Should Mao have attempted the 3-3 in the short? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Should Mao have attempted the 3-3 in the short?

usethis2

Medalist
It was within a point of Mao. Mao got 142.71 and Caro 142.61. If you add Mao's record short program score from Worlds and Olympic Free score together, she still wouldn't have beat Adelina. So much for chances at the OGM. Never would've happened.

In the Judging Conspiracy thread, a member, markmchen, did some statistics analysis and found Mao's GOEs to have among the least divergent values, which likely means that she was probably the most honestly and accurately judged because the judged knew she was out of the contention after her disastrous SP. She was the winner of the FS that night in my book.

CarneAsada

Medalist
In Japan she wont be even in the event she deserved it (which she sometimes does). I do notice her < problem getting better though.
It looks like the Ladies FS was UR central for the Japanese skaters with many < calls, several of which were laughable. The call on Mao's 3A, multiple calls for Kanako and Suzuki. I was tickled pink when I noticed the loop in Mao's 3-3 was called clean while the 3F was deemed <. Then Julia's fall got a << when it clearly was not more than a <. Reminds me of the calls 4 years ago where Mao also won the title despite the strictness of the tech panel.

Just goes to show that the vaunted Japanese home cooking doesn't hold a candle to Russia.