; these two cannot work together again and neither can S/Z.

It's certainly true today that some couples break up too quickly and easily cite "irreconcilable differences" without bothering to work it out.

On the other hand, if a partnership has completely deteriorated, it can be difficult to put back together.

There just seems to be so much drama involved and maybe there have been a lot of other external pressures on these teams for a while. In the case of I&K in particular, weren't there comments on the NHK Dance thread last fall commenting on how Elena was breaking into tears at some point during the competition and looked very stressed out?

Many athletes visit with a sports psychologist, and I'm beginning to wonder if that would be a good idea for some of these Russian dance teams. :think:

bramweld

Record Breaker
This is something I can't let it pass. I mean even if I don't like the way I&K parted, I understand there were problems between them even before that, so I don't feel to put all the blame on him. Victoria though it's a totally different matter. I think Ruslan deserved a much better treatment from her.

Unless of course they (S/Z) also have their issues but these have remained under wraps. Ruslan probably thought that all was well because Victoria may not have voiced her displeasure about things. She can choose to act however she wants. As a figure skating fan OTOH, I just want to know what I can look forward to in the next season. What I would like to say to the fed is this: this is not a life or death issue we just love to see good skating. Two pairs of happy skaters are much more pleasant to watch than two pairs of unhappy people.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Unless of course they (S/Z) also have their issues but these have remained under wraps. Ruslan probably thought that all was well because Victoria may not have voiced her displeasure about things. She can choose to act however she wants.

Well, supposedly Victoria is now Nikita's girlfriend. So some people say that is why she wants to skate with him now.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, supposedly Victoria is now Nikita's girlfriend. So some people say that is why she wants to skate with him now.

Oops, well he's not going to back down now. You know if these four were Americans, they still had their number one team and they knew they had great juniors coming up, this would not even make news. They would have collectively rolled their eyes and moved on. It must be the excess vodka, what else could lead to this lunacy?

But wait I/K just became the new number one's right? Well I'm just speechless as to the crassness of what has just transpired here.

temp

Rinkside
Lena should fight to remain with him (Ruslan). Nikita seems too volatile a personality. They would not fare well if forced to work together after this. That ship has sailed:bang:

By the way what does this post say, if it can be properly translated without any swear words?
http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-705916103700176523_23894534

Nikita is asking to keep any commiserations, discussions and advice to forums, etc. created by the fans of figure skating. His instagram account is created for sharing his life's moments with his fans. Thanks for understanding. Basically, he is asking the fans to take their negativity, advice etc. elsewhere rather than post comments on his instagram account.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Nikita is asking to keep any commiserations, discussions and advice to forums, etc. created by the fans of figure skating. His instagram account is created for sharing his life's moments with his fans. Thanks for understanding. Basically, he is asking the fans to take their negativity, advice etc. elsewhere rather than post comments on his instagram account.

Clueless...

bramweld

Record Breaker

If he and Victoria have orchestrated this split for at least three months now and neither he nor her has given a dignified and respectful, reason for the collapse of two great pairs, didn't he not think that persons would flood his social media with concerns? It seems he is totally oblivious to the implications of his actions because he is primarily focused on himself. If he had any class he could have sorted things out fairly amicably for both teams, but what you have is a thoroughly embarrassed federation (Although I believe someone in the fed must have been aware of this on some level, even the rumours?). Hence my use of the term "clueless".

bekalc

Record Breaker
If he and Victoria have orchestrated this split for at least three months now and neither he nor her has given a dignified and respectful, reason for the collapse of two great pairs, didn't he not think that persons would flood his social media with concerns? It seems he is totally oblivious to the implications of his actions because he is primarily focused on himself. If he had any class he could have sorted things out fairly amicably for both teams, but what you have is a thoroughly embarrassed federation (Although I believe someone in the fed must have been aware of this on some level, even the rumours?). Hence my use of the term "clueless".

I actually give him credit for NOT giving this huge interview talking about all the reasons that he's ended the partnership. What's he suppose to say all the bad things that happened between her/him. How is that going to make things more amicable or make things better.

He owes his federation an answer for sure, but I think not going into the sordid details is the right thing.

He even said you could put more of the blame on him.

You can disagree with him breaking it off, but I give him credit for NOT trying to defend his reasons publically. There's nothing good that can come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.