Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So we should be pretending that things are ok when they aren't? No, thanks. Come on, show some self-respect!
    I would prefer that to everyone saying the sky is falling and trying to fix judging issues yet only based on Sochi or worse Adelina vs Yuna alone. Lame! Don't get me wrong it's quite comical and its free so ill be to no end!!

Maybe after tonight they will remember who Caro is! I'm pulling for Mao and Yulia but she could use some redemption too!!

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by titatovenaar View Post
    Skating is always going to be subjective regardless of the system used to judge it, and on top of that you have all the silly nationalism and/or fan-boys and fan-girls.

It's all useless wasted energy (at-least for a spectator), better to just enjoy the performances IMHO
    There will always be crime. It doesn't mean that the judicial system should be abolished.

There's always room for improvement. ^^

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I♥Yuna View Post
    I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals
    ^Yes!!!!
    Doesn't the skater with the higher-scoring LP win the tiebreak? In any case it's high time Carolina set a WR to become the new target of some well-earned hatred and envy from the jealous ubers... whoops, I mean attention from ardent fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Doesn't the skater with the higher-scoring LP win the tiebreak? In any case it's high time Carolina set a WR to become the new target of some well-earned hatred and envy from the jealous ubers... whoops, I mean attention from ardent fans.
    ^

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I would prefer that to everyone saying the sky is falling and trying to fix judging issues yet only based on Sochi or worse Adelina vs Yuna alone. Lame!
    It's not like those are the only two existing options.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Doesn't the skater with the higher-scoring LP win the tiebreak?
    What?! No!

In any case it's high time Carolina set a WR to become the new target of some well-earned hatred and envy from the jealous ubers... whoops, I mean attention from ardent fans.
    It's just so dumb (but so entertaining too! )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by I♥Yuna View Post
    I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals
    That would be fantastic in so many ways. I want to see that happening!

Edit: BTW, when does the FS begin? I am debating whether to watch live.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No.

The standard of judging in figure skating is pretty piss-poor and the judging system is still very undeveloped. Why accept this crap when we could be doing much better, with some effort?
    True. Also true is that there would not be as much excitement if there wasn't a competition. (Gala, anyone?) A lot of people wouldn't be here talking if this event wasn't a competition. I don't know whether some folks are really that subordinate or twisted in some way.

We can celebrate the occasion and athletes' excellence, and discuss possible improvements at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

I'm trying to decide now if I should sleep for a couple hours or tough it out and stay up 24hrs again. I got really loopy during the SP where I did stay up for 24hrs.

Custom Title
    haha me too. I'm going to bed right now and waking up around 5ish. see yall in a bit.

McCorkell has withdrawn, according to the official ISU page. Anyone know why?

Let's see if Polina can finally land that jump she fell on BOTH at Nationals and the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    McCorkell has withdrawn, according to the official ISU page. Anyone know why?
    I was about to post the same question. I feel bad for CaroLiza_fan! It just says " withdraws die to back"and google had nothing!

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Jenna's withdrawn??? How awful! Isn't she retiring?

I was hoping to see her one last time, especially since she just didn't make it to the free in Sochi.

Medalist
    UK EUROSPORT stream? (...so I can follow english analysts!)

Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast