Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

elif

Medalist

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Saw it. Whoever will coach him in the future will have a handful. Doesn't he have a clue as to how to handle himself in public? I hope he stays with Zueva so that Maia and Alex can teach him a thing or two..

you know I wonder why people keep calling elena a diva. Clearly nikita is the one with diva tendencies :laugh:

uhh

Medalist
Elena is rumored to be having more of the work ethic issues amongst the two
and they said Ilinykh is lazy in practices that is why she gained weight

The mysterious they. The only concrete things that have been said was a) by Tarasova & Zhulin when they worked with him when he said they both relied too much on their talent over hard work to get them results, and b) by Vaitsehovskaya in 2011 when she said Morozov had no control over Elena to make her work the way he wanted in practice and Nikita was difficult because he would throw temper tantrums when things didn't go his way. For the last two seasons, no one from the federation or in the media has said there was anything to complain about, instead they have been praised for learning to work together so well & training so hard for this season.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The mysterious they. The only concrete things that have been said was a) by Tarasova & Zhulin when they worked with him when he said they both relied too much on their talent over hard work to get them results, and b) by Vaitsehovskaya in 2011 when she said Morozov had no control over Elena to make her work the way he wanted in practice and Nikita was difficult because he would throw temper tantrums when things didn't go his way. For the last two seasons, no one from the federation or in the media has said there was anything to complain about, instead they have been praised for learning to work together so well & training so hard for this season.

She probably told him to stuff his bad attitude somewhere and walked away when he was in a particularly bad mood. Also in the season before the Olympic season she was nursing an injury (dislocated shoulder). Reading between the lines in some of his interviews I think he thought that she was often making much ado about nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if Nikita had made plans to leave the partnership at least a year in advance. Lena was probably hoping though that their improved results would make him reconsider. Hope dies last as they say. They had always had a difficult partnership and so she probably thought that was just her fate. So I am so glad to see her finally happy with Ruslan. Her smiles just seem different.

sisinka

Medalist
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743764433.html
Nikita Katsalapov…interview from 25th of April…
“I gave no announcement about a split and new partner. I am in USA now, I don’t give any interview and I don’t talk to press at all. But visibly somebody in social nets registrated under my name and they start to come with some ideas and nets, without making sure of trustfulness, spread it and pump a situation. “
“I think that it is not fair and it is beyond all borders. Instead of allowing people to work normally, our media tries to upset them.“

sisinka

Medalist
Nikita just tweeted that the ask.fm account is not him. (And that everyone asking him for answers & speculating is just jealous because they want his life & can't have it!!1!!)

Very interesting. So somebody plays Nikita and writes messages about a situation…
Some things may me wonder about few moments…
1) ask.fm Nikita’s account exist already 2 months or so, this mysterious person is answering many questions…and Nikita never mentioned anything wrong …until today…maybe he didn’t know….but
2) showing picture off shirt he proved that he was reading Russian forum where people made fun and discussed “body competition“ of Nikita and Ruslan, the same forum where people also talked about his ask.fm account and nice words towards Lena there, but he never sooner denyed that account…
3) Nikita was not posting any picture or posts at his real account since World Champs, ask.fm writer didn’t post anything after around 4th of April – a day when Nikita told Lena about a split…suddenly Nikita posted new pictures two days ago…and suddenly our ask.fm writer wrote a post…
4) one of pictures at ask.fm is from an aeroport – a bad quality picture of Nikita and Plushenko with quote that a name of bad photographer will not be revealed….both Plushy and Nikita were not posing at those pictures (which you usually do, if you are photographed by a fan)… http://ask.fm/Nikita_Chempion/answer/108499486183
5) another picture shows Sochi sportmen from plane plus picture with Adelina and Julia from aeroport hall….http://ask.fm/Nikita_Chempion/answer/108489756647
Those last two pictures look like that our mystery “non Nikita“ is somebody who was with Nikita in a plane from Sochi and both Nikita and Plushenko knew him/her because they didnt pay attention to him/her (they would if a fan asked them about a photo).
6) why Adelina Sotnikova confirmed this account like real? Maybe Nikita should give her a call and explain her…for me it was mainly her confirmation which persuaded me that it is real Nikita’s account….who else that people who are meeting him frequently should know which account is real and which not…this is also one of way how are people in contact if they are not at one ice rink.
7) another question from me…why so late? A post was written 2 days ago, Nikita’s answer was almost one day later…one day during which there were many (mainly negative) reactions to this post. I understand that media answer was late because it was probably almost night in Russia when a post was posted. But Nikita is in America where it is around 8 hours back in comparison with Russia, so he had around a half day to write on his instagram that this account is false. But he did it later, only around 8 hours ago in this moment…but he was online it that time when a post occured, because he send that shirtless photo…(I am almost sure that somebody from his fans immediately send him a message that ask.fm had that post, there are many people for sure who were watching all his accounts to notice all changes immediately). So why so late reaction….especially mentioning that reaction in media was very very angry. Nikita says that media tries to upset sportmen sending unconfirmed info (but that post was discussed mainly at forums, not in official media as I know)…but he himself agrees for “shirtless war“ sending off shirt pictures??? So he wants a publicity or don’t want a publicity???

sisinka

Medalist
Only two... Ehh good for me :laugh: Mostly I checked boots or ice for some hint:laugh: Point taken, they mostly have good edges and girls are better than boys.:agree:

Unfortunately I didn't find any Sky_Fly20 attempt to say whose skates are on those pictures....a pity.

So....the results are...
I&K, I&K, I&K,
S&Z, S&Z, S&Z,

...four of those pictures are taken from 2014 World FD, because I wanted the last competition of this season, one picture is from this season's SD of I&K and one picture from last season's FD of S&Z. I must say that Nikita didn't have the deepest edges at second and third pictures unfortunately, but I really tried hard to find the best edges a slow motion was offering.

sisinka

Medalist
This is day of bif words from tough guys, really...

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743733264.html
25th of April...Maxim Trankov says that Russian Federation can’t keep sportsmen together if they don’t want. That if a people don’t want to, they will never work together. There are important a close human relationships. He says that Viki became a tall beauty and Ruslan stayed small. While in a couple of Lena & Nikita – they achieved some goal and Nikita wanted a new chapter in his life. Trankov also mentions that he was also criticised in press a lot (after his split with Mukhortova), that a few people believed in him and Tanya, but as a result – they have what they have (he probably talks about all those Gold medals). He wishes a success to all. He thinks that both couples will have a bright future.

Heights difference is sometimes interesting…I was looking for heights difference between partners:
Lena – 164 cm, Ruslan - 179 cm, = 15 cm
Victoria – 168 cm, Ruslan – 179 cm, = 11 cm
Lena – 164 cm, Nikita – 180 cm, = 16 cm
Victoria – 168 cm, Nikita – 180 cm, = 12 cm

Virtue – 165 cm, Moir – 180 cm, = 15 cm
Davis – 160 cm, White – 175 cm, = 15 cm
Aldridge – 164 cm, Eaton – 178 cm, = 14 cm
Stepanova – 168 cm, Bukin – 182 cm, = 14 cm
Lobacheva – 165 cm, Averbuk – 177 cm, = 12 cm
Krylova – 171 cm, Ovsiannikov – 183 cm, = 12 cm
Navka – 170 cm, Agosto – 182 cm, = 12 cm
Hawayek – 160 cm, Baker – 170 cm, = 10 cm
Domnina – 173 cm, Shabalin – 183 cm, = 10 cm
Annisina – 163 cm, Peizerat – 173 cm, = 10 cm
Denkova – 165 cm, Staviski – 173 cm, = 8 cm
Monko – 170 cm, Khaliavin – 177 cm, = 7 cm

Sky_fly20 and some others like to point to a fact that a couple doesn’t look well having small heights difference – how funny that top couples of past years had rather smaller heights difference, some of the most elegant couples like Annisina & Peizerat and Domnina & Shabalin only 10 cm. Or Lobacheva & Averbukh and Krylova & Ovsiannikov 12 cm. Another argument is that a couple with small heights difference will be in trouble to make great and demanding lifts. So, come and watch some couples with more heights difference.

Bigger heights difference:
Riazanova – 166 cm, Tkachenko – 182 cm, = 16 cm
Zhiganshina – 165, Gazsi – 182 – cm, = 17 cm
Bobrova – 166 cm, Soloviev – 183 cm, = 17 cm
Pushkash – 170 cm, Guerreiro – 187 cm, = 17 cm
Pechalat – 163 cm, Bourzat – 180 cm, = 17 cm
Chock – 157 cm, Bates – 187 cm, = 20 cm
Maia Shibutani – 160 cm, Alex Shibutani – 180 cm, = 20 cm
Weaver – 168 cm, Poje – 191 cm, 23 cm
Coomes – 152 cm, Buckland – 182 cm, = 30 cm

Nobody will doubt that Coomes and Chock have great lifts, Shibutani and Pechalat are also very good in lifts. Weaver and Bobrova are more average in lifts part, Bobrova‘s lifts looks to be executed heavily sometimes. But Riazanova lifts are less than average, there is no beauty or easiness in their lifts, Pushkash is very poor in lifts and Zhiganshina is…simply not good. And Lena & Nikita lifts even with 16 cm of heights difference means an average executed lifts with poor balancing and heavily look. So, yes more centimetres between partners may help in lifts but it is not the only thing. Denkova, Davis, Virtue were the top couples in lifts – difficult and demanding lifts – and their heights difference is not enormous.

I think that Maxim Trankov has an opinions from his pair cathegory where lifts are more demanding plus throw and twist jumps…but dance cathegory is a little bit different. And a part where he points that Vika grew to be tall beauty and Ruslan stayed small…this is funny if you realise that from 11 cm heights difference with Ruslan Viki jumped into ice relationship with Nikita where is 12 cm heights difference– this is really not big improvement.

Small note from me – Trankov is Nikita’s close friend, he always supported him (he was one of those people who agreed that even with two big mistakes in Russian National‘s SD this season – I&K should be leaders after it), so I suppose that Trankov was discussing with Nikita the situation. If Trankov persists that Russian Federation shouldn’t persuade them to stay together if they don‘t want and he is protecting Nikita in some way…so there is a big chance that Nikita’s opinion is exactly like that.

And another small note…when Nikita wants be quiet and ask media for better attitude and not writing everything they will find on net…why is his close friend open to media? Then it looks like that Nikita doesn’t like a criticism but he doesn’t mind a positive feedback and support…but this is not description of situation from all sides from media then.

sisinka

Medalist
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743754409.html
...25th of April...
Mutko says that there shouldn’t be such stress and push towards Lena and Nikita as to choice of new partners. He says that everything will be OK, that kids must figure out themselves. If there is a new couple, they have to get into elite. He says that he knows Lena and Nikita well, they achieved a result together, but now they need to get a right to choose, that they (Lena and Nikita) have to choose, not an officials.

noidont

Final Flight
Well. Ruslan is small, not short, per se.

I'm glad Trankov is Team S/K's designated spokesman...Now we know for sure that Viktoria dumped Ruslan because he "stayed small", and Nikita dumped Elena because he just wants something new. Also, Trankov is by implication comparing Lena to Maria Murkhtova...all very fine, succinct points. Well done Max. Keep it coming please.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm glad Trankov is Team S/K's designated spokesman...Now we know for sure that Viktoria dumped Ruslan because he "stayed small", and Nikita dumped Elena because he just wants something new. Also, Trankov is by implication comparing Lena to Maria Murkhtova...all very fine, succinct points. Well done Max. Keep it coming please.

:laugh: Trankoov is the spokesman for every skater out there. :popcorn:

elif

Medalist
Unfortunately I didn't find any Sky_Fly20 attempt to say whose skates are on those pictures....a pity.

So....the results are...
I&K, I&K, I&K,
S&Z, S&Z, S&Z,

...four of those pictures are taken from 2014 World FD, because I wanted the last competition of this season, one picture is from this season's SD of I&K and one picture from last season's FD of S&Z. I must say that Nikita didn't have the deepest edges at second and third pictures unfortunately, but I really tried hard to find the best edges a slow motion was offering.

I should have thought about that:laugh: Thanks sisinka! At least I can show them sky-fly, when he begans to talk about blonde beauty:laugh:

This is day of bif words from tough guys, really...

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743733264.html
25th of April...Maxim Trankov says that Russian Federation can’t keep sportsmen together if they don’t want. That if a people don’t want to, they will never work together. There are important a close human relationships. He says that Viki became a tall beauty and Ruslan stayed small. While in a couple of Lena & Nikita – they achieved some goal and Nikita wanted a new chapter in his life. Trankov also mentions that he was also criticised in press a lot (after his split with Mukhortova), that a few people believed in him and Tanya, but as a result – they have what they have (he probably talks about all those Gold medals). He wishes a success to all. He thinks that both couples will have a bright future.

Cleary one of us are not remembering well.:confused: Everyone was very happy finally he is free of Mukhortova and finally Volosozhar going to have good partner.:confused: Everyone was very positive of him even before break up, peoples in forums talked how emotion only comes from him while they are skating with Maria, how he is stronger than her.... I'm refusing to believe ''only a few peoples believe him'' sentence.I understand he is friend with Nikita but their break up and Nikita/Elena is totally different things.:rolleye:

sisinka

Medalist
But no need to finish this day in a bad mood...
Lena has birthday today and in four days Viki will also celebrate her birthday...let's wish both of them partners they wish to have (and for us many great dances in future)...

Lena made some photo of her with Ruslan (not shirtless like in Nikita's case, but full of good mood).
5ybuhx.jpg

hanca

Record Breaker
Well. Ruslan is small, not short, per se.

I understand that Trankov is trying to help his friend (Nikita) but I have to say, comparing I/K with his own situation in the past with Mukhortova is rubbing me the wrong way. Although I have been a big fan of Volosozhar-Trankov, his big mouth is gradually turning me off him. It seems that I will have to find another favourite pair.

Alba

Record Breaker
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743754409.html
...25th of April...
Mutko says that there shouldn’t be such stress and push towards Lena and Nikita as to choice of new partners. He says that everything will be OK, that kids must figure out themselves. If there is a new couple, they have to get into elite. He says that he knows Lena and Nikita well, they achieved a result together, but now they need to get a right to choose, that they (Lena and Nikita) have to choose, not an officials.

To whom is he speaking? Because the only people who are pushing them is the Russian Fed. They have already chose with who they want to dance.

Nice pic. by the way. Thanks sisinka.:)

p.s. Somebody should tell Ruslan to pull his hair back, please. Look at Yagudin before and after.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I understand that Trankov is trying to help his friend (Nikita) but I have to say, comparing I/K with his own situation in the past with Mukhortova is rubbing me the wrong way. Although I have been a big fan of Volosozhar-Trankov, his big mouth is gradually turning me off him. It seems that I will have to find another favourite pair.

This is just vintage Trankov. Time will teach him. Maria and Elena are two completely different entities. From what I can gather then Nikita has been telling all who could hear (his friends that is) that Lena is the cause of ALL his problems. Poor little thing. I hope for his sake that his mouth doesn't get him in trouble, because I am certain that pairs having similar if not worse issues could have walked off with world championship gold 2 months ago.

Morozov I find in general robbed Lena of any real choreography, all the focus was shifted to Nikita. I don't know if this was intentional or the man is just a misogynist. Appease the man while I have my way with his partner. He is the lowest of all dirty scum, IMHO. However I digress. But when I recall some of I/K's great performances I must say that Lena is capable of great ice dancing, she can be truly remarkable if given the right material. I hope her team serves her and Ruslan well.

He is getting on my last nerve comparing Maria to Lena. :disapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.