Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, there is a slight resemblance to Yagudin when he was really young.

More than resemblance I was thinking about his hair style. I remember Yagudin when he first made the transfer to Tarasova and USA.

His hair were like this: http://s267.photobucket.com/user/sharon1965_photos/media/alexei and the girls/img89348.jpg.html (very similar to Ruslan's hair)

and look at him here: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/acp/soramame/favorites/gsfinal01/men/alexei_fs2_ex.html

A small change and it can make a lot of difference.

sillylionlove

Medalist
At this point it might just be easier to make a list of couples who are staying together. I don't think the list would be that long!

bramweld

Record Breaker
I actually feel bad for Sinitsina because she is getting the brunt of the social media harassment.

Sinitsina and Katsalapov are elite athletes. If you're going to make a bold move like this, you need to do a number of things;

1. Thank your respective partners publicly for the work done over the years
2. Ask the public to understand that this was a decision they needed to take and ask them for their support during this very challenging time
3. Thank the public for their support over the years and
4. Finally ask them for their support as they embark on this new adventure.

Remember, the ice dance community is small. In eight years maybe they'll be ending their competitive careers and these will be people they'll have to work with again so a little respect goes a long way. The way they did it this was disrespectful to both their partners and the figure skating community at large regardless of prevailing issues in either original pair. This is the way it looks to me, correct me if I'm wrong. Nikita is saying that if the fed doesn't approve of the new pairings Lena and I will continue in a pair. Maybe the same goes for Ruslan and Victoria. In his mind this is just a simple business transaction; payback for her rejecting him. Or better yet they couldn't care less how any of this looks. It's like they expected their partners to go on a vacation while they had a try-out for 4 wks, it just says a lot about the character of these two people and it isn't pleasant.

So my feeling is if they can do the crime be prepared to do the time. When he spoke out today he had every opportunity to make a statement but he chose to say how the media attention is preventing him from getting on with the business at hand. Something about this just comes across as very mean spirited. I hope I am wrong about this, because I don't want to see either of them back with their former partners.

joannix

Rinkside
More than resemblance I was thinking about his hair style. I remember Yagudin when he first made the transfer to Tarasova and USA.

His hair were like this: http://s267.photobucket.com/user/sharon1965_photos/media/alexei and the girls/img89348.jpg.html (very similar to Ruslan's hair)

and look at him here: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/acp/soramame/favorites/gsfinal01/men/alexei_fs2_ex.html

A small change and it can make a lot of difference.

That´s true!!! And to be honest Ruslan was the one who got my attention when he was dancing with Victoria, she could be a gorgeous gal and a fine dancer but Ruslan is fantastic in my eyes (Maybe it has to do his balletic basics?) so I really hope he and Elena can make it together in ther new partnership :yay:

Alba

Record Breaker
Sinitsina and Katsalapov are elite athletes. If you're going to make a bold move like this, you need to do a number of things;

2. Ask the public to understand that this was a decision they needed to take and ask them for their support during this very challenging time

I 100% agree with you.

Nikita is saying that if the fed doesn't approve of the new pairings Lena and I will continue in a pair.

Really? I didn't know about this. :unsure:

joannix

Rinkside

:agree:

Bramweld Spot on!!! :) But...I didn't realize he was saying that if he and Viktoria don't get approved that he's going to skate with Elena... :disapp: At this point, now that they've all sort of moved on, I hope Elena and Ruslan get to continue on with their partnership (since it looks to be doing ok). And if Nikita and Viktoria get approved, then good for them....and if they don't, well....I'm kinda past wanting I/K together tbh since I feel like this kind of went down dirty...

Also, what's up with Morozov now? Who is he going to coach since his possible S/K set-up is no longer his...

bramweld

Record Breaker
Bramweld Spot on!!! :) But...I didn't realize he was saying that if he and Viktoria don't get approved that he's going to skate with Elena... :disapp: At this point, now that they've all sort of moved on, I hope Elena and Ruslan get to continue on with their partnership (since it looks to be doing ok). And if Nikita and Viktoria get approved, then good for them....and if they don't, well....I'm kinda past wanting I/K together tbh since I feel like this kind of went down dirty...

Also, what's up with Morozov now? Who is he going to coach since his possible S/K set-up is no longer his...

At this point who cares about Morozov? :disapp:

Just speculating here. I so hope I'm wrong I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ELENA WITH NIKITA again. Enough now.

Elena and Ruslan look happy practicing together. And Ruslan certainly seems enthusiastic about their partnership, considering how many pictures of them he tweeted :)
https://twitter.com/Zhiganshin_Rus

Yes! :) It looks like they're both happy and doing well together, so I hope it's not just appearances because they're cute. Actually, Ruslan is pretty adorable - I'd never fully realized it before, but he's a cutie.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
But...I didn't realize he was saying that if he and Viktoria don't get approved that he's going to skate with Elena... :disapp:

Nikita said this? He has a lot of nerve just assuming that he can demand his old partner back whenever he feels like it. :mad:

Perhaps he should consider leaving skating entirely. You can't just change your mind every 2 minutes about whether you want to partner with someone.

Nikita said this? He has a lot of nerve just assuming that he can demand his old partner back whenever he feels like it. :mad:

Perhaps he should consider leaving skating entirely. You can't just change your mind every 2 minutes about whether you want to partner with someone.

I know! I'm not sure if he said it. Someone on here a couple of pages back read/translated an article I believe and said that. But, if it's true, it's just ludicrous!

elif

Medalist

Its just a speculation. According to speculation he is not giving any sordid details of his former partnership because he wants to leave the door open If current one doesn't work. If its true we will hear a lot of blame/awful details from Nikita just after the test skates, when he feel he is safe.

sisinka

Final Flight
Is this a new article? It looks from the date but I don't know if there is anything new and what is written. http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743754409.html

Translation already posted yesterday.

sisinka said:
...25th of April...
Mutko says that there shouldn’t be such stress and push towards Lena and Nikita as to choice of new partners. He says that everything will be OK, that kids must figure out themselves. If there is a new couple, they have to get into elite. He says that he knows Lena and Nikita well, they achieved a result together, but now they need to get a right to choose, that they (Lena and Nikita) have to choose, not an officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.