Page 79 of 185 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2764

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Those 3 would make a team, the strongest team ever if our forum has ever entered a skating competition. With PTF as the choreographer, CSG as the coach and Skyfly as rhe skater.
    Well of course you would have to make myself or Skyfly the choreographer for any hope of a successful team. CSG wouldnt know anything about actual artistry in skating if it bit him in the behind, so coach would be the only possible position for him (not that he would be likely to succeed even in that, but atleast you give a small fighting chance).

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Anissina didn't immediately hook up with Irina's new partner, she looked around first. I think its possible Averbukh doesn't regret his choice. He doesn't have Olympic Gold but he has an OS and a World title...
    Because she couldn't. She had to be released first.
    Anyway, I'm not speaking about regrets, but the motivation that a split like this can give you.
    Ilya said the same thing, for example, in ref. to Elena e Ruslan. This is regardless of whether Elena and Ruslan are going to end up as e couple or not.
    For me for example would be a great push/motivation to do very well, and send my previous partner to hell and beat him every time.
    So, my point is that it can be a blessing in disguise. The fact that they were left, and it was not their choice doesn't necessary have to be negative.

Custom Title
    One responds to sky_fly20, gmyers etc at your own risk. Or better yet ignore if a sensible conversation is to be had. Now I need to duck

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period
    I think it's probably true that looks matter more in ice dance than they do in the other disciplines. Dance has different performance aspects than singles and pairs. The look of a team, their costumes & their personalities, probably all have more impact on the judges - whether consciously or unconsciously.

But while I agree that looks matter, I'm not sure if they have as large of an impact as you are suggesting. Looks get noticed, but it's not a modeling competition - the skaters have to have some technical ability and dance well together, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Because she couldn't. She had to be released first.
    Anyway, I'm not speaking about regrets, but the motivation that a split like this can give you.
    Ilya said the same thing, for example, in ref. to Elena e Ruslan. This is regardless of whether Elena and Ruslan are going to end up as e couple or not.
    For me for example would be a great push/motivation to do very well, and send my previous partner to hell and beat him every time.
    So, my point is that it can be a blessing in disguise. The fact that they were left, and it was not their choice doesn't necessary have to be negative.
    Well exactly but Anissina strikes me as a very motivated person. In terms of Ilia, if he's main goal was Olympic Gold, he wouldn't have chosen the partner he went to.

I'm not convinced he and Anissina had it. Watching their junior worlds program, he had this big classical style and Anissina didn't so much in that program. Would have loved to seen him with a Navka or Angelica.... (unless they height wouldn't have worked)

He really was a fabulous ice dancer.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Well exactly but Anissina strikes me as a very motivated person. In terms of Ilia, if he's main goal was Olympic Gold, he wouldn't have chosen the partner he went to.

I'm not convinced he and Anissina had it. Watching their junior worlds program, he had this big classical style and Anissina didn't so much in that program. Would have loved to seen him with a Navka or Angelica.... (unless they height wouldn't have worked)

He really was a fabulous ice dancer.
    You are focusing too much on Anissina and Ilya, but my comment was not about them. I took them as an example to say that the fact that Nikita left Elena doesn't mean it's not gonne work for her or Ruslan, whether they are going to end up together or not.
    On the contrary it might work very well, or even better, because it is also about motivation, and Anissina found herslef in the same situation and look her career. It's about how someone can react in similar situation.
    As Ilya himself said about Elena and Ruslan: "Both are emotional, colourful, young, besides, they are the hurt party, which will give them a boost." He knows what's he is talking about. It doesn't mean that he has regrets for his choice of course.

I agree with you about Ilya. He really was a great dancer and would've loved to see him skate with Navka.
    I can't picture him with Angelica tbh.

You are focusing too much on Anissina and Ilya, but my comment was not about them. I took them as an example to say that the fact that Nikita left Elena doesn't mean it's not gonne work for her or Ruslan, whether they are going to end up together or not.
    On the contrary it might work very well, or even better, because it is also about motivation, and Anissina found herslef in the same situation and look her career. It's about how someone can react in similar situation.
    As Ilya himself said about Elena and Ruslan: "Both are emotional, colourful, young, besides, they are the hurt party, which will give them a boost." He knows what's he is talking about. It doesn't mean that he has regrets for his choice of course.

I agree with you about Ilya. He really was a great dancer and would've loved to see him skate with Navka.
    I can't picture him with Angelica tbh.
    I think Elena is an incredible talent. However, while she's more consistent than Nikita, many say he has the better skating skills...

However, In general my concern with Elena and her new partner is the amount of thought put into the partnership. Irina Rodinova a nationwide search went on. Anissina put some big thought into it too.

I guess my thing is that I would like to see Elena give a few guys a try before quickly finding someone else. I always thought she'd be fab with Tkachenko although maybe he's to old. Or Butkin.

Banned
    However, while she's more consistent than Nikita, many say he has the better skating skills...
    Who would that many be. His mom and dad?

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Who would that many be. His mom and dad?
    I lot of people over at FSU, for one. Say that Nikita has better skating skills.

Custom Title
    I lot of people over at FSU, for one. Say that Nikita has better skating skills.
    Skating skills mean nothing if you can't hit your elements, and throughout their career Nikita has tended to be the one who struggled for consistency. I would agree he has the stronger skills, but the difference between them was much more marked 2 years ago. Elena has gained a lot of power and cleaned up her edges over the last couple of seasons.

Banned
    Someone with such great skating skills wouldnt struggle to even mantain balance in a complicated twizzle sequence 60% of the time.

Custom Title
    What's the article saying on this regard?
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html
    ...an interview with Elena Kustarova, Lena and Ruslan's coach...

“Practises of Lena and Ruslan are going very well. But they just begin – so it is too soon to judge. I can say yet that they are comfortable with each other, that they found a common language immediately. They have a common target – to win.“
    When will Russian Federation announce final decision about I&K?
    “I have no idea, we would like to know it also. At least kids became a couple, they train, they work. And what Federation think about it – we don’t know.“
    So you are in dependent situation until now?
    “I wouldn’t say so. We work. Federation got to know that kids became a couple and started with practises. Tomorrow a representative of Federation will come to us – to see kids. If he/she will come or not – I don’t know.“

Custom Title
    I guess my thing is that I would like to see Elena give a few guys a try before quickly finding someone else. I always thought she'd be fab with Tkachenko although maybe he's to old. Or Bukin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20
    Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period.
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela
    Thats true. Maybe I/Z's tryout results are not successful and maybe the fed will encourage a tryout with Bukin... Too many maybes.
    But it could happen, I see S/K's tryout being more successful than I/Z's and it will result in keeping the first, splitting the second and find new partners for them...
    Yes, Lena should take the most suitable partner for herself. While Victoria and Nikita decided for all those four skaters probably Lena and Ruslan should be free to choose partners on their own also...just the make conditions for all those four skaters equal.

Lena is a girl/woman who spend in figure skating many years - since she was four years old, she knows surroundings, off ice and behind the scenes rules, what is "in" and what is not "in". She certainly had many offers with who to skate with and she had certainly offers for tryouts - with Russian boys as well as with skaters from foreign countries. And she chose Ruslan.

Sky_fly20, how can you explain that a girl who knows figure skating and its behind the scenes rules prefers tryouts and now practises with ONLY ONE SKATER which is called Zhiganshin. What can be a reason that such beauty and skater with great skating skills chose somebody who you described like high school boy with almost all skating and non-skating qualities on poor level. Is girl blind? Or is she too young to make serious decisions? Or are you going to tell me that after getting fired from Nikita, she immediatelly fell in love with Ruslan? Or what? Or maybe she doesn't feel like 30 years old woman who would be too old for 21 years old young looking man...maybe she saw some qualities which is figure skating world discussing and only you don't know about it...

Overall there are three possibilities why Lena wanted Ruslan only until this time...
    a) she got mad after Nikita's poor behaviour
    b) she thinks that Bukin and others are much worse that very bad Ruslan
    c) she thinks that she chose the best dancer and she likes how he skates/dances and want to skate/dance with him

Yes, she skated with Bukin and the kids didn't get along well, now they are older and more wise. It would be so easy to call Ivan and ask him for tryout...but Lena didn't do it. Why? Does she know something what you don't, Sky_fly20?

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Someone with such great skating skills wouldnt struggle to even mantain balance in a complicated twizzle sequence 60% of the time.
    We don't know why he struggles with it. If they do have practice issues and reports were they did it, it may b he needed more practice on with his partner, but didn't get to have.
    Some people need to have more practice in order to feel confident with their programs.

In general I think both he and Elena had consistency issues as a team. We will have a much better understanding of what the problem is, when they have new problems and how the team performs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership still waiting for Ivan Bukin to announce his split with Stepanova because she has continuously been growing since last fall as their coaches have mentioned, there is still a few more months left before the season start, so a split can still happen, this will be very beneficial for Bukin-Ilinykh partnership
    Can you just stop and explain me in what things Lena will overshadow Ruslan? In beauty? That's great, beautiful lady and partner who can present herself and still dance great, it sounds well, this is the same what Ruslan did past few years with Victoria, so nothing new. In which other things she will overshadow him? In temperament, passion? Come on. Lena is in trouble to make more than two dynamic arm's moves, but Ruslan can save it, he is a temperament "high school boy". What else? In rhythm? Come on, he feels the rhythm while she misses the rhythm, but maybe he will lead her in way that she will keep the rhythm also. Or is she going to overshadow him with not finished moves, head forward and not extended free leg? Funny.
    Ruslan like any other skaters has much work to do, no doubts about it - in lifts, spin, consistency...really a lot of work, but realise that Lena has also some mistakes which should be repaired if she wants to be not only beautiful but also great dancer in future. She knows things which Ruslan need to improve - she can learn him twizzles which she is best in, he will learn her keep the rhythm and maybe he will wake up temperament and dynamics in her movements. Maybe he could also try to explain her that coming fully into a music/story means to look at her partner more that at judges, who knows.

As to being build like high school boy or girl - it reminds me of Charlie White, young Gwendal Peizerat, but also young Dubreil, and Meryl until today - did it stop them in front of dancing and showing mature and top level programs? Certainly not looking at Olympic and World results.

Some of you mentioned Zueva's article about Meryl not having perfect body for ice dance, if Zueva would be like you, Sky_fly20, and put everything into face and body build only....America wouldn't have Olympic Gold Medalists....and maybe even Scott Moir would be in danger, in 2010 he was far to well build boy in Vancouver.

Page 79 of 185 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 129 179 ... LastLast