2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh nothing will beat Bobrova/Soloviev's insane asylum program in terms of pure "***?" for me. Although their discarded "dying bird" program from earlier this season is a close second.

Yes, the Dead Bird program. But none can touch I/K's Ghost program for sheer Camp Pleasure.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
why do so many skaters miss the point of illusion fabric

it's not illusion fabric if it's three shades darker than your skin, girls..

let's see if i/k don't randomly fall on their faces first

One of my issues with Rachael Flatt right here, as one of the worst offenders of horribly done mesh. Even at nationals. I loved the dress, but that kind of orange isn't anyone's skin tone. Unless, of course, you're an oompa loompa. Look in a mirror before you skate, please.

With I/K, I'm wondering if that they're breaking up immediately afterwards is going to throw them off. Nothing is consistent with them, and that's just throwing another issue into a tornado of problems they already have.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
these two always look like they decided to swallow bricks right before skating or something, they always look so heavy and labored on the ice

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
O'Brien and Merriman had the best Finnstep so far I think. It had real speed and attack and was nicely exuberant and crisp. Good for them.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I actually liked the Turkish pair. However, this is an official plea to stop bejeweling the mesh. It just doesn't look good on anyone.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
uh there is no way this dude is 21, he looks like he has five kids and house in the suburbs

You mean Rand? LOL! I was thinking, Golf Dad. The mustacho isn't helping. It is aging him a good decade.

I like the Turks. They got royally screwed last year, so I hope they do well this year.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Apparently Ramona's 22? Could've fooled me. The hair and that dress ages her five years. And this program is kind of all over the place. They lost me at Finnstep stumbles.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Apparently Ramona's 22? Could've fooled me. The hair and that dress ages her five years. And this program is kind of all over the place. They lost me at Finnstep stumbles.

They're a throwback to wayyyyyyyyy Old Style ID. They would have done really well...in 1979.

donezo

On the Ice
I must admit, I half expected the Finnish team to wipe out on footwork when I saw that Maurizio Margaglio was their coach. Color me surprised!