Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

elif

Medalist
I actually give him credit for NOT giving this huge interview talking about all the reasons that he's ended the partnership. What's he suppose to say all the bad things that happened between her/him. How is that going to make things more amicable or make things better.

He owes his federation an answer for sure, but I think not going into the sordid details is the right thing.

He even said you could put more of the blame on him.

You can disagree with him breaking it off, but I give him credit for NOT trying to defend his reasons publically. There's nothing good that can come out of it.

Manipulation again:laugh:

''you could put more of the blame on him.'' means actually he isn't one to blame but he takes blame.
''bigger part of blame goes to me'': means I'm one to blame.

I'm amazed of your work. :laugh: You can even change ''bigger part of blame goes to me'' sentence and paint Nikita as a white knight :laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I actually give him credit for NOT giving this huge interview talking about all the reasons that he's ended the partnership. What's he suppose to say all the bad things that happened between her/him. How is that going to make things more amicable or make things better.

He owes his federation an answer for sure, but I think not going into the sordid details is the right thing.

He even said you could put more of the blame on him.

You can disagree with him breaking it off, but I give him credit for NOT trying to defend his reasons publically. There's nothing good that can come out of it.

My dear, we don't even know if that account is real. We do not need an interview with him about this. He did a deplorable job of this already when they left Zhulin. One simple joint statement from them respectfully stating an understandable reason for the split (incompatible working styles, he and Victoria are a couple, dream to work with scott moir) and wishing all well would have sufficed. No sordid details needed. Social media, unless it's something like facebook, is not the right place for such a statement.

I am quite relieved that they're no longer together. The impending break-up rumours were annoying almost every season. They have always been a toxic pairing from childhood so it is the right time for both of them to move on.

bekalc

Record Breaker
My dear, we don't even know if that account is real. We do not need an interview with him about this. He did a deplorable job of this already when they left Zhulin. One simple joint statement from them respectfully stating an understandable reason for the split (incompatible working styles, he and Victoria are a couple) and wishing all well would have sufficed. No sordid details needed. Social media, unless it's something like facebook, is not the right place for such a statement.

I am quite relieved that they're no longer together. The impending break-up rumours were annoying almost every season. They have always been a toxic pairing from childhood so it is the right time for both of them to move on.

Your missing my point. I think if he said don't talk about it on my account it's a good thing and I don't think he should give an interview. I don't think an explanation would work. Maybe he has grown up and learned from the Zhulin thing. When I/k and Zhulin started snipping at the press no one looked good.

Meoima

Match Penalty
All the folks in Russian Fed should just change their job. They are better at writing soap opera. :unsure: First one ice dance team split up, second another team, then a pair skaters split up, then another rumors, then an epic come back... :popcorn:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Your missing my point. I think if he said don't talk about it on my account it's a good thing and I don't think he should give an interview. I don't think an explanation would work. Maybe he has grown up and learned from the Zhulin thing. When I/k and Zhulin started snipping at the press no one looked good.

He has not learnt how to deal with PR issues like these apparently. The main reason being he went about this with the wrong motives. If both of them were up front with their partners from the beginning they could have created a brave united front that maybe all would understand. He could also have asked respectfully for some privacy during this difficult time and ask that their social media not be inundated with unwanted and negative comments. The situation needed some class. So after he's pretty much given everyone the bird, with his silence, he is an Olympic champion, he's upset that people want answers? He missed the boat where all this is concerned. He has every right to request that persons not abuse his social media accounts with unwanted dialogue. Its the how and the when that he did not do properly.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Oops, well he's not going to back down now.

The reason I mentioned the report that Victoria is apparently Nikita's girlfriend is because it might explain why Victoria decided to leave her partnership with Ruslan out of the blue to skate with Nikita. That might be a motivation to do so.

The assertion that Victoria is Nikita's girlfriend comes from a thread about I&K on FSU. That's where I read people talking about it.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The reason I mentioned the report that Victoria is apparently Nikita's girlfriend is because it might explain why Victoria decided to leave her partnership with Ruslan out of the blue to skate with Nikita. That might be a motivation to do so.

The assertion that Victoria is Nikita's girlfriend comes from a thread about I&K on FSU. That's where I read people talking about it.

I honestly wish this thread was over already. Why doesn't the fed just let them go? What they're doing will not give them the desired results.

elif

Medalist
Good PR work from Zoueva :laugh: While Kustarova inviting journalist and federation officials to practices and posted pictures of them, Nikita is on social media and showing whatever fans wish from him. :laugh: I like this work ethic from Nikita :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Good PR work from Zoueva :laugh: While Kustarova inviting journalist and federation officials to practices and posted pictures of them, Nikita is on social media and showing whatever fans wish from him. :laugh: I like this work ethic from Nikita :laugh:

:biggrin:

bekalc

Record Breaker
He has not learnt how to deal with PR issues like these apparently. The main reason being he went about this with the wrong motives. If both of them were up front with their partners from the beginning they could have created a brave united front that maybe all would understand. He could also have asked respectfully for some privacy during this difficult time and ask that their social media not be inundated with unwanted and negative comments. The situation needed some class. So after he's pretty much given everyone the bird, with his silence, he is an Olympic champion, he's upset that people want answers? He missed the boat where all this is concerned. He has every right to request that persons not abuse his social media accounts with unwanted dialogue. Its the how and the when that he did not do properly.

Up front with what. Apparently it was well known that he had a try out, there's talk that Elena was talking about quitting before. And its common practice to try out with others, even if you have a partner. Right before worlds, I can totally see why he wouldn't choose to tell his partner that he was leaving. So they could focus on winning worlds.

Unless HE purposely planned on it being leaked beforehand, I see nothing wrong with him planning on telling Elena after his obligation (Worlds was over) Same with Victoria.

And as for explanation, I'm not sure what explanation he can give. I think the explanation given on his site is enough. (I.e they started fighting again, personal issues)

Anything other than that and people are going to want details. And once again, that helps NO ONE.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Well, hopefully the Federation will sign off on these 2 new partnerships next month and put everyone out of their misery.

uhh

Medalist
Nikita hasn't bothered to give Elena an explanation of why he wanted to split, so I guess we can't expect him to be straight with anyone else.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nikita hasn't bothered to give Elena an explanation of why he wanted to split, so I guess we can't expect him to be straight with anyone else.

Well, it's Elena's birthday today, so maybe Nikita was saving the explanation up to give to her as a birthday present...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELENA!!! :rock: ::party2: :hb:

I don't know if the rumours about Viki and Niki seeing each other are true or not. But if they are, is the reason for the split with Lena not obvious?

Who would you rather dance with - your current girlfriend, or your ex girlfriend who dumped you for a guy over twice her age?!

But, given what has happened with Elena, I am amazed that Nikita is willing to go down the route of dancing with a girlfriend again.

Personally, I think what this whole saga has taught us is that it is better in the long run if you do not get into a relationship with your skating partner... and definitely not with your coach!

CaroLiza_fan

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I don't blame Nikita for being tired of all the social media harassment and I think all of them are just ready to move on. All of them are getting harassed to some degree whether it is blame for partner stealing, partner dumping, or endless requests of photos and videos together. I think they are all sick of the scandal.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't blame Nikita for being tired of all the social media harassment and I think all of them are just ready to move on. All of them are getting harassed to some degree whether it is blame for partner stealing, partner dumping, or endless requests of photos and videos together. I think they are all sick of the scandal.

Agree.

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Up front with what. Apparently it was well known that he had a try out, there's talk that Elena was talking about quitting before. And its common practice to try out with others, even if you have a partner. Right before worlds, I can totally see why he wouldn't choose to tell his partner that he was leaving. So they could focus on winning worlds.

Unless HE purposely planned on it being leaked beforehand, I see nothing wrong with him planning on telling Elena after his obligation (Worlds was over) Same with Victoria.

And as for explanation, I'm not sure what explanation he can give. I think the explanation given on his site is enough. (I.e they started fighting again, personal issues)

Anything other than that and people are going to want details. And once again, that helps NO ONE.

If he did want to leave Elena because they had issues tell me why did he had to break another ice dance couple? (million dollar question)
I don't understand what Victoria's deal was, even if she is dating Nikita, does that give her the reason to just split from her partner? There even weren't any reports that she and Ruslan were having issues so just out of blue she picks up her skates and leave him. Sorry but I would never support athletes like that. As far as Nikita's recent answer and pictures are concerned, I see them as childish actions. He definitely needs to grow up. There are people discussing FS on Elena's instagram pictures as well, but I don't see her whining.

uhh

Medalist

Nikita just tweeted that the ask.fm account is not him. (And that everyone asking him for answers & speculating is just jealous because they want his life & can't have it!!1!!)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Nikita just tweeted that the ask.fm account is not him. (And that everyone asking him for answers & speculating is just jealous because they want his life & can't have it!!1!!)

Saw it. Whoever will coach him in the future will have a handful. Doesn't he have a clue as to how to handle himself in public? I hope he stays with Zueva so that Maia and Alex can teach him a thing or two..

elif

Medalist

WOW. He is even worse than Patrick Chan:laugh: At least Chan never blamed fans for jealous of him:laugh:

Russian Federation should give him some PR lessons. Look at Sotnikova for example. Hers was much much much worse than this bu she never said ''you are jealous of me because you can't have my olympic gold medal'' She is 17 years old by the way. :cool:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If he did want to leave Elena because they had issues tell me why did he had to break another ice dance couple? (million dollar question)
I don't understand what Victoria's deal was, even if she is dating Nikita, does that give her the reason to just split from her partner? There even weren't any reports that she and Ruslan were having issues so just out of blue she picks up her skates and leave him. Sorry but I would never support athletes like that. As far as Nikita's recent answer and pictures are concerned, I see them as childish actions. He definitely needs to grow up. There are people discussing FS on Elena's instagram pictures as well, but I don't see her whining.

Elena is rumored to be having more of the work ethic issues amongst the two
and they said Ilinykh is lazy in practices that is why she gained weight

Status
Not open for further replies.