Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2825

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=bluestar;914966]
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Though I/K were really fascinating to see at olympics and worlds I did not see really harmony between them during their performances, including gala.They were very vivacious, dynamic, fast, but what I saw, was that Lena was very concentrated on skating, maybe on herself. I did not see her looking at him very often (maybe I'm wrong). I think Russlan could be a good support to come back to fun, harmony, peace, overcome permanent struggling and concentrate on skating.
    That's weird. I felt quite on the contrary. I loved how Elena and Nikita interacted together on the ice (throughout their career, including this season). It may have been just acting but it did make me believe so it looked real to me.

Rinkside
    [QUOTE=hanca;914995]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestar View Post

That's weird. I felt quite on the contrary. I loved how Elena and Nikita interacted together on the ice (throughout their career, including this season). It may have been just acting but it did make me believe so it looked real to me.
    This season seemed different to me, often so serious (Lena). In former seasons there was more smiling during performance by Lena, not by Nikita. I wondered what it was this year. Olympic stress maybe, pressure. But thinking of their argues, in that respect I think Lena can relax now. Maybe...
    (Sorry sisinka for wrong quoting. I've been kicked out..)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I was actually worried I&K would totally dominate this quad and make it even more boring than the two team total dominance of V&M and D&W, and even started a thead inquiring on what others thought on the topic. So while I like them I cant deny to be relieved at some level of their split (while still dissapointed and sad to not see them again all the same, especialy when they were finally turning into the potential world beater people had long touted them to have the potential to be). Now I think we will see a pretty open and exciting quad with of the 5 major events, probably no team winning more than 2 of the 5. As long as Bobrova & Sloppov dont win any of the 5, everything will be perfect.
    It'll look more like the 2006-2010 quad, when V/M and D/W started off at the juniors and ended up dominating. During that time, Debreuil / Lauzon and Denkova / Staviski retired, Belbin / Agosto never quite got to the top, Dom / Shab were on and off with injuries, and then the pendulum appeared to swing to Delobel / Schoenfelder until her injury and then her pregnancy. Point being: I agree with you that this next quad will be more exciting!

Rinkside
    Ok, it's not getting better... Better to finish for today....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    It'll look more like the 2006-2010 quad, when V/M and D/W started off at the juniors and ended up dominating. During that time, Debreuil / Lauzon and Denkova / Staviski retired, Belbin / Agosto never quite got to the top, Dom / Shab were on and off with injuries, and then the pendulum appeared to swing to Delobel / Schoenfelder until her injury and then her pregnancy. Point being: I agree with you that this next quad will be more exciting!
    Yes I think it will be a quad alot like that one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Yes I think it will be a quad alot like that one.
    So let's start guessing - who will end up with one title and pregnancy, who will end up with one title and injuries, who will end up close but never quite making it, who will get fed up and retire and who will end up at the end (Olympic year) at the top?

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    I look forward to the many, many talented and exciting dance teams who do have their act together. I'm not really missing Voir and Marlie at all, because I know the next quad will be so fun to watch. I can't wait to see Cappellini and Lanotte, Weaver and Poje, Chock and Bates, Hurtado and Diaz, Gilles and Poirier, Paul and Islam, etc. grow and push each other.
    It might be boring to have 1 or 2 teams dominate, but I honestly can't say I'm looking forward to a competition like the last WC in dance. The winner with a 4rth place in FD? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    True. The least preferred period I had with Ice Dance were 2003-2010

Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    From article...Mikhail Stifunin, the older (head) coach of Ice Dance in Russia visited Kustarova/Alexeeva’s group and saw Lena and Ruslan’s practise.
    Kustarova says that after a practise head coach was satisfied, he told that Lena and Ruslan looked beautifully together, but he told that a work began only at that time. He recommended them to work in undisturbed mode, not to dissipate at anything. She also says that she is satisfied with first results, that sportsmen understand each other, there are no disbelieves.
    I don't get it....what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I loved how Elena and Nikita interacted together on the ice (throughout their career, including this season). It may have been just acting but it did make me believe so it looked real to me.
    I fully agree. The chemistry these two had together is hard to find. They might go on and have a very succesful career together, but I will always wonder what if....? I had the same feeling about Grishuk and her previous partner Alexandr Chichkov.
    I always thought they would've been fantastic with each other. Even better than Grishuk&Platov.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKQ8DPVP8Yw

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I don't get it....what does it mean?
    Guessing if S/K look good too, then the fed will "aprove" the new couples ????

Quote Originally Posted by pamela View Post
    Guessing if S/K look good too, then the fed will "aprove" the new couples ????
    Me too, and that's why I'm afraid and hoping I misunderstood.
    This is an absolute crap! They can not wait to see if the S&K works, it's not their business anymore. Elena and Ruslan are done with their previous partners.
    Why is the Fed "punishing" these two by letting them in a limbo?

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Me too, and that's why I'm afraid and hoping I misunderstood.
    This is an absolute crap! They can not wait to see if the S&K works, it's not their business anymore. Elena and Ruslan are done with their previous partners.
    Why is the Fed "punishing" these two by letting them in a limbo?
    It's total crap, but there may be underlying reasons as to why.
    Perhaps the Fed are hoping S/K won't work out?
    Would Elena take him (Nikita) back?

Ugh, too much going on. Just make a decision already, Fed...

Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    She might, but that will be a total disaster I'm afraid. The Fed should know better and give a clear cut.
    At least they would have a couple who's working already.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post

Ugh, too much going on. Just make a decision already, Fed...
    I am starting to believe that many people were kicked in the nether-regions because of this inspired move. Did either of these kids stop to ponder the ramifications of such a move right after the Olympics? Couldn't they have worked out a much more classier exit than this? Or at least given their partnerships one more year? Or was it the leak in the press that has thrown them off? You do not need 3 weeks to see if a couple is compatible. Unless of course Marina is trying to determine if they have the potential to be great? Is it that this is being funded entirely by their parents so they're pretty much telling everyone we are going to do whatever we want? I hope it was worth it otherwise they will be in for a very rude awakening.

Its like they just slapped their federation in the face and they either haven't noticed or simply don't really care.

Custom Title
    Yes, there are ramifications. But partnership splits - including high-profile ones - happen every season. It's not as if we're talking about something that is going to affect the stability of World peace or the future of the planet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Yes, there are ramifications. But partnership splits - including high-profile ones - happen every season. It's not as if we're talking about something that is going to affect the stability of World peace or the future of the planet.
    LOL. Why are we still talking about this? The split is a done deal right? We need to just GET OVER IT ALREADY Nobody seems to be making too much of a fuss over Aliona and Robin splitting? Bring on the new pairs. My wish is we hopefully soon just bury this thread.

Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast