Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cheers to the Japanese Crowds!

Custom Title

Cheers to the Japanese Crowds!

Showing us what REAL Figure Skating Fans look like! Thunderous Applause and Respect for ALL the skaters! I love when events are held in Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by zschultz1986 View Post
    Showing us what REAL Figure Skating Fans look like! Thunderous Applause and Respect for ALL the skaters! I love when events are held in Japan!
    indeed,the Japanese crowd is AMAZING! No wonder so many skaters like to compete in Japan!

Custom Title
    ^^ITA. The Japanese audience was not only supportive and respectful of all competitors but also knowledgeable about their situation, e.g., the British Eurosport commentators noted how they cheered the Ukranian contestant Natalia Popova knowing of the difficult conditions back in her home country. No wonder they called Japan the "home" of figure skating. Speaking of home, I read a post that also likened the Japanese audience to "a warm pillow." Nice analogy that .

Custom Title
    Yes! I have often remarked myself on how generous and appreciative the Japanese audiences are, to all skaters.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^^ITA. The Japanese audience was not only supportive and respectful of all competitors but also knowledgeable about their situation, e.g., the British Eurosport commentators noted how they cheered the Ukranian contestant Natalia Popova knowing of the difficult conditions back in her home country. No wonder they called Japan the "home" of figure skating. Speaking of home, I read a post that also likened the Japanese audience to "a warm pillow." Nice analogy that .
    Crying for the support from Japanese fans.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Hats off and Not surprised at all.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    They are amazing, kind and warm. Supporting every skater from the big guns to the worst from the smallest countries. Of course the cheers for the local heroes are the loudest but they appreciate the sport and don't make it seem like it is about their own national pride and beating the others!

埼玉のみんなさんありがとう!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Supporting every skater from the big guns to the worst from the smallest countries.
    That's another good point - see how PACKED the arena has been, even for the lower-ranked skaters, about 4 hours before the final group takes to the ice?! Amazing!

Actually, I think it might have overwhelmed a few skaters, who have perhaps never performed in front of such huge crowds...? eg. Nam Nguyen's weird and uncharacteristic fall-for-no-reason

Custom Title
    Such a relief after the terrible experience in Sochi.
    We all have to thank the Japanese audience for this warm, uplifting atmosphere in the huge and fully crowded Arena!!!!

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Such a relief after the terrible experience in Sochi.
    We all have to thank the Japanese audience for this warm, uplifting atmosphere in the huge and fully crowded Arena!!!!
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. The ovation for Carolina was especially sweet to see.

to the Japanese fans! And of course, a .

Fantastic audience!
    Perfect for such an event!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. The ovation for Carolina was especially sweet to see.

to the Japanese fans! And of course, a .
    from me too. Euro guy called Japan the country of Figure Skating today. I agree 100%

About Carol, she got so much flowers. Very touching.

Custom Title
    Thanks, everyone, for all your compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    They must have heard me yelling 'Go Ukraine!!!' a number of times for 2 days so far, from level 4th floor (close to the ceiling), may I assume? Such a shame Ukraine pair team and Godorozha did not make it to the free.

Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    That's another good point - see how PACKED the arena has been, even for the lower-ranked skaters, about 4 hours before the final group takes to the ice?! Amazing!
    I spent over 10hrs in the arena Day 1, and over 8hrs Day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Carolina and Aolina/Robin were simply 'dream' for those who were at the arena today!
    Indeed, her SP to Ave Maria and their beautiful Free to Nutcracker, as well as Mao's, Akiko's SPs and Vanessa/Morgan's Free were highlight for me!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Thank you deedee for making this a special night for Aliona and Robin's last performance of their career!

Custom Title
    So refreshing.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast