Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisinka

Medalist
I know! I'm not sure if he said it. Someone on here a couple of pages back read/translated an article I believe and said that. But, if it's true, it's just ludicrous!

No, I am sure that he never said anything like that. Only that post in wrong account at ask.fm that Viki is his temporarily partner was strange - but if it was somebody else or Nikita just changed his opinion in one day and deny it, this is no more actual.

From my notes:
It is more Nikita's silence and Russian Federation's behaviour that lead to a possibility that Federation will push things back - Federation is giving him time to think about a split, to tryout for whole month with Zueva, to decide if he wants to change partners or no...and because Nikita never spoke openly to the media and now he is abroad and connection with him is zero once again...then no one knows what happens in his head. Lena and Ruslan train, but they are still under stress and press that Nikita will come back and say....what he can say by the way:
1) 98% - "I want Victoria" ....yes, we notice that he wants her, finally he is brave enought to say it publicly.
2) 1% - "No, it was a mistake with Viki, I want another girl....not Lena"....in this moment Viki will be free and Russian Federation will push Ruslan to skate with her again (because they had great results, they had synchro, they are used to each other)...but suddenly Lena will stay without partner....
3) 1% - "No, I don't want to skate with Viki, I want Lena back"....this is what Russian Federation hopes for probably....in this moment, in this situation, Nikita will destroy 1,5 months work of I&Z and their team, he will take Lena back, but who knows how will trainings look like, Ruslan and Viki will be forced by Russian Federation to skate together...how will both Nikita and Viki be able to explain their partners that it was just a mistake and almost joke I don't really know. Another question - will Lena forgive Nikita?....and will Ruslan forgive Victoria?...in such matter that their on ice relationship will not be touched and they will be able to work together and dance together without any unfriendliness inside of couple?

So, Nikita has time to think and he may come back with 3 possible decisions....in 2) and 3) situation he will destroy I&Z and their team work, and once again he will destroy Ruslan's possibility to adapt on new situation....it is like Nikita would think towards Ruslan: "One month I take your partner from you without any explanation, then I will think for 1,5 months if I want her or no, then I will told somebody (not you, Ruslan) that I keep her for myself....no, maybe I will give you her back....no, no, no, maybe I will let her to anyone and...wait! You skate with my ex-partner? She looks happy with you??? Never. I want her back and you, Ruslan, take who you want, she (Lena) will be mine (again)."

While Nikita's behaviour towards Lena looks like: "I will never skate with you again, never, I simply don't want, no matter what. Russian Federation pushes me to skate with you, but I don't want, don't want and don't want. I persist on it sooooo much that they finally give me time to be with Zueva. I train and train... of course I will never come back to Lena. But maybe if Zueva will not be sure about me and Viki, I will start to think to come back to Moscow with a proposal for another partner. Or if trainings go hard I will come back to Lena and not think about misunderstandings and try to work once again. How about Viki? I took her from Ruslan, it was my idea...but, you know, girl is almost grown-up, she will certainly save herself if I kick her out and take Lena back. And Lena will forgive me for sure. She looks happy with Kustarova and Ruslan, but who cares what she wants, I want her or I don't want her - this is the question - my question only!"

I am quite liberal as to choosing partners but it should be done in more classy way definitely. What I don't understand is the fact that Russian Federation gives so much opportunities to Nikita and no opportunity to Lena and Ruslan. If he is free to choose with who to skate, where to skate and he is given even such long time....why are Lena and Ruslan stopped and kept in vacuum until Mister Nikita decides. Nikita's decision can effect both Lena and Ruslan in a very bad/uncomfortable way. Who ever asked Lena and Ruslan what they want? Nobody! Even Viki, even Nikita. So both Lena and Ruslan stayed alone without partners....but they didn't give up and cried in the corner...they did the best possible thing in that moment, they started to train together not to loose practise sessions...and because they like it and coaches like it - they want to skate together....and suddenly once again somebody will come to them and say: "No, I don't care about you plans, it will be how I want." And once again a life will change for Lena and Ruslan and they will have no possibility to say anything about it. What is it? If Nikita is free to make such BIG decisions, Lena and Ruslan as the affected ones should be given the same opportunity, no?

And Russian Federation only supports this vacuum situation. Nikita is not child anymore. If somebody makes wrong decision and regrets it, it happens fast in one day maximally. Like he/she is sorry that mouth was faster then brain. But if it takes longer it is more than just a mistake in Nikita's head, it is really his decision especially if he was able to come to US to spend there one month under such coach like Zueva. Maybe Nikita's decision was wrong, time will show us, but in this moment there is no way to think that a guy just didn't realise what was this about. Why is Russian Federation thinking the opposite...yes, there is still 1% of chance that Nikita will change his opinion, but no way to think that he really didn't want to break with Lena....and 100% of sureness that he really doesn't want Lena, but he skates with her because he was not able to find common language with another lady (in a situation that Nikita would really change his decision).

No, I am sure that he never said anything like that. Only that post in wrong account at ask.fm that Viki is his temporarily partner was strange - but if it was somebody else or Nikita just changed his opinion in one day and deny it, this is no more actual.

Thanks for clearing that up!! ....I was confused by those comments made earlier. But from your current explanation, I understand why people may have come to that conclusion. It does indeed sound like he doesn't want to formally say anything derogatory in any way yet, despite the classlessness of the way this split has happened anyways.....which can come off as wanting to try and appear kosher "just in case."
But, I totally agree with you. I feel like the Russian Fed. seems to be giving him and Vik a bit more control over the future pairings then is in all reality fair or right. I understand that the Russian Fed. wants to have two good teams out of this since that is what they began with. However, I think this situation has reached the point that if S/K doesn't work out, then that's just too bad for S & K - they're previous partners' future shouldn't hinge on whether they made the best choice for themselves. After all, these are all adults and decisions come with consequences - for the good or for the bad. For all of their sakes, I hope they don't end up going back to their old partners because I simply can't imagine that either team will have the trust that they need or a good working environment.

elif

Medalist
Who ever asked Lena and Ruslan what they want? Nobody! Even Viki, even Nikita. So both Lena and Ruslan stayed alone without partners....but they didn't give up and cried in the corner...they did the best possible thing in that moment, they started to train together not to loose practise sessions...and because they like it and coaches like it - they want to skate together....and suddenly once again somebody will come to them and say: "No, I don't care about you plans, it will be how I want." And once again a life will change for Lena and Ruslan and they will have no possibility to say anything about it. What is it? If Nikita is free to make such BIG decisions, Lena and Ruslan as the affected ones should be given the same opportunity, no?

Ilinykh and Zhiganshin really handled well. Instead of crying to media and friends or waiting Nikita's decision, they decided to work together. They did amazing job. They are very sure of themselfs they even invited journalists and federation officials to practices. To me they looked very brave and full of confidence with that move. I'm sure its not easy for a team who only work weeks together and show their work, especially under the circumstances. Why they had to wait Sinitsina and Katsalapov's comparability? Its their problem.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Thanks for clearing that up!! ....I was confused by those comments made earlier. But from your current explanation, I understand why people may have come to that conclusion. It does indeed sound like he doesn't want to formally say anything derogatory in any way yet, despite the classlessness of the way this split has happened anyways.....which can come off as wanting to try and appear kosher "just in case."

So it sounds like Nikita didn't actually say he may change his mind and ask to skate with Elena again? Maybe he wants to have another iron in the fire?

Well, even so, I wouldn't be surprised if did try something like that. If he does, I hope Elena says no! I wouldn't want to be summoned back to skate with someone who had just split up with me a few weeks earlier. Seriously, if they were to get back together, they would have to lay out a new way of dealing with their challenges.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140425/743733264.html

25th of April...Maxim Trankov says that Russian Federation can’t keep sportsmen together if they don’t want. That if a people don’t want to, they will never work together. There are important a close human relationships. He says that Viki became a tall beauty and Ruslan stayed small. While in a couple of Lena & Nikita – they achieved some goal and Nikita wanted a new chapter in his life.

this is a fact

sisinka

Medalist
sisinka said:
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...743733264.html
25th of April...Maxim Trankov... He says that Viki became a tall beauty and Ruslan stayed small. While in a couple of Lena & Nikita – they achieved some goal and Nikita wanted a new chapter in his life.

this is a fact

The fact is that every girl becomes taller since she is 15 years old. As well every boy becomes taller than when he is 15 years old. Why are you and Maxim Trankov so surprised with it, I don't know. Victoria was smaller at the age of 15, so was Ruslan. Since that time Victoria grew out, so did Ruslan.

Victoria is 168 cm tall, Ruslan is 179 cm tall, Nikita is 180 cm tall (I read somewhere he can be 181 cm).
If you say (with Trankov) that Ruslan is too small for Viki and in the same moment you say that they look lovely together with Nikita - the fact is that heights difference between Ruslan and Nikita is 1 cm, maximally 2 cm.

So:
1) you want to tell the whole world that while heights difference of 11 cm is not sufficient, the difference of 12-13 cm is fully sufficient....sorry, this sounds silly.
2) you want to say that you don't like small heights difference between partners, but in moment when Nikita skates with Victoria you don't care about small heights difference at all no more.
Which possibility is yours then???

Btw you forgot about the test who is who:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2znooid.jpg

elif

Medalist
Nikita is taller than Ruslan

Do you think 1 cm is enough for Victoria's big and tall body?:laugh:

Note: This was a sarcasm/joke for skyfly.;) I don't have problem with womens weight/height issues unlike some other posters in here.

sisinka

Medalist
Nikita is taller than Ruslan

And don't forget about Nikita's hair - he always uses a lot of gel or lacker on his hair - that adds him some cm more also - 1 or 2 cm. But I really doubt that this hair style will help him in lifts (why you like to point that men are not tall - which is problem not in whole look of couple only, but also in lifts).

The fact is that Ruslan is 179 cm tall and Nikita 180-181 cm tall...we have to live with it. :laugh:

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Lena made some photo of her with Ruslan (not shirtless like in Nikita's case, but full of good mood).
5ybuhx.jpg

love this picture. they seem happy together. the fed should get this over with and approve this couple. And I agree with Alba. he should have his hair pushed back. he looks even more better that way

Meoima

Match Penalty
So you are not criticizing Victoria because she become bigger and bigger every year? :laugh: Good for you skyfly, I'm impressed:laugh:

Poor Nikita and Ruslan, they both stayed too small for Victoria :laugh: - Sarcasm-

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/d8/f1/76d8f163a23de244c0fc74e337e30e5c.jpg
http://www.figureskating-online.com/mediapool/50/505569/resources/32026011.jpg
Is it just me or Victoria seems to be heavier than Lena? She is taller, even though she is not fat I think Lena is slender. I guess Nikita will have harder time lifting Victoria. :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Is it just me or Victoria seems to be heavier than Lena? She is taller, even though she is not fat I think Lena is slender. I guess Nikita will have harder time lifting Victoria. :laugh:

that's an old photo in 2012
Elena Ilinykh is much heavier than Victoria now who is thinner
not to mention Victoria is prettier than Ilinykh

Meoima

Match Penalty
that's an old photo in 2012
Elena Ilinykh is much heavier than Victoria now who is thinner
not to mention Victoria is prettier than Ilinykh
Tell me exactly how these girls weight, then. In my experience taller girls are often heavier.:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.