Page 78 of 189 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background
    at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership
    His look has nothing to do with the lack of technique you were implying, for both of Elena and Ruslan, in your comment. So leave the look out of it.
    According to you they need Shpilband "to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two"
    Do you really think that S&K are so good with the overall technique?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Oh please go look back at all their routines, Ruslan can hold his own, just give him time. How quickly we forget what a complete mess Katsalapov used to be as well....By the way of all four of them, I think Lena can do twizzles in her sleep..
    Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    I/Z are not waiting on S/K they are moving full speed ahead. Good for them, now I don't feel so worried.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html

What's the article saying on this regard?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    His look has nothing to do with the lack of technique you were implying, for both of Elena and Ruslan, in your comment. So leave the look out of it.
    According to you they need Shpilband "to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two"
    Do you really think that S&K are so good with the overall technique?
    looking at the new potential partnership to form
    I//Z are of more disadvantage and need to fill in more of the gap than S/K
    I/Z will be skating together because their previous partners left them, not necessarily their own choices

Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period
    OMG! We get it, you don't like his look, me neither. Can we move on now and talk about the ability to dance because that's what gives you gold medals? If it were for the looks, Nikita and Elena would've dominated the last four years.

Banned
    I have a feeling Team Elena might end up doing better than Team Nikita. I feel funny even saying that like it would be a surprise, when it really shouldnt be as she is clearly the more talented and technically sound skater of the two; but it seems more of the hype now is around his new pairing so I guess to some it would be.

tripping on the toe pick
    Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening
    Damn. No way they are ever gonna get level 4 lifts, twizzles and step sequences, then.

Based on what exactly, lifts only? They could very well work perfectly. What else?

I/Z will be skating together because their previous partners left them, not necessarily their own choices
    Which could very well work in their favor. Ask Ilya Averbukh, he knows very well why.

Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    Damn. No way they are ever gonna get level 4 lifts, twizzles and step sequences, then.
    Precisely.

On the Ice
    Thats true. Maybe I/Z's tryout results are not successful and maybe the fed will encourage a tryout with Bukin... Too many maybes.
    But it could happen, I see S/K's tryout being more successful than I/Z's and it will result in keeping the first, splitting the second and find new partners for them... The worse that could happen is that the Elena and Ruslan miss the whole season, but if it turns out in more adequate partnerships then it should happen.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening
    When does growing beard have anything to do with all the techniques?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    We need a GS alarm for when Pangtongfan / SkyFly_20 / CSG are all logged in at once

For the record I expect better skating from Elena than Nikita. Team Elena #1

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Based on what exactly, lifts only? They could very well work perfectly. What else?

Which could very well work in their favor. Ask Ilya Averbukh, he knows very well why.
    Anissina didn't immediately hook up with Irina's new partner, she looked around first. I think its possible Averbukh doesn't regret his choice. He doesn't have Olympic Gold but he has an OS and a World title...

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    We need a GS alarm for when Pangtongfan / SkyFly_20 / CSG are all logged in at once
    For the record I expect better skating from Elena than Nikita. Team Elena #1
    Those 3 would make a team, the strongest team ever if our forum has ever entered a skating competition. With PTF as the choreographer, CSG as the coach and Skyfly as the skater.

Anyways, I am in team Elena, too. I hope she will show him how badass she is, kick him in the butt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Anissina didn't immediately hook up with Irina's new partner, she looked around first. I think its possible Averbukh doesn't regret his choice. He doesn't have Olympic Gold but he has an OS and a World title...
    There is no saying he would achieve more with Anissina than he did anyway. Ilia might be a better skater than Gwendal, and Marina is almost certainly a better skater than Irina, but there is something to be said for chemistry and how the teams work together. I dont see Averbuhk & Anissina being the best match for some reason.

He married Lobacheva, so I dont think he regrets at all having a successful career with his wife and many years of spending doing what he loves most with someone that important in his life, as opposed to putting up with diva Anissina for years (who anyone deserves a medal for).

Page 78 of 189 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 ... LastLast