Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that there are a lot of clips from the World Championships in this week's episode of WATTS.

Hopefully the video is not geo-blocked:

https://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/watts/watts-going-then-111318742.html

The first clip (Tomas Verner) is at 1m 19s, and there are other clips interspersed throughout the rest of the episode.

Some of the clips this week are really funny! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

deedee1

Record Breaker
Since most of the competition threads on each discipline at Worlds are going on and on with various, rational, mysterious and enigmatic discussions, well it seems to me at least (um, apology in advance English is not my first language) :p, and since this thread has videos of all performances at Worlds (so that makes easier for me to re-check whenever I want to), am I allowed to write my small and immature report here, please, everyone? But please be careful, as usual, it may take forever until I finish it, I warn you! :biggrin:

My husband and I normally attend competitions when they are to be held around Tokyo area only, and of course if our time, money and enough luck for tickets allow us to go (oh, you may not ever imagine how hard to purchase tickets of figure skating competitions in our country these days...we need to reserve tickets online first, but the system is not like 'first come, first serve', we have to get through 'drawing-lots (like lottery, you know)...). 2014 Saitama Worlds was the third competition of the season for us to attend, luckily, after NHK Trophy (Yoyogi) and J-Nats (same venue as this worlds). And it was our very FIRST Worlds, actually (2011 Tokyo Worlds should've been it, if there hadn't been that disastrous mega earthquake;;;...). So, we were sooo excited when we finally could get tickets for all four competition days after having tried a couple of on-line ticketing services.

DAY 1

Now Pairs SP (Day 1) starts at 10:00am (was 11:00 originally...). I don't mind at all getting up one hour earlier, but the thought of getting on jam-packed trains btwn 7:00-9:00am in Tokyo area just kills me. I probably have to leave home 7:00, in order to arrive at Shinjuku around 8:30. Means I HAVE TO JUMP into a already fully packed train. If it's successful, then, I have to prepare myself being pushed away and pushed back, like a leaf floating up and down in a stream/river, every time the train makes a stop at stations on its way. And I have to stay patient all the way to Shinjuku... for almost one hours... :slink: You guys will never imagine how it would be like unless you've been/lived in Tokyo and experienced it. By the time the train arrives at where I should get off finally, I would feel most worn out as if becoming a piece of shredded cheese for pizza myself.
My guess is that not many people who already purchased tickets (where the starting time for each day was pre-printed: e.g. 11:00am/Day 1) do not check JSF website, so they would never know the changes on starting time. Means hundreds of people can't make it in time and likely to miss the first group of Pairs SP, or Dance SD on Day 3, I would worry. ><

The above was our original plan (for my husband and me) but changed it later, because this Worlds was we had been looking forward to attending for so long, and didn't want to let ourselves two pieces of shredded cheese before any of competitions even got started. We left home one hour earlier to avoid crazy rush hour in Tokyo area (energy-saving!), and arrived at Saitama Super Arena by 7:30am. But not straight to Arena, we went to 'Royal Host' restaurant, for breakfast and to celebrate the opening of the Worlds in Japan after 3 years. Ordered 2 plates of eggs benedict and freshly-brewed coffee, then with 4 refills of coffee for each plus additional plate of pancakes in order to kill 2 hours! :laugh:

Before I start, here is my list of 'must cheer for with all my heart':
-Pairs: Aolina/Robin, Stefania/Ondrej, Vanessa/Morgan, Narumi/Ryuichi, Peng/Zhang, Lavrentieva/Rudyk(UKR)
-Men: Tomas, Jeremy, Takahiko, Max (for golden411! ^^/), Elladj, Majorov, Zoltan, Chafik, Godorozha (UKR)
-Ladies: Mao, Akiko, Caro, Valentina, Jenna, Anna Pogo, Mae, Gabrielle, Popova (UKR)
-Dance: Nathalie/Fabian, Reeds, Anna/Luca, Kaitlyn/Andrew, Piper/Paul, Madison/Evan, Penny/Nicholas, Zlobina/Sitnikov, Hurtado/Diaz

And Mr deedee's list of 'must cheer for with all his heart' (my guess, but was obvious from his look during the entire comps, I thought ;)):
Maylin Wende, Marissa Castelli, Max Aaron (rather for himself, but also for golden411! ^^/) , Han Yan, Peter Liebers, Maciej Chielpucha, Kevin Reynolds, Alexander Majorov, Nathalie Pechalat, Neli Zhiganshina, Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei, Julia Lipnitskaia, Kaetlyn Osmond, Zijun Li

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh deedee you are so funny. Imagine becoming "a piece of shredded cheese"
from riding the subway. I am glad that you left early and avoided the mad
dash and crush of the Tokyo subway.

Reading your reports is like sipping a glass of fine wine!

Looking forward to the details! :)

abc123

Rinkside
Has anyone found the links to the nbc broadcast? i cant get enough of tara and johnny's commentary