Cheers to the Japanese Crowds! | Golden Skate

Cheers to the Japanese Crowds!

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Showing us what REAL Figure Skating Fans look like! Thunderous Applause and Respect for ALL the skaters! I love when events are held in Japan!

roxella

On the Ice
Showing us what REAL Figure Skating Fans look like! Thunderous Applause and Respect for ALL the skaters! I love when events are held in Japan!

:clap::yay::agree: indeed,the Japanese crowd is AMAZING! No wonder so many skaters like to compete in Japan! :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^^ITA. The Japanese audience was not only supportive and respectful of all competitors but also knowledgeable about their situation, e.g., the British Eurosport commentators noted how they cheered the Ukranian contestant Natalia Popova knowing of the difficult conditions back in her home country. No wonder they called Japan the "home" of figure skating. Speaking of home, I read a post that also likened the Japanese audience to "a warm pillow." Nice analogy that :).

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes! I have often remarked myself on how generous and appreciative the Japanese audiences are, to all skaters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^^ITA. The Japanese audience was not only supportive and respectful of all competitors but also knowledgeable about their situation, e.g., the British Eurosport commentators noted how they cheered the Ukranian contestant Natalia Popova knowing of the difficult conditions back in her home country. No wonder they called Japan the "home" of figure skating. Speaking of home, I read a post that also likened the Japanese audience to "a warm pillow." Nice analogy that :).
Crying for the support from Japanese fans. :cry:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
They are amazing, kind and warm. Supporting every skater from the big guns to the worst from the smallest countries. Of course the cheers for the local heroes are the loudest but they appreciate the sport and don't make it seem like it is about their own national pride and beating the others!

埼玉のみんなさんありがとう!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Supporting every skater from the big guns to the worst from the smallest countries.
That's another good point - see how PACKED the arena has been, even for the lower-ranked skaters, about 4 hours before the final group takes to the ice?! Amazing!

Actually, I think it might have overwhelmed a few skaters, who have perhaps never performed in front of such huge crowds...? eg. Nam Nguyen's weird and uncharacteristic fall-for-no-reason

Big Deal

Final Flight
Such a relief after the terrible experience in Sochi.
We all have to thank the Japanese audience for this warm, uplifting atmosphere in the huge and fully crowded Arena!!!!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Such a relief after the terrible experience in Sochi.
We all have to thank the Japanese audience for this warm, uplifting atmosphere in the huge and fully crowded Arena!!!!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The ovation for Carolina was especially sweet to see.

:points: to the Japanese fans! And of course, a :bow:.

BusyMom

Medalist
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The ovation for Carolina was especially sweet to see.

:points: to the Japanese fans! And of course, a :bow:.

:bow::clap: from me too. Euro guy called Japan the country of Figure Skating today. I agree 100%

About Carol, she got so much flowers. Very touching.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks, everyone, for all your compliments.

^^ITA. The Japanese audience was not only supportive and respectful of all competitors but also knowledgeable about their situation, e.g., the British Eurosport commentators noted how they cheered the Ukranian contestant Natalia Popova knowing of the difficult conditions back in her home country. No wonder they called Japan the "home" of figure skating. Speaking of home, I read a post that also likened the Japanese audience to "a warm pillow." Nice analogy that .

They must have heard me yelling 'Go Ukraine!!!' a number of times for 2 days so far, from level 4th floor (close to the ceiling), may I assume? ;) Such a shame Ukraine pair team and Godorozha did not make it to the free. :cry:

That's another good point - see how PACKED the arena has been, even for the lower-ranked skaters, about 4 hours before the final group takes to the ice?! Amazing!

I spent over 10hrs in the arena Day 1, and over 8hrs Day 2. :biggrin:

Carolina and Aolina/Robin were simply 'dream' for those who were at the arena today! :love:
Indeed, her SP to Ave Maria and their beautiful Free to Nutcracker, as well as Mao's, Akiko's SPs and Vanessa/Morgan's Free were highlight for me! :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thank you deedee for making this a special night for Aliona and Robin's last performance of their career!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes, thank you to the crowds and the fans! Wonderful to see them so appreciative of everyone, as opposed to the overly nationalist crowds at Sochi.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I hope when north america and europe broadcast this and people watch they will see hiw exciting skating can be, even with a complicated judging system. Its still great viewing and the judging loks so much better and less lucratuve than in Russia.

shellbell757

Rinkside
I too was so happy to see the skaters getting support from the audience-definitely a more pleasing atmosphere than they had to deal with at the Olympics!