2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna can breathe a sigh of relief finally another Korean girl to take up the mantle so they don't try to drag her back on the ice in 2018.

Kuan

Final Flight
SOOO GREAT to see So Youn skate like that!!! She has better Lutz and and 2A-3T than ladies of group 4!:love:

ahy

Final Flight
That score is super huge for her!! Is it possible for her to get to top 10?!

elee63

Final Flight
Bad spiral and layback free leg aside, that was an outstanding performance by Park!

Have a question about that free leg. In korea at least, the whole "pointed toe" thing doesn't seem to be emphasized. Is it something that is one of the requirements of a layback, or has it just been unofficially decided that its more aesthetically pleasing that way?

roxella

On the Ice

Yes,it may be possible...the commentators over here said that with this score she can be into top 10 :) I really wish she will! She deserves it :)

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Yuna, is that you?
jk
:laugh: :laugh:

Haha can't be! Yuna has bad spirals and layback free leg position as well. So Youn is cuter though. :p

Have a question about that free leg. In korea at least, the whole "pointed toe" thing doesn't seem to be emphasized. Is it something that is one of the requirements of a layback, or has it just been unofficially decided that its more aesthetically pleasing that way?
Not enough points for some skaters to worry/care about fixing. Jumps, afterall, are the most important point grabber. It's not just Koreans either.

alebi

Medalist
which one do you think will be Asian n°2 country in female figure skating next years? China or Korea? Zijun and So Youn are almost on the same level, what about other skaters? I'm honest, I've never liked Kexin a lot...

Kuan

Final Flight

This will be difficult. Daleman and Osmond have to bomb,...then maybe she is in 10th. But lets hope for more skates like that :love:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Brooklee HAN (AUS)

Music: Secret (soundtrack) by Jay Chou

Bright red dress with very silver sparkly halter

3Lo+2T
3Lz - hand down, fall
3T+2T
FCSp
3S
LSp - nice speed
3T - fall
2A
StSq
3S - hangs on, tried to add +1T, looked <
ChSt - spiral, spiral
CCoSp

Shame about the falls, she looks disappointed. Nice fast spins, though.

FS: 43.92+49.16-2.00 = 91.08, 144.28, in 5th (out of 8)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Congrats So Youn :) Great Fs at senior worlds debut. Hope there's plenty of good things to come. WELL DONE!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah CaroLiza, I read your post about Jenna. That's a real shame, but at least she had a very good SP--an up note to end a very long career.

Thank you! And that SP was indeed a very good note to bow out on!

I'm really sorry =(
I wanted to see Jenna skating another time before retiring, she seemed so keen on skating this worlds

She was. Her family weren't able to go to Sochi, so that was why she was so keen to do Worlds.

Did the Eurosport announcer really call it Pyongyang? :eek:

Didn't notice, but it is very easily done. Every time I refer to the next Olympics, I have to look up Wikipedia before I post the message, just to make sure that I pick the right name. ;)

At least it is easier for the ski jumping. All the Nordic skiing is being held in Alpensia, so that is what all the commentators say! :laugh:

GOOD LUCK ANNA!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

zamboni step

Final Flight
This will be difficult. Daleman and Osmond have to bomb,...then maybe she is in 10th. But lets hope for more skates like that :love:

Daleman is below her after the short, and I haven't seen her skate well enough to match that. Osmond.....will be interesting.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Park has received great vehicles to build reputation

Yuna gave her Olympic experience

And S. Korea are giving her 4CC at home at a pivotal time,

If she takes advantage there like she did here she'll be on the rise

GET HER SOME ORSER ! :laugh: