Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Mao have attempted the 3-3 in the short?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Huh? Kostner's technical content in the LP is significantly lower than Asada's.
    Mao could be ur central

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    What was Kostner's score at the Olympics? One of the things I'm wondering is if Mao's FS score will shoot up, simply for being out of Sochi.
    Of course Mao's FS score will shoot up (if she delivers). She beat Kostner in the LP at the Olympics even with relatively held-down PCS and two < calls.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    What was Kostner's score at the Olympics? One of the things I'm wondering is if Mao's FS score will shoot up, simply for being out of Sochi.
    It was within a point of Mao. Mao got 142.71 and Caro 142.61. If you add Mao's record short program score from Worlds and Olympic Free score together, she still wouldn't have beat Adelina. So much for chances at the OGM. Never would've happened.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    It was within a point of Mao. Mao got 142.71 and Caro 142.61. If you add Mao's record short program score from Worlds and Olympic Free score together, she still wouldn't have beat Adelina. So much for chances at the OGM. Never would've happened.
    She would've gotten final group pcs

Banned
    Mao's LP score would have been way higher skating in the final flight. It would be pretty much impossible to score below 150 in fact, even by the corrupt Sochi panel. Had Mao done her worlds SP and Olympic LP and didnt win....boy if the Sotbots and Russians think the heat is hot now it would be nothing compared to the fury had that set of events occured. Mind you if she does her Olympic LP at worlds in Japan the score wont be the mere 152ish score it would have been in the final flight in Sochi by the currupt Putin Panel, but more like 160+.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Mao could be ur central
    In Japan she wont be even in the event she deserved it (which she sometimes does). I do notice her < problem getting better though.

Custom Title
    In the Judging Conspiracy thread, a member, markmchen, did some statistics analysis and found Mao's GOEs to have among the least divergent values, which likely means that she was probably the most honestly and accurately judged because the judged knew she was out of the contention after her disastrous SP. She was the winner of the FS that night in my book.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    In Japan she wont be even in the event she deserved it (which she sometimes does). I do notice her < problem getting better though.
    It looks like the Ladies FS was UR central for the Japanese skaters with many < calls, several of which were laughable. The call on Mao's 3A, multiple calls for Kanako and Suzuki. I was tickled pink when I noticed the loop in Mao's 3-3 was called clean while the 3F was deemed <. Then Julia's fall got a << when it clearly was not more than a <. Reminds me of the calls 4 years ago where Mao also won the title despite the strictness of the tech panel.

Just goes to show that the vaunted Japanese home cooking doesn't hold a candle to Russia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2