2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

missysays

On the Ice
I miss Davis/White and Virtue/Moir. Is this just post-Olympics blah or what's in store for the next couple of years before the new cream rises to the top?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not the best skate for Natahalie and Fabian :eek:hwell: Something like 71-72 could have already given them the World title, but this will be much lower I think...

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Thank goodness for that at least!

Not a great skate, but at least they got ahead of I/K. Looks like the door's been left open for W/P a bit. Not sure if they can beat 68, but they should be able to get close. We shall see...

I'm way late to the party, but I just wanted to give P/I a shoutout. What a way to skate at their first worlds!:clap: I'll be beyond thrilled if they can squeak into the top 10. Looks like they may have paid for their start order a bit, though I have a suspicion they missed something big in the Finnstep, because they looked a bit annoyed with themselves at the end.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
WTH?!?! 1st? And a personal best in PCS. :rolleye:

Please bury them P/B. Absolutely unacceptable if I/K are still in the top 3. They essentially missed the majority Twizzles sequence and it was a VERY visible error.

Visible? You could have seen it from space without a satellite. I wonder how much the Russian Fed paid for that score.

And P/B were put ahead, but with a point differential that can be easily overcome.

I spit on the judging.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Ok. I'm done for the night. That was absolutely ridiculous. You miss 2/3 of the twizzles, have wild free legs all over the place, and you still get over 65?? So not deserved. To me, the order so far should be:

- Shibs
- Sinit/Zhig
- Paul/Islam
- Ilyn/Kats
- Zhig/Gaz

But again P/I are being punished for being so early in the competition, Zhig/Gaz were not really that great, and I/K were seriously overscored! Ugh!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hahaha :) 68

And here we go. I/K still have a shot in FD!

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow - even sadder that Ekaterina and Dimitri are injured - they could have been leading at this point

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
at least they're #1

whatever @ i/k, i really hope they do split up this season because if they don't they'll be overscored like crazy

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
lol and everyone laughed at me when i said when they're gone you'll miss v/m and d/w winning everything

sloppy, sloppy skating by so many teams today

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So you mess up a major element and you get a 9 in performance/execution? Got it.

caitie

Medalist
at least they're #1

whatever @ i/k, i really hope they do split up this season because if they don't they'll be overscored like crazy

Same here. If this is what it's gonna be like, I'm glad they're splitting up too even though I actually like them.